MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Hi Forum family, its me Mrs. Millslu
@GiGi....I am overwhelmed with emotion right now. I have been thinking about you for the past few weeks waiting and wondering about the decision. We have been tirelessly waiting on POS, and now that one of us has finally heard from them, it turns out to be something like this. We have all spent hundreds and thousands of dollars just to be with our loved ones, and I say love conquers all.
It's a lot of money, but I would appeal the decision, I don't know where money would come from but I would just close my eyes and use my line of credit to appeal it.
The only thing is, I don't like your lawyer, from the beginning, he sounded like he had no respect for your feelings and the anxiety this process brings.He didn't seem to know the basic things like, POS was one of the embassy's that was not on strike and even when you told him, he was still acting like an idiot.
Maybe our other forum members can weigh in, I think I would seek another counsel, or better yet, if you can appeal this on your own, I would and screw (pardon my French) the lawyer, they're so freakin teef! and never supportive.
Listen, you need to seek some advice about this. You need to research the appeal process. I'm sure there's a thread about appeals on this forum. Don't ever be left to feel that your in a desperate situation because its when your vulnerable that people take advantage and you don't see things clearly.
We are here for you gigi, please use us to ask questions, you alone cannot go through this by yourself, im so truly sorry, *tears*
Sending you my love and prayers

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
gigi_411 said:
Hello everyone, i know its been a while, and we have some new comers too. I havent had a chance to read everything throughly, but i just wanted to share whats been going on with me.
The lawyer received our letter and they rejected our application!!!!!
I cant even eat. I lost breathe. Who the f**k are they to tell me that my marriage is not legit.
The stupidest reason ever. Basically they believe he has too many ties to Canada, because his family lives here and because of that they think he is using me. I am destroyed defeated and confused. It dosent make sense nothing makes sense right now
My lawyer wants to charge me $2000 to appeal and i know hes charging me that because he knows how desperate i am.
Like HOW can they say no to me, im married to him, i made a commitment to him, what do they expect from me to divorce him? like that makes no sense. i went to St vincent 4 times in the past year, twice for a month. My phone bills alone could have bought me another car. it has to be a mistake, something happened nothing makes sense.

All i say to you that are waiting, just be glad they didnt refuse you. cause to go through this now. i dont wish it on anyone. i feel defeated.
Hi All, I usually lurk on your forum but Gigi I just had to comment.

I felt upset; angry but most of all my heart broke for you and your husband.

I pray that you do find the money to help in your appeal, but I hope you change this lawyer. There is an appeal thread and I read it from time to time. I have seen success stories on cases that to me don't appear as genuine as yours; so I implore you to seek advise from them as soon as possible. As I hear you should appeal within 30 days of a decline.

Also the hearing date takes long to be assigned so timimg is crucial.

Here is the link to the appeal thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html

Again dear; sorry about this and order your notes too, so you have information to help with your appeal. Praying for you and be strong. :-*

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
gigi_411 said:
Hello everyone, i know its been a while, and we have some new comers too. I havent had a chance to read everything throughly, but i just wanted to share whats been going on with me.
I cant even eat. I lost breathe. Who the f**k are they to tell me that my marriage is not legit.
The stupidest reason ever. Basically they believe he has too many ties to Canada, because his family lives here and because of that they think he is using me. I am destroyed defeated and confused. It dosent make sense nothing makes sense right now
My lawyer wants to charge me $2000 to appeal and i know hes charging me that because he knows how desperate i am.
Like HOW can they say no to me, im married to him, i made a commitment to him, what do they expect from me to divorce him? like that makes no sense. i went to St vincent 4 times in the past year, twice for a month. My phone bills alone could have bought me another car. it has to be a mistake, something happened nothing makes sense.

All i say to you that are waiting, just be glad they didnt refuse you. cause to go through this now. i dont wish it on anyone. i feel defeated.
Oh gigi, I am so, so sorry to hear about your news :'(, and how devastating this must feel to you and your husband. I agree with the recommendation that you change your lawyer to do the appeal however. There are some good lawyers out there with appeal experience and I have read that over 70% of refusals do get overturned at the appeal stage, in other words, the spouse/partner is granted a PR visa.

Please do some consultations (these should be free) with at least 3 lawyers first and read about some of the experiences on the appeal thread. You are the customer and you need to be provided good service and support. Especially during such an emotionally charged situation as this one. You may have lost a battle but you have most definitely not lost the war. So as soon as you can - take a deep breath and shake off this temporary setback, brace yourself to go back, encouraged and determined to own the final victory. Claim your victory in the name of our Lord (and with a better lawyer ;)). Praying for your strength right now. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A prayer for Marriage Strength, Healing, and Restoration during difficult times...

Dear Heavenly Father,

I humbly come before you and thank you for saving us from distress when we call out in trouble and thank you for being there for us when things are good (and not good) in our lives. We love you Dear God we seek and require You earnestly. Thank You Lord, for your kindness, tolerance, and patience with us when we fall into sin, and thank you for sending Christ to die for our sins and redeem us by the cross.

I come before you Lord to petition you in Prayer and ask your blessing on me and my (Wife/Husband) to come together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, faithfulness, honesty, respect and most of all love.

Lord, You have made us one in flesh and spirit and You are a witness to our marriage covenant. I believe that the Holy Spirit will come upon my (Wife/Husband) so that (She/He) never forget your teachings and that (She/He) keeps your commands in (her/his) heart. I believe that the Holy Spirit is working in our marriage, that my (Wife/Husband) will not be deceived by the persuasive words of anyone who would lead him astray or attempt to seduce (her/him).

I give You praise and honor, Lord, and I thank you that no weapon formed against our marriage has prospered and I believe that You Lord will silence anyone who is attempting to come between us, telling my spouse that reconciliation is wrong. With the spiritual authority given to me in Jesus name, I rebuke anyone who would attempt to put a wedge between myself and my spouse- through ungodly advice, use of banned spiritual arts as mentioned in the bible for direction, or through false teachings or words.

Lord, I believe the Holy Spirit is working in my spouses life right now, ministering to (Her/His) heart, and I believe the Holy Spirit will righteously convict and correct my spouses thoughts, words and actions and place in (Her/His) heart the burning desire to rebuild our marriage because (She/He) knows life is better with me and the grass is NOT greener in other pastures as the deception of the world leads us to believe. I petition you dear Lord, that (Name of Husband or Wife) would humbly accept Your conviction and correction and seek your direction.

Lord, I ask You to convict and deal with any unconfused sin in (Her/His) life. Enable us to deal with any sin that would be hindering our marriage. Lord, I believe it is in your Will that we are reconciled back to each other despite anything we've done to each other in the past and I forgive my (Wife/Husband) for any wrongs I feel (She/He) has done as I pray that (She/He) forgives me. 

God, Your words are trustworthy and you have promised these things to me though your words given throughout the ages through the prophets, disciples and Jesus. You have promised that You will build a home for me and that it pleases You to bless my marriage. I praise and thank You Lord, for keeping the promise you have made concerning me, my (Wife/Husband) and our home.

Lord I believe you will guard the fidelity of our marriage in this time, and will keep (her/his) eyes blinded to temptations of our Human nature or the influence of the Devil. In the name of Jesus, I pray that You would bind the work of Satan from this marriage and cast that influence away.

Lord, I believe that my (Wife/Husband) will acknowledge you and listen to your still soft voice in their head and heart. I believe if (She/He)tries to push away from Your wisdom and attempt to reject your words, your words on marriage will be exposed to (Her/Him) through TV, Magazine, Books, and your messages will grow louder and louder to correct (Name of Husband or Wife) into your Will for our marriage.

Lord, I believe You will be here with me to assist me in staying strong and courageous throughout all the trials, struggles and issues , and I praise you for not allowing me to be afraid or feeling discouraged if things don't seem to be progressing in my time. Your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work, and I believe all good things will be done on Earth and in Heaven in Your time, such as the restoration of my marriage. I refuse to be discouraged, I refuse to be defeated. You are the God of all hope and I claim in every way this victory in my marriage though your Word.

And I praise You that everything we have been through has not quenched (her/his) love for me
 and our love for each other. I pray we will live together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, and that we inherit Your blessings.

Father, I plead that we will speak the truth to one another in love. Cause us to honestly share our feelings without being arrogant or spiteful. Replace those feelings, Holy Spirit, with love and honesty and enable us to work through our differences.

Jesus, I plead that we/they will put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander, along with every form of malice. In the place of this, I pray that we/they would be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other. Father, I pray that You would rekindle passion and desire between myself and (Name of your Husband or Wife here), and heal any emotional wounds we may have caused one another.

It is Your Will that marriages to be for a lifetime and therefore go has joined together, let no man separate. I ask that this petition of prayer be read aloud, before all the angels of Heaven, before Jesus, the Holy Spirit and You my God. And I believe you will move to save and strengthen our marriage and I ask in the name of Jesus that You will do whatever it takes to protect and defend this marriage and place a hedge of protection over our home. In Your Mighty Holy Name oh God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit- Amen.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
A prayer for Marriage Strength, Healing, and Restoration during difficult times...

Dear Heavenly Father,

I humbly come before you and thank you for saving us from distress when we call out in trouble and thank you for being there for us when things are good (and not good) in our lives. We love you Dear God we seek and require You earnestly. Thank You Lord, for your kindness, tolerance, and patience with us when we fall into sin, and thank you for sending Christ to die for our sins and redeem us by the cross.

I come before you Lord to petition you in Prayer and ask your blessing on me and my (Wife/Husband) to come together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, faithfulness, honesty, respect and most of all love.

Lord, You have made us one in flesh and spirit and You are a witness to our marriage covenant. I believe that the Holy Spirit will come upon my (Wife/Husband) so that (She/He) never forget your teachings and that (She/He) keeps your commands in (her/his) heart. I believe that the Holy Spirit is working in our marriage, that my (Wife/Husband) will not be deceived by the persuasive words of anyone who would lead him astray or attempt to seduce (her/him).

I give You praise and honor, Lord, and I thank you that no weapon formed against our marriage has prospered and I believe that You Lord will silence anyone who is attempting to come between us, telling my spouse that reconciliation is wrong. With the spiritual authority given to me in Jesus name, I rebuke anyone who would attempt to put a wedge between myself and my spouse- through ungodly advice, use of banned spiritual arts as mentioned in the bible for direction, or through false teachings or words.

Lord, I believe the Holy Spirit is working in my spouses life right now, ministering to (Her/His) heart, and I believe the Holy Spirit will righteously convict and correct my spouses thoughts, words and actions and place in (Her/His) heart the burning desire to rebuild our marriage because (She/He) knows life is better with me and the grass is NOT greener in other pastures as the deception of the world leads us to believe. I petition you dear Lord, that (Name of Husband or Wife) would humbly accept Your conviction and correction and seek your direction.

Lord, I ask You to convict and deal with any unconfused sin in (Her/His) life. Enable us to deal with any sin that would be hindering our marriage. Lord, I believe it is in your Will that we are reconciled back to each other despite anything we've done to each other in the past and I forgive my (Wife/Husband) for any wrongs I feel (She/He) has done as I pray that (She/He) forgives me. 

God, Your words are trustworthy and you have promised these things to me though your words given throughout the ages through the profits, disciples and Jesus. You have promised that You will build a home for me and that it pleases You to bless my marriage. I praise and thank You Lord, for keeping the promise you have made concerning me, my (Wife/Husband) and our home.

Lord I believe you will guard the fidelity of our marriage in this time, and will keep (her/his) eyes blinded to temptations of our Human nature or the influence of the Devil. In the name of Jesus, I pray that You would bind the work of Satan from this marriage and cast that influence away.

Lord, I believe that my (Wife/Husband) will acknowledge you and listen to your still soft voice in their head and heart. I believe if (She/He)tries to push away from Your wisdom and attempt to reject your words, your words on marriage will be exposed to (Her/Him) through TV, Magazine, Books, and your messages will grow louder and louder to correct (Name of Husband or Wife) into your Will for our marriage.

Lord, I believe You will be here with me to assist me in staying strong and courageous throughout all the trials, struggles and issues , and I praise you for not allowing me to be afraid or feeling discouraged if things don't seem to be progressing in my time. Your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work, and I believe all good things will be done on Earth and in Heaven in Your time, such as the restoration of my marriage. I refuse to be discouraged, I refuse to be defeated. You are the God of all hope and I claim in every way this victory in my marriage though your Word.

And I praise You that everything we have been through has not quenched (her/his) love for me
 and our love for each other. I pray we will live together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, and that we inherit Your blessings.

Father, I plead that we will speak the truth to one another in love. Cause us to honestly share our feelings without being arrogant or spiteful. Replace those feelings, Holy Spirit, with love and honesty and enable us to work through our differences.

Jesus, I plead that we/they will put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander, along with every form of malice. In the place of this, I pray that we/they would be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other. Father, I pray that You would rekindle passion and desire between myself and (Name of your Husband or Wife here), and heal any emotional wounds we may have caused one another.

It is Your Will that marriages to be for a lifetime and therefore go has joined together, let no man separate. I ask that this petition of prayer be read aloud, before all the angels of Heaven, before Jesus, the Holy Spirit and You my God. And I believe you will move to save and strengthen our marriage and I ask in the name of Jesus that You will do whatever it takes to protect and defend this marriage and place a hedge of protection over our home. In Your Mighty Holy Name oh God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit- Amen.
amen to that :D :D :D

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
gigi_411 said:

Wow... that's always the one thing we don't ever hope to hear on the forum. It's everyone's biggest nightmare come true. I can't say that I know what you're feeling, but I do feel for you and your husband. The appeal process can be grueling but as others have said, there is reason to be hopeful. I also agree that you should change lawyers. The $2000 fee actually sounds reasonable for good representation, but the guy you've got now sounds like kind of a douche and you deserve someone who will be 100% on your side, fighting and advocating for you through this process. I definitely encourage you to gain whatever wisdom you can from the appeal thread, but please do keep in touch with us as well. You might also want to read up on all the previous appeal cases on canlii.org to help prepare. Blessings and best wishes through it all.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
gigi_411 said:

My girl, I am not from this forum, I am on the Kingston thread but we are still friendly forums either way, but I wanted to come tell you that I am sorry to hear about your negative decision but like someone else said, you may have lost the 1st part, but don't give up....appeal it for all it is worth.....but I agree with others when they say to get a different lawyer. Many lawyers will give you a free consultation, use that free time to find someone that is truly helpful to you. I feel soooo bad for you, am crying with you, that is sooo sad that someone can just decide that two people can't be together just because they have the power to say so but it always in the back of everyones minds in these forums because it can happen to any of us! May God be with you and blessings to you and hubby to guide you through the rest of this process!

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
gigi_411 said:

Im so sorry about the negative decision, im new to the process but I wouldn't give up although you feel defeated I know there's something left in you to prove the officers wrong. You have my blessings to guide you and hubby through the appeal process.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi everyone, I posted this on the main threads already; however, want to draw your attention to it on our thread as well. Let's make our voices collectively heard by CIC.

Hello forum members/intending immigrants and people who are readers of the discussions only, for those of you that may not already be aware, CIC is conducting a public online consultation/survey asking for opinions to shape the direction of immigration over the next 4-8 years.

If you want your opinion and voice to be heard please take about 20 minutes to complete this action. Please read the questions carefully. Click on the link below and scroll down a bit to the link on the page that will take you to the survey. You can only complete the survey once and it is open to Canadian citizens, PRs and intending immigrants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/levels/2014/index.asp

The deadline is August 31, 2013.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
gigi_411 said:

Hey there sis....im so sorry that immigration rejected your application...I know it very hard for this to happen to anyone but dont give up in what you are doing to get your husband to you in canada. we are all behind you in anything you and we will sure be here for you sis

Trini100

Nov 24, 2012
First of all gigi im vey sorry for you and ur husband please know my wife and i are praying for you!

Now for some good news to the forum. Cic called my wife's home in trini this morning as you know my wife is currently here with me in canada. So we called them back and they said our application for sponsorship was approved!!!!!! :D and that we just need to get police certificate and passport pics but it has to be done within 60 days from today. We booked a ticket back for next month. ;D

Big Thank you to everyone in here all the posts that helped me get my application ready and for answering all my questions some I did not even have to ask because it was already asked!!
All the future applicants and those waiting patiently don't give up ppl in pos office are working on ur cases!! God is good!!
Many thanks me and the wife are finally relived that this is almost over!! Will keep u guys posted

Anyone know how long pos takes when they get ur passport ???

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Trini100 said:
First of all gigi im vey sorry for you and ur husband please know my wife and i are praying for you!

Now for some good news to the forum. Cic called my wife's home in trini this morning as you know my wife is currently here with me in canada. So we called them back and they said our application for sponsorship was approved!!!!!! :D and that we just need to get police certificate and passport pics but it has to be done within 60 days from today. We booked a ticket back for next month. ;D

Big Thank you to everyone in here all the posts that helped me get my application ready and for answering all my questions some I did not even have to ask because it was already asked!!
All the future applicants and those waiting patiently don't give up ppl in pos office are working on ur cases!! God is good!!
Many thanks me and the wife are finally relived that this is almost over!! Will keep u guys posted

Congrats to you Trini100!! That is awesome news. Your journey is indeed over!
I believe it can take anywhere to 2 weeks to a month to get passport back.

gigi_411

Jun 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
WOW I am really surprised to see everyone support and concern. I really really really appreciate it all. Friends and family just don't get it. Unless your walking in the shoes its hard to understand but its easy for people to judge. You have no idea how much it has touched me and made me feel a bit better. Thank you everyone!

When my lawyer called to tell me that they refused the application I couldn't even think straight. I already gave him money to start the ARC because I was so confident our answer would be positive. So he asked me on the spot if I wanted to appeal and of course I said yes immediately. So he put in the letter right away and sent it out the same day. (The only reason he probably did it was cause he already had money from me.) He said he is the best at appeals and that is what he is good at. Like if you did the proper thing the first time it shouldn't have ever got to the point of an appeal!
Basically right now, he's hounding me to pay him the rest, so I owe him cause I told him to go ahead with it. And to change representation now will probably be more of a hassle for me. And I don't like to offend anyone, I believe in Karma. And if I offend him he might do something to make it harder for me. Although I know my future is on the line I am confident he will do a good job on this appeal. I just feel that he should take some responsibility in the application being refused and not charge me so much, I am being taken advantage of. So I am meeting with him tomorrow, where I am hoping he will be patient with me and explain this whole appeal process. Cause I have heard it can take up to a year. And I don't know if I have anymore fight in me. I love him to death. But we have been separate for 2 years now and adding another year is major stress on the relationship. What if they don't accept the appeal. I just don't know if I could deal with that. Anyway just a little vent.

Thank you again everyone!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Trini100 said:

Woohoo!!!! The dry spell is broken!!!!! Congrats to you two!

Im surpised they called instead of emailing or sending snail mail... they often dont call as much as other offices.

About 2 weeks for passport. Give or take!

Enjoy!!!!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
gigi_411 said:
WOW I am really surprised to see everyone support and concern. I really really really appreciate it all. Friends and family just don't get it. Unless your walking in the shoes its hard to understand but its easy for people to judge. You have no idea how much it has touched me and made me feel a bit better. Thank you everyone!

When my lawyer called to tell me that they refused the application I couldn't even think straight. I already gave him money to start the ARC because I was so confident our answer would be positive. So he asked me on the spot if I wanted to appeal and of course I said yes immediately. So he put in the letter right away and sent it out the same day. (The only reason he probably did it was cause he already had money from me.) He said he is the best at appeals and that is what he is good at. Like if you did the proper thing the first time it shouldn't have ever got to the point of an appeal!
Basically right now, he's hounding me to pay him the rest, so I owe him cause I told him to go ahead with it. And to change representation now will probably be more of a hassle for me. And I don't like to offend anyone, I believe in Karma. And if I offend him he might do something to make it harder for me. Although I know my future is on the line I am confident he will do a good job on this appeal. I just feel that he should take some responsibility in the application being refused and not charge me so much, I am being taken advantage of. So I am meeting with him tomorrow, where I am hoping he will be patient with me and explain this whole appeal process. Cause I have heard it can take up to a year. And I don't know if I have anymore fight in me. I love him to death. But we have been separate for 2 years now and adding another year is major stress on the relationship. What if they don't accept the appeal. I just don't know if I could deal with that. Anyway just a little vent.

Thank you again everyone!

Gigi I am sorry to hear about what happened to your application there are a lot of pricks out there I must say. My hubby hired a lawyer and I must say he is totally useless. I have done all the work to support our marriage I am from the Kingston thread but do check into the port of spain thread here and there. I wish you all the best from here on and that you build enough strength to go on with this appeal you and hubby will be together. It might take a few months but girl trust me fight for your hubby. Right now will be a stressful and emotional time but you will make it through. Keep us posted and were here for you for support.