Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Trini100 said:
First of all gigi im vey sorry for you and ur husband please know my wife and i are praying for you!

Now for some good news to the forum. Cic called my wife's home in trini this morning as you know my wife is currently here with me in canada. So we called them back and they said our application for sponsorship was approved!!!!!! :D and that we just need to get police certificate and passport pics but it has to be done within 60 days from today. We booked a ticket back for next month. ;D

Big Thank you to everyone in here all the posts that helped me get my application ready and for answering all my questions some I did not even have to ask because it was already asked!!
All the future applicants and those waiting patiently don't give up ppl in pos office are working on ur cases!! God is good!!
Many thanks me and the wife are finally relived that this is almost over!! Will keep u guys posted

Anyone know how long pos takes when they get ur passport ???
Congrats! Awesome way to start the weekend! They're supposed to return your passport after 2 weeks, but yeah...sometimes they just hold on to it for no reason. If two weeks have gone by, start sending CSEs to get it back.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Trini100 said:
First of all gigi im vey sorry for you and ur husband please know my wife and i are praying for you!

Now for some good news to the forum. Cic called my wife's home in trini this morning as you know my wife is currently here with me in canada. So we called them back and they said our application for sponsorship was approved!!!!!! :D and that we just need to get police certificate and passport pics but it has to be done within 60 days from today. We booked a ticket back for next month. ;D

Big Thank you to everyone in here all the posts that helped me get my application ready and for answering all my questions some I did not even have to ask because it was already asked!!
All the future applicants and those waiting patiently don't give up ppl in pos office are working on ur cases!! God is good!!
Many thanks me and the wife are finally relived that this is almost over!! Will keep u guys posted

Anyone know how long pos takes when they get ur passport ???
that is some very good news trini......your end is so near now....congrats because POS thread really need some very good new to boast up there spirit...... im very happy for you

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hi everyone, things are a bit too quiet on this thread, almost 3 days now.......are we all immigration fatigued? We need to make a bit of noise together ;)!

Trini100, glad to hear the news about your application approval, CONGRATULATIONS ;D. It must be so nice to have that big sigh of relief and know that CIC is not going to be a monkey on your back any longer.

All you lurkers, I am sending out big hugs and prayers for courage and strength to stay the course. Blessings.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
CdnandTrini said:
All you lurkers, I am sending out big hugs and prayers for courage and strength to stay the course. Blessings.
Needed that! I've been so depressed and angry the last few days. I was super happy to see someone on the forum get good news.. but it stings that it feels like some of us keep getting "skipped over" like our feelings don't matter.. I miss my hubby just as much as anyone else misses their husband or wife or kid.. and yet I'm going on 13 months.

I'm extremely angry and resentful of POS in general. And this whole process. I get angry and I have nowhere to vent. So I cry.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014

Sorry.. got cut-off.. needed to actually DO work at work.. imagine.

Anyway, so I've been pretty in the dumps lately. Luckily I have a few friends here that I can chat to privately to keep me off the ledge. But seriously, this is the hardest few days I've had in a long time.

I've been avoiding the forum because I feel like I get sadder as the days go on and nothing happens for us. And as happy as I am for others' success, it hurts me that we are getting the same great news.

So I'm here.. just quiet.. and trying to hang on.

xo

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
MissDominica said:

Sorry.. got cut-off.. needed to actually DO work at work.. imagine.

Anyway, so I've been pretty in the dumps lately. Luckily I have a few friends here that I can chat to privately to keep me off the ledge. But seriously, this is the hardest few days I've had in a long time.

I've been avoiding the forum because I feel like I get sadder as the days go on and nothing happens for us. And as happy as I am for others' success, it hurts me that we are getting the same great news.

So I'm here.. just quiet.. and trying to hang on.

xo
Hi Miss D. lol....at your first comment about work. The nerve of employers :p!

We all hear and totally understand your feelings. When I have that mood come over me I like to call it "angrybitterhostilefrustratedragingimmigrationhatecrying". Yup, that's my special word. My husband actually shudders when I start any sentence with, "guess what I read on the forum today"? :D Poor guy.....or often we will be talking in the early evening (he is an early bird and I am a night owl) to say our good nights and he will say to me: DO NOT GO ON YOUR COMPUTER TONIGHT!! When I am feeling very blue about immigration, I actually listen to him ;). When I am mad at him for not raging with me, of course I do not listen to him and read and post more!!

Totally normal and understandable so vent away, this is the time we most need to come together and cheer each other on. So.....we all know that from September to December everyone on holiday is back at work and it is the beginning of the 3rd quarter fiscal year for VOs/CIC to ramp back up and start increasing activities to ensure results can be shown by the last quarter/end of the FY in March 2014. I worked in a federal gov't office for years (not immigration but they all tend to function in the same cycles) this is almost a fact.

We also know that the POS office is not on strike (thankfully). So let's claim some victories together starting for the 2012 (or any prior) applicants. If we use the current POS 20 month processing time:

- For anyone who is 12 months into the process, you are 60% (or possibly more) closer to success!
- For anyone who is 14 months into the process, you are 70% (or possibly more) closer to success!
- For anyone who is 16 months into the process, you are 80% (or possibly more) closer to success!
- For anyone who is 18 months into the process, you are 90% (or possibly more) closer to success!

And for those of us who are 2013 applicants, as soon as we can get our brother's and sister's off the queue we are up next!!!! YAY!!! PRAYING for PPR's & COPR's & AOR's. BIG HUGS & BLESSINGS for ALL on this journey.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
MissDominica said:
Needed that! I've been so depressed and angry the last few days. I was super happy to see someone on the forum get good news.. but it stings that it feels like some of us keep getting "skipped over" like our feelings don't matter.. I miss my hubby just as much as anyone else misses their husband or wife or kid.. and yet I'm going on 13 months.

I'm extremely angry and resentful of POS in general. And this whole process. I get angry and I have nowhere to vent. So I cry.
Hmmm! Was telling my wife the same thing.. Like I thought sponsorship outland was meant to be faster, to bring families back together... Like trini100 I'm not even hating on y'all, extremely happy that we got good news. but what I don't I understand is... Y'all got a Visa?, live together.? In Canada? And got thru so quick?? Wow. correct me is I'm wrong.. I mean having the papers and being together is the ultimate.. All the hate goes out to POS.. Wife been doing it alone with my two kids over a year :mad: :(. I'm missing key moments in my sons life.. Started soccer without me, starting school in sept without me..miss my princess like crazy.. Its crazy POS.. there r families that started the process before me and I honestly don't want to pass them in line...but if that's how POS is gwaning, why not!! Lol... POS holllllly like!! Anyways guys just keep the faith, keep praying. It'll be over soon..

Trini100

Nov 24, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hi everyone, things are a bit too quiet on this thread, almost 3 days now.......are we all immigration fatigued? We need to make a bit of noise together ;)!

Trini100, glad to hear the news about your application approval, CONGRATULATIONS ;D. It must be so nice to have that big sigh of relief and know that CIC is not going to be a monkey on your back any longer.

Yes it is a very big relief we have been praying and hoping for this day for soo dam long. Right now we are planning to finally start our life together. Looking back i remember when i was now investigating how to get my wife to canada and stumbling upon this forum, researching what forms I needed and putting everything together, it was tiring yet fun at the same time. To all the future applicants the best piece of info I got from this forum was from these guys. It helped me organize my package

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

I know a lot of you are still waiting for cic. I know how it feels and I was in ur same shoes just a week ago. Trust me I would not put this immigration process on my worst enemy. I know how frustrating it is... at one point I would pelt cuse at mr Harper everytime I saw him on tv I was like this is the guy who's keeping me from being with my wife. But like everything it is just a point in ur life you just have to suck it up and go through it. Just don't give up on ur partner or ur kids!! Be the support for each other!!! I hope u guys be with ur loved ones soon!!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
LouisFam said:
Hmmm! Was telling my wife the same thing.. Like I thought sponsorship outland was meant to be faster, to bring families back together... Like trini100 I'm not even hating on y'all, extremely happy that we got good news. but what I don't I understand is... Y'all got a Visa?, live together.? In Canada? And got thru so quick?? Wow. correct me is I'm wrong.. I mean having the papers and being together is the ultimate.. All the hate goes out to POS.. Wife been doing it alone with my two kids over a year :mad: :(. I'm missing key moments in my sons life.. Started soccer without me, starting school in sept without me..miss my princess like crazy.. Its crazy POS.. there r families that started the process before me and I honestly don't want to pass them in line...but if that's how POS is gwaning, why not!! Lol... POS holllllly like!! Anyways guys just keep the faith, keep praying. It'll be over soon..
Ditto. Not pissed at anyone here.. pissed at POS but come on... this is ridiculous.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Wow a lot of fustration here n I dnt blame yourll this is how they reunite families this is how outland takes a shorter time so many lies so much tension. Boy can't wait for this to be over,here I am waiting for my medical extension together with my PPR my 15 months end sept 19 and they just keep procrastinating. God help us all

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Trini100 said:
Yes it is a very big relief we have been praying and hoping for this day for soo dam long. Right now we are planning to finally start our life together. Looking back i remember when i was now investigating how to get my wife to canada and stumbling upon this forum, researching what forms I needed and putting everything together, it was tiring yet fun at the same time. To all the future applicants the best piece of info I got from this forum was from these guys. It helped me organize my package

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

I know a lot of you are still waiting for cic. I know how it feels and I was in ur same shoes just a week ago. Trust me I would not put this immigration process on my worst enemy. I know how frustrating it is... at one point I would pelt cuse at mr Harper everytime I saw him on tv I was like this is the guy who's keeping me from being with my wife. But like everything it is just a point in ur life you just have to suck it up and go through it. Just don't give up on ur partner or ur kids!! Be the support for each other!!! I hope u guys be with ur loved ones soon!!
Lol at pelting cuss words at Harper.

Congrats Trini and all the best. Go ahead and have a happy and long life with your wife. Do let us know how long POS took to return her passport!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
millslu said:
Wow a lot of fustration here n I dnt blame yourll this is how they reunite families this is how outland takes a shorter time so many lies so much tension. Boy can't wait for this to be over,here I am waiting for my medical extension together with my PPR my 15 months end sept 19 and they just keep procrastinating. God help us all
Boiii.. I'm tellin u. Frustrated is not the word. And since if I swear on here, they hide the word anyway, I won't bother.

I have more to say.. but because of the mood I'm in and the fact that it may be taken the wrong way, I'm not going to say it. Plus the people who really deserve their as$es chewed out are sitting in their cozy little office chairs talking about their lime plans after work and using the 2012 applications as toilet paper. But we all know this is bullsh&t.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Miss D. lol....at your first comment about work. The nerve of employers :p!
I'm telling you. Don't they know I have important things to do.. ::)

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Hi Forum Family,

I trust you're all holding on strong.
This is Mrs. Millslu.
Well, nothing much has changed for us this week. We have still yet to hear anything from the Embassy.
As you know, My husbands medicals expired on June 19th.
We sent them an enquiry regarding next steps and they suprisley responded on July 30th stating that they sent an email to their Canadian Office concerning his medical and that "no further action is required by us at this time". What the heck does that really mean anyway?

Today is August 23rd and if they granted him the extension (without notifying us) the extension will expire September 19th.

We also requested our GCM notes in early July and we have yet to receive them as well.
Our notes cost $5, i sent them a cheque and they have not cashed the cheque nor have they returned the cheque to me. So i really dont know what's going on. How long does notes take? i specifically requested they send electronically.

We sent them another enquiry yesterday because i'm telling you, we are getting very very anxious.
We are so hurt and frustrated by this process. It's inhuman, it's grueling, its torturous.

So, here we go again, going into another lonely weekend without out our soul mates hearing nothing but silence.
I gotta tell you, this silence is getting very LOUD! :- :'(

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
millslu said:
Hi Forum Family,

I trust you're all holding on strong.
This is Mrs. Millslu.
Well, nothing much has changed for us this week. We have still yet to hear anything from the Embassy.
As you know, My husbands medicals expired on June 19th.
We sent them an enquiry regarding next steps and they suprisley responded on July 30th stating that they sent an email to their Canadian Office concerning his medical and that "no further action is required by us at this time". What the heck does that really mean anyway?

Today is August 23rd and if they granted him the extension (without notifying us) the extension will expire September 19th.

We also requested our GCM notes in early July and we have yet to receive them as well.
Our notes cost $5, i sent them a cheque and they have not cashed the cheque nor have they returned the cheque to me. So i really dont know what's going on. How long does notes take? i specifically requested they send electronically.

We sent them another enquiry yesterday because i'm telling you, we are getting very very anxious.
We are so hurt and frustrated by this process. It's inhuman, it's grueling, its torturous.

So, here we go again, going into another lonely weekend without out our soul mates hearing nothing but silence.
I gotta tell you, this silence is getting very LOUD! :- :'(
Hang in there! Just a small (positive) point of correction... if the extension is granted, it will extend them for an additional year from assessment date, not 3 months. 3 months post-expiration is the deadline for initiating the extension. It took 7-8 weeks to get ours, so they might still be working on yours