Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
it has been approximately 5 months. So, I filed my app Oct 21 2016 and Feb 2017 which is three months later, I contacted my MP office and asked them to call in for an update. CIC advised them on when my medical was going to expire to the document they are waiting for and when they are expected to start the eligibility review which was very helpful. because every time i tried emailing them they would say your file is currently being review and they will contact my husband on the next step.

Hope this helps.
Hi MonzB, thanks for sharing your experience.

I hope since my app is via Express Entry it won't take that long......

What category did your husband apply under? Was it an online application or paper file?

Last edited:

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
Have you heard anything back since??
Haven't heard anything since :(. They did call us though..my husband was at work and missed the call. The person didn't leave a message. When we called back literally 3 mins later the lady said she can't track who called. *sigh*

I did email them though. They are probably sick of my emails by now lol

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017

What category did your husband apply under? Was it an online application or paper file?
It's under spousal. We submitted it via paper file.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Haven't heard anything since :(. They did call us though..my husband was at work and missed the call. The person didn't leave a message. When we called back literally 3 mins later the lady said she can't track who called. *sigh*

I did email them though. They are probably sick of my emails by now lol
That is quite peculiar that they would call and not make a note on the file...LOL they are not sick of your e-mail. Trust me, I send them as many. And, had I been in your situation i will send them my children picture everyday just to remind them to speed things up. Are you down in TT? Maybe check to see if the tried returning the Passport with the issued visa.

misscoco16

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Nov.28.2016
Doc's Request.
21-03-17
AOR Received.
Dec.06.2016
File Transfer...
Dec.13.2016
Med's Done....
PASSED Dec 11.2016
Passport Req..
21-03-17
That is quite peculiar that they would call and not make a note on the file...LOL they are not sick of your e-mail. Trust me, I send them as many. And, had I been in your situation i will send them my children picture everyday just to remind them to speed things up. Are you down in TT? Maybe check to see if the tried returning the Passport with the issued visa.

I don't know what else do to at this point. I still have the tracking from the return envelope we sent in. I left TT already. The Goodbyes never get any easier.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
I don't know what else do to at this point. I still have the tracking from the return envelope we sent in. I left TT already. The Goodbyes never get any easier.
https://lop.parl.ca/ParlInfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Your best bet is to either contact your MP by email or phone and plead with them to call in and get an update. Explain your situation to them and the negative impact this is having on your kids.

Dear Mr. XXX,

I immigrated to Canada, XXX as a Permanent Residence and became a Canadian Citizen on XXX (reword if situation is different).

The reason I am sending you this e-mail is asking you to kindly take the time to look into my husband's immigration file. You see my husband is currently living in Trinidad and Tobago. And we have XX number of children together, age XX and XX.. I must say that it is quite expensive to travel back and forth from Canada to Trinidad with the kids to see my husband, their father. This is taking cause undue stress on my family financially and mentally.

I am hoping your office can assist me in terms of getting his immigration process moving a little faster.

Looking forward for your kind and favourable response.'

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hey all,

Just wanted to get some advice from u guys. POS emailed my husband saying that the passport pictures that were taken and sent with the passport was wrong. Now I'm just wondering if my husband can retake the pictures and go directly to POS from St.vincent to hand it in and wait for him passport then?

He sent the original through FedEx with a return envelope, however it took 4 business days to actually reach to POS. So if he sent just the picture alone, it would take another 4 business days?

If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hey all,

Just wanted to get some advice from u guys. POS emailed my husband saying that the passport pictures that were taken and sent with the passport was wrong. Now I'm just wondering if my husband can retake the pictures and go directly to POS from St.vincent to hand it in and wait for him passport then?

He sent the original through FedEx with a return envelope, however it took 4 business days to actually reach to POS. So if he sent just the picture alone, it would take another 4 business days?

If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.
You can e-mail them asking them this directly...However, I doubt that they would want him to drop off the pictures directly. Some people submitted their passport over a month now with no response. They may still be reviewing documents. Your best best it to redo the pictures and Fedex or email them directly asking them is this is smart thing to do.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp

have your husband print the page with the photo specification and provide it to the people taking the picture so that they follow the instruction...

Good Luck!!! Keep us posted with what ends up happening...

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Okay thanks MonzB!

You can e-mail them asking them this directly...However, I doubt that they would want him to drop off the pictures directly. Some people submitted their passport over a month now with no response. They may still be reviewing documents. Your best best it to redo the pictures and Fedex or email them directly asking them is this is smart thing to do.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp

have your husband print the page with the photo specification and provide it to the people taking the picture so that they follow the instruction...

Good Luck!!! Keep us posted with what ends up happening...

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing well. Can any recent successes share you're timeline for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from the Trinida VO. I'm curious to know the timeline. Thanks much !

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing well. Can any recent successes share you're timeline for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from the Trinida VO. I'm curious to know the timeline. Thanks much !
Hi Jaime C, here is my timeline for TT VO.

Visa Office: Mississuaga/Port of Spain
App. Filed -21-10-2016
AOR Received.: AOR1-14-11-2016
File Transfer...: 21-11-2016

Med's Done....:2016/05/27

Request for updated medical, Police Certificate and Passport Request- May 26, 2017

Updated Medical completed June 12, 2017
VISA ISSUED...Not Started
LANDED Waiting

Reactions: Jaime C

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hello everyone,
New member here! I have applied through Express Entry in the skilled workers class -online application. This Tuesday, I got an email requesting my passport within 30 days. However , I have important upcoming travel plans which require a visa process, followed by three weeks of travel itself. This extends far beyond the 30 day deadline. Can anyone tell me how long they typically keep the passport OR if you can get an extension on this deadline? Thanks for your help:)

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hey jamaicangirl88, any updates on your situation? Have you gotten the PPR as your were expecting? And if so, how long did POS take with ur passport?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hello everyone,
New member here! I have applied through Express Entry in the skilled workers class -online application. This Tuesday, I got an email requesting my passport within 30 days. However , I have important upcoming travel plans which require a visa process, followed by three weeks of travel itself. This extends far beyond the 30 day deadline. Can anyone tell me how long they typically keep the passport OR if you can get an extension on this deadline? Thanks for your help:)
Write a letter to them notifying them of same. Here is a draft. I sent something along this line and got an additional 30 days extension.

All the best.

Dear Officer,

Please note that I received a request for my passport, which needs to be provide to your office within 30 days.

I currently have travel plans which was already booked for XXX date to XXX date, for which I would need my passport to travel.

Would your office kindly grant me an extension until I return from this trip.

Looking forward your kind and prompt response with regards to this.