Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Hi everyone,

I recently found out that my application for permanent residence is currently at the POS visa office.

I emailed them and they replied saying that my app is currently being reviewed and as soon as the review is completed I will be contacted regarding the next step in processing my application...

Application Date: JAN 21, 2017
Category - Ontario Provincial Nominee - Outland

Anyone out there with similar situation?
Hey nothing wrong with emailing PSPAN - and enquiring about your application. Just dont ask how long it will take, they will just email you a generic response, that they will tell you when its ready when its ready when they are ready. If you read any of my past posts its all about being nice, and supporting to help the office to push your application along. You want to be proactive about you process

Hi PSPAN

Im just following up on my application I was notified it was at your office for review since XXX. Please let me know if there are any issues, or concerns you have, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you XXX

Cheers

Ryan

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

ryanr

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS - Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015DEC04
AOR Received.
2016FEB15
Med's Request
Submitted /w App.
Med's Done....
2015MAY08
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
FEDEX PP-SENT POS 2016APR16|POS RECV POS:2016APR26
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUES 2016MAY10-FEXEXED|PP-INHAND 2016MAY12
LANDED..........
SEP2016
Thanks so much, you're such a darling. We have until July 31, 2017 to submit everything. We are currently working on getting all the forms refill, and medical along with the updated police clearance. And I feel like we wouldnt be submitting it anytime soon, because i have the original Birth Certificate for my husband so I have to mail that to him to get the police clearance...Everything we do takes extra energy or calls for extra attention..:(
Like my other email - dont be affaid to all and ask either for A - an extention because it will take a while to mail and get back responses and then send it to PSPAN. OR B - ask if the other documents hasn't expired if it was possible to use that instead. All of the other updated documents you can fed down quick fast.

When i asked themt o call me about the police and medical, i played it up, saying it would take another months for the police, and 1 month for the medical as i has to schedule an appointment with the Doctor. Remember they wont know how long it really takes, you can fudge a little.

Just play it up and be very sad when you talk to them. Im just trying to get everything completed for you byt the Doctor cant see us until 3 weeks away, and the police clarence has to be sent to here, wait 3 weeks and then send back to me and then to you...blah blah blah,

Play it up on the line with that person.

if you do a good job and your police and med hasnt expired in most cases they want to get the application forms off their queue. So they will if its possible use the old docs. I mean granted what theyre doing is wanting to make sure no crimes has bene committed since, and he's not since the og forms were submitted.

But agian that can be overlooked, just play it up as a damsel in distress that you just want your husband to be here. IF YOU HAVE TO CRY a little CRY!!!

Cheers
Ryan

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hey nothing wrong with emailing PSPAN - and enquiring about your application. Just dont ask how long it will take, they will just email you a generic response, that they will tell you when its ready when its ready when they are ready. If you read any of my past posts its all about being nice, and supporting to help the office to push your application along. You want to be proactive about you process

Hi PSPAN

Im just following up on my application I was notified it was at your office for review since XXX. Please let me know if there are any issues, or concerns you have, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you XXX

Cheers

Ryan
Hey Ryan, thanks for the advice.....my background check has now changed to "we are processing your background check......" . It was saying "not applicable since March 1, 2017.....
Any idea how much longer until PPR?

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Thanks so much, I will email them on monday to see if it was received.

If im not mistaken it takes about 2-3 weeks.
When I sent my wifes passport, I confirmed it reached in POS in a few days. Then emailed POS saying "Hey im just confirming the passport has arrived, and signed by XXX person (usually whichever mail carrier you sent it with, will have a signed or received by name in the confirmation/online tracking tool), and I would like to know if there is anything else you may need"

This forced the person who is answering you email to check into your application and give you a more accurate response.

Ryan

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Received PPR today.
Congratulations!!!!!
Can you please share your timeline. When was your medical request received? Under which stream did you apply?

Craveholiness

Jan 12, 2017
Congratulations!!!!!
Can you please share your timeline. When was your medical request received? Under which stream did you apply?
Stream MPNP outland
File received at CIC –7th Dec 2016
UCI / AOR 1-17th Feb 2017
AOR 2 POS - 13th March 2017
Medical Request - 18th May 2017
PPR - 28th June 2017

Reactions: orichy

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Stream MPNP outland
PPR - 28th June 2017
Hi! Congrats! you must feel so relieved!
I hope my ppr comes this week as well!

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Stream MPNP outland
PPR - 28th June 2017
wow, very fast! All the best with your landing .

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
DAMN! chill - no everyone has the resources as their finger tips like you do. Why someone gets a lawyer, is their own business and reasoning. At the time, the agreement between lawyer, and client will be different. So not every lawyer is a sleezebag like you're painting them out to be.
Ummm, u need to relax...lol if you were on here earlier and knew of the past discussion or the situation that cause me to say that. I am sorry, what resources are you referring to?? Immigration lawyers are a waste of time and it is better using a CIC consultant which is far cheaper and better service. I went through every applications with CIC... from Student Visa, to Canadian Exp. Class, to work permit to PR and Citizenship...so technically this is not my first rodeo

The purpose of this site is to help each other base on past experiences or what one might know. it is to help each other to be updated and guide each other through the right process. Some people feel that a decision would be different is a lawyer is on the file which is definitely not the case. the only time it would be smart and recommended to use a lawyer office for immigration is if you have to do an appeal. I have been in the legal feel for over 10 years now to know how messed up the system is and how offices works...You are right not all offices might be the same but chances are very low depending to which assistant hand your file fall into.

Reactions: orichy

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hi everyone,

I recently found out that my application for permanent residence is currently at the POS visa office.

I emailed them and they replied saying that my app is currently being reviewed and as soon as the review is completed I will be contacted regarding the next step in processing my application...

Application Date: JAN 21, 2017
Category - Ontario Provincial Nominee - Outland

Anyone out there with similar situation?
it has been approximately 5 months. So, I filed my app Oct 21 2016 and Feb 2017 which is three months later, I contacted my MP office and asked them to call in for an update. CIC advised them on when my medical was going to expire to the document they are waiting for and when they are expected to start the eligibility review which was very helpful. because every time i tried emailing them they would say your file is currently being review and they will contact my husband on the next step.

Hope this helps.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Like my other email - dont be affaid to all and ask either for A - an extention because it will take a while to mail and get back responses and then send it to PSPAN. OR B - ask if the other documents hasn't expired if it was possible to use that instead. All of the other updated documents you can fed down quick fast.

When i asked themt o call me about the police and medical, i played it up, saying it would take another months for the police, and 1 month for the medical as i has to schedule an appointment with the Doctor. Remember they wont know how long it really takes, you can fudge a little.

Just play it up and be very sad when you talk to them. Im just trying to get everything completed for you byt the Doctor cant see us until 3 weeks away, and the police clarence has to be sent to here, wait 3 weeks and then send back to me and then to you...blah blah blah,

Play it up on the line with that person.

if you do a good job and your police and med hasnt expired in most cases they want to get the application forms off their queue. So they will if its possible use the old docs. I mean granted what theyre doing is wanting to make sure no crimes has bene committed since, and he's not since the og forms were submitted.

But agian that can be overlooked, just play it up as a damsel in distress that you just want your husband to be here. IF YOU HAVE TO CRY a little CRY!!!

Cheers
Ryan

Thanks, We are good with time...Medical was already completed (medical done June 7,2017 and it doesn't expire until 1 year from date completed) forms were filled out. CIC has been very generous with their extension, I have been providing them with everything possible to support what I am saying. The only thing we now have to attached is the Police Report which we would get shortly. We will then proceed to submit everything together with the passport as per their request.

Again, thanks for taking the time respond.