+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of losing my dream job prospect if I do not receive my renewed PR card!

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
Hello All,
My application for renewal of PR card started processing on the 18th of December 2017. On the 2nd of February 2018 i got an email from CIC stating that they had send me a correspondence. Since then, I had sent them the required files they requested!

In the mean time I had been going through a gruesomely long application and interview process with my dream company and was eventually offered a position on the condition that I would receive my renewed PR status confirmation by the 13th of April.

The office dealing with my application is located in Hamilton, and i was wondering if there is any way to speed up the process? I even sent them an urgent file with my job offer attached! But i am yet to see an update on the CIC website.
This is genuinely my dream job and a once in a lifetime opportunity i have been working so so hard for so if anyone could help me with any pieces of information it would be so gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello All,
My application for renewal of PR card started processing on the 18th of December 2017. On the 2nd of February 2018 i got an email from CIC stating that they had send me a correspondence. Since then, I had sent them the required files they requested!

In the mean time I had been going through a gruesomely long application and interview process with my dream company and was eventually offered a position on the condition that I would receive my renewed PR status confirmation by the 13th of April.

The office dealing with my application is located in Hamilton, and i was wondering if there is any way to speed up the process? I even sent them an urgent file with my job offer attached! But i am yet to see an update on the CIC website.
This is genuinely my dream job and a once in a lifetime opportunity i have been working so so hard for so if anyone could help me with any pieces of information it would be so gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!
On a point of order, your PR status is not being renewed. Only the PR card "travel document" is.

You remain a PR and it's your SIN number that indicates your right to work. Having a PR card is not required to engage in employment with a new employer.

Reactions: RamezG

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hello All,
PR card renewal is not the same as PR status renewal. You are a PR. A PR card is just a travel document. You do NOT need a PR card to have valid PR status. I'm not sure how the company can tie PR status to a PR card renewal application, especially if you are already living in Canada.

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
That is exactly what i thought, i sent the company my Record of landing as well as my SIN number but it doesnt seem to be enough as they want my status on the CIC to confirm that my PR card has been renewed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a chance that you didn't meet your RO? Are you in secondary review? If not I would try to educate the HR team about the difference between pr card and valid pr.

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
On a point of order, your PR status is not being renewed. Only the PR card "travel document" is.

You remain a PR and it's your SIN number that indicates your right to work. Having a PR card is not required to engage in employment with a new employer.
Is there any sort of an official office that I can go to that can provide me with an official document or stamp of some sort that states I am eligible to work in Canada due to my SIN and Record of Landing being valid while i wait for my PR card to be renewed?

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
PR card renewal is not the same as PR status renewal. You are a PR. A PR card is just a travel document. You do NOT need a PR card to have valid PR status. I'm not sure how the company can tie PR status to a PR card renewal application, especially if you are already living in Canada.
Is there any sort of an official office that I can go to that can provide me with an official document or stamp of some sort that states I am eligible to work in Canada due to my SIN and Record of Landing being valid while i wait for my PR card to be renewed?

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
Is there a chance that you didn't meet your RO? Are you in secondary review? If not I would try to educate the HR team about the difference between pr card and valid pr.
I received a correspondence informing me to send some more additional documents which i sent back to them accordingly. So not sure if that counts as secondary review, but I have been living in Canada and do have the required days to renew my PR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - there isn't. Your SIN should be enough to allow you to work.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your dream company should brush up on it's understanding of "Permanent Residence"! The first digit in the SIN card is an excellent indicator of you ability to work in Canada. A temporary resident (someone who needs a visa that requires renewing) starts with a "9".

Reactions: JpEtCaro and scylla

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
That is exactly what i thought, i sent the company my Record of landing as well as my SIN number but it doesnt seem to be enough as they want my status on the CIC to confirm that my PR card has been renewed?
What exactly does the company’ letter or email say? Because it would foolish for them to state in their communication to you that they need confirmation of your cards renewal for you to work.
I know that some countries embassy/consulate requires proof that you have submitted for PR renewal when you approach then to renew your passport. For that they ask to submit the receipt of fee payment of PR Card renewal. That is something you could check with the company.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Does this job require travel? Maybe that is a reason they are asking for it?

If it doesn't require travel then I am with the others here, your PR card does prove your right to work, your SIN does.

If they are pushing for a valid PR to prove you meet the requirements, you can, of course, push back because you aren't required to prove anything to them (with the exception of your skills and your SIN), however, they aren't required to give you the job either.

Good luck!

RamezG

Apr 6, 2018
What exactly does the company’ letter or email say? Because it would foolish for them to state in their communication to you that they need confirmation of your cards renewal for you to work.
I know that some countries embassy/consulate requires proof that you have submitted for PR renewal when you approach then to renew your passport. For that they ask to submit the receipt of fee payment of PR Card renewal. That is something you could check with the company.
It states that: "unfortunately we won’t be able to have you come onboard with us until you demonstrate you are eligible to work in Canada with your obtained PR status."

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
It states that: "unfortunately we won’t be able to have you come onboard with us until you demonstrate you are eligible to work in Canada with your obtained PR status."
That sounds as if they think that you have not yet 'landed' as a PR. I would absolutely correct them on this and tell them you already have PR status and have had for some time now. If they push that issue, advise them you did not apply for your status, rather that you are renewing your travel document as your status never expires.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Your SIN is the indicator of you being a permanent resident and being eligible to work. Those on work permit and intl students have a different series in SIN.