AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
Welcome to all the newbies!!!! I have a question hope somebody can answer. So as I mentioned before my husbands passport was requested back in the beginning of April and we still have not received it. We called and emailed (thanks for the advice Monzb) but they have not responded with anything. I finally decided to go to the MP next week. Is it really worth going to the MP?? Do they have any authority or are they only authorized to as much information as I am? Will contacting them affect the app?

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Welcome to all the newbies!!!! I have a question hope somebody can answer. So as I mentioned before my husbands passport was requested back in the beginning of April and we still have not received it. We called and emailed (thanks for the advice Monzb) but they have not responded with anything. I finally decided to go to the MP next week. Is it really worth going to the MP?? Do they have any authority or are they only authorized to as much information as I am? Will contacting them affect the app?
Hey misscoco16,

It's better to email or call into their office (which ever one you decide to go with mention your kids and let them know they are being affected by this). When I email Adam Vaughan, his office got back to me immediately and they then email me some consent forms which I filled out and resubmit to them same day...And by 4 p.m. that day I got an answer back from Adam Vaughan Office with an update.

I don't think this affects the application because I contacted them ending Feb and they requested his passport in May because they were still waiting for the police report which took us 6 months to received.

Last edited:

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
This was the email I sent to the MP office
Dear Mr. Vaughan,

I immigrated to Canada, December 2007 as an international student and went through all the right process in obtaining my Permanent Residence of Canada and I am now a Canadian Citizen.

The reason I am sending you this e-mail is basically asking you to take the time to look into my husband's immigration file. You see my husband is currently a XXX in Guyana, South America. We've know each other for about 8 years now and recently got married. I must say that it is quite expensive to travel back and forth from Guyana to Canada just for a week here and there to see my husband.

I am hoping your office can assist me in terms of getting his immigration process moving a little faster.

Looking forward for your kind response.

Adam Vaughan MP office replied same day :

Thank you very much for contacting the Office of Adam Vaughan. I would be happy to discuss this with you further. What is the best number I can reach you at?

After my telephone conversation that day they e-mail saying:

Please find attached two consent forms to be completed in full, signed, dated and returned to our office. They can either be scanned and emailed back to me at this email address, or faxed to 416-533-2236, ATTN: XXX . Please also include a copy of a government piece of photo I.D. with your signature. Once I receive everything I will contact IRCC.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Then by 4:00 p.m I received a call back from Mr. Vaughan office with an update..

I hope this helps you.

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
This was the email I sent to the MP office
Dear Mr. Vaughan,

I immigrated to Canada, December 2007 as an international student and went through all the right process in obtaining my Permanent Residence of Canada and I am now a Canadian Citizen.

The reason I am sending you this e-mail is basically asking you to take the time to look into my husband's immigration file. You see my husband is currently a XXX in Guyana, South America. We've know each other for about 8 years now and recently got married. I must say that it is quite expensive to travel back and forth from Guyana to Canada just for a week here and there to see my husband.

I am hoping your office can assist me in terms of getting his immigration process moving a little faster.

Looking forward for your kind response.

Adam Vaughan MP office replied same day :

Thank you very much for contacting the Office of Adam Vaughan. I would be happy to discuss this with you further. What is the best number I can reach you at?

After my telephone conversation that day they e-mail saying:

Please find attached two consent forms to be completed in full, signed, dated and returned to our office. They can either be scanned and emailed back to me at this email address, or faxed to 416-533-2236, ATTN: XXX . Please also include a copy of a government piece of photo I.D. with your signature. Once I receive everything I will contact IRCC.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Then by 4:00 p.m I received a call back from Mr. Vaughan office with an update..

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the advice its really appreciated. So I got in contact with my MP's office..they called me back and I explained the situation and they asked to have a meeting with me. I truly hope they can help..I know that I am still within the time frame for POS and everything went really fast for us so I'm not complaining and I don't mean to sound impatient. Its just that we don't see why we have to wait for a passport for so long unless there is something wrong and if there is we should at least be notified. If any good comes from this meeting i will update

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Thanks for the advice its really appreciated. So I got in contact with my MP's office..they called me back and I explained the situation and they asked to have a meeting with me. I truly hope they can help..I know that I am still within the time frame for POS and everything went really fast for us so I'm not complaining and I don't mean to sound impatient. Its just that we don't see why we have to wait for a passport for so long unless there is something wrong and if there is we should at least be notified. If any good comes from this meeting i will update
You're not being impatient...They should be holding onto a passport for so long. Usually, when a passport if requested you expect it back within a month...suppose your husband current job requires to travel, then what.

You are doing the right thing by going in and in your case it is different since kids are involve...timeline or no timeline. They have the passport and it odd that they didn't reply to your recent request for an update.

It doesn't do any harm if the MP contact their office. Immigration counsels also contact the MP offices on behalf of their clients as well. Not to worry. I hope they call when you go in and also write a letter requesting them to speed things up for you...

All the best...My prayers are with you and the kids

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Thank you very much .

Hi Jaime C, here is my timeline for TT VO.

Visa Office: Mississuaga/Port of Spain
App. Filed -21-10-2016
AOR Received.: AOR1-14-11-2016
File Transfer...: 21-11-2016

Med's Done....:2016/05/27

Request for updated medical, Police Certificate and Passport Request- May 26, 2017

Updated Medical completed June 12, 2017
VISA ISSUED...Not Started
LANDED Waiting

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
I got PPR you guys!!!

I sent an email to Port of Spain office this morning and then got an email that there is a message in MYCIC with subject "Eligibility Passed" and when I opened it was PPR!

Thank you for all your help and I will still be here!!

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hi MonzB ,
Thanks for your reply. I did in fact send an email, but while waiting for a response, thought I should get an idea of how long they generally take with the passports. Hoping it works out for me and I can either submit the passport now and have it back in time OR get an extension. Have a tight schedule for the next 2 months. Glad to hear that you were able to get an extension -gives me hope :)

Write a letter to them notifying them of same. Here is a draft. I sent something along this line and got an additional 30 days extension.

All the best.

Dear Officer,

Please note that I received a request for my passport, which needs to be provide to your office within 30 days.

I currently have travel plans which was already booked for XXX date to XXX date, for which I would need my passport to travel.

Would your office kindly grant me an extension until I return from this trip.

Looking forward your kind and prompt response with regards to this.
Write a letter to them notifying them of same. Here is a draft. I sent something along this line and got an additional 30 days extension.

All the best.

Dear Officer,

Please note that I received a request for my passport, which needs to be provide to your office within 30 days.

I currently have travel plans which was already booked for XXX date to XXX date, for which I would need my passport to travel.

Would your office kindly grant me an extension until I return from this trip.

Looking forward your kind and prompt response with regards to this.

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Congrats jamaicangirl88!
Happy to hear! Hope that it's a fast process and you get back the passport soon! Did you also apply through the skilled workers class?

I got PPR you guys!!!

I sent an email to Port of Spain office this morning and then got an email that there is a message in MYCIC with subject "Eligibility Passed" and when I opened it was PPR!

Thank you for all your help and I will still be here!!

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Congrats jamaicangirl88!
Happy to hear! Hope that it's a fast process and you get back the passport soon! Did you also apply through the skilled workers class?
I applied under PNP Outland....;)

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hi MonzB ,
Thanks for your reply. I did in fact send an email, but while waiting for a response, thought I should get an idea of how long they generally take with the passports. Hoping it works out for me and I can either submit the passport now and have it back in time OR get an extension. Have a tight schedule for the next 2 months. Glad to hear that you were able to get an extension -gives me hope :)
I actually got an e-mail the very next day, send a follow up response, dont forget to put your File Number and UCI number.

all the best!

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hey guys!
I also have another concern. I did not expect to get PPR this soon and had previously made travel plans for August, coincidentally with transit both ways through Toronto. I am not yet prepared for "landing" and furthermore cannot do it this time around, since my PR card would never be ready in time for me to enter Canada on my return journey. What I wanted to know is if they would cancel my TRV/visitor's visa once issuing the Immigrant visa when I submit my passport. I believe that entering the country as a visitor would help me get away from the complication. And perhaps I could complete my Landing at a later date. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Just an update guys!

So I sent off my passport today using FedEx - I went to DHL first, but they don't facilitate the Prepaid Airway Bill...

I was hoping I could get everything done and sent off when I visited FedEx this morning, but to my surprise, in order to do the prepaid airway bill - I had to create a FedEx Account online (this can only be done using a desktop or laptop computer - not phone).

I had to put the "from" address as POS address and the "to" address as my address.
When I was done putting in all the details I got a printabe airway bill to include in the FedEx Envelope.

FedEx came to my workplace in the evening and collected the passports, pics and the airwaybill and I was able to put my FedEx account number on the form (instead of swiping my card) as the account is already linked to my credit card....

Hope this can help someone;)

Now I wait for visa.....:D

Last edited: