+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Can868

Aug 20, 2021
Hey guys , just wondering how long does it take to get back your passport after submission in Port of Spain ?
It took us 3 weeks after it was sent.

Timeline:
Submitted Dec 2
Bio sent Apr 14
Medical Jun 4
Passport sent Aug 27
Received Sept 20

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, has anyone had any updates from Trinidad lately? We submitted in Sept 2019, were transferred to Mexico and the Port of Spain. We had to send in additional information in May 2021 and haven't heard anything since. If I go by this thread it seems like many people are still waiting, had anyone had luck and had some movement from this VO?

• Sad
Reactions: Can868

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi, has anyone had any updates from Trinidad lately? We submitted in Sept 2019, were transferred to Mexico and the Port of Spain. We had to send in additional information in May 2021 and haven't heard anything since. If I go by this thread it seems like many people are still waiting, had anyone had luck and had some movement from this VO?
There have been no updates really. The live interpretation service at the university in Port of Spain was asked 2 weeks ago if it was ready to "resume services" at the Canada High Commission, but the person at the Canada High Commission didn't offer any details of when they would be back into operations. There are at least 3 couples (us among them) who recently had our files reviewed and were told we "still required an interview". We applied in Oct 2018.

• Wow
Reactions: Ismelda Jiménez

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
There have been no updates really. The live interpretation service at the university in Port of Spain was asked 2 weeks ago if it was ready to "resume services" at the Canada High Commission, but the person at the Canada High Commission didn't offer any details of when they would be back into operations. There are at least 3 couples (us among them) who recently had our files reviewed and were told we "still required an interview". We applied in Oct 2018.
Oh wow.....I roll my eyes when I read someone complaining about not hearing anything and they applied in 2021....can't imagine applying in 2018 and still waiting. Best wishes for a response soon!

Reactions: laleona

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, just thought I would update that we received notification that my husband would be getting invited for an interview. We haven't been given more details, at this point they were asking us to confirm that he is eligible to travel to Port of Spain, i.e., fully vaccinated which thank goodness he is. So hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the interview to be scheduled.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi, just thought I would update that we received notification that my husband would be getting invited for an interview. We haven't been given more details, at this point they were asking us to confirm that he is eligible to travel to Port of Spain, i.e., fully vaccinated which thank goodness he is. So hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the interview to be scheduled.
That's great news! Unfortunately for us, Trinidad and Tobago is not recognizing the Cuban vaccine, so any Cubans that are invited for an interview would have to quarantine for 2 weeks at great expense. Please tell us when you actually get the appointment date. I hope it is soon - very encouraging news!

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, good news that we just heard that my husband's interview is scheduled for February, subject to any changes in the entry requirements due to covid. If it helps, he is from St Lucia and fully vaccinated with a T&T approved vaccine.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi, good news that we just heard that my husband's interview is scheduled for February, subject to any changes in the entry requirements due to covid. If it helps, he is from St Lucia and fully vaccinated with a T&T approved vaccine.
Hi everyone, I wanted to share some hope for all of you waiting for progress from Port of Spain and let you know that we received our COPR!!!! In addition to a request new medicals of course. Our timeline is:

Application: Sept 2019
AOR: November 2019
Biometrics: December 2019
File transferred to Mexico: December 2019
Medical request: February 2020
File Transferred to POS
Procedural Fairness Letter: April 2021
Interview Requested: January 2022
Interview: March 2022 (in person in POS, delayed due to my husband getting covid at the end of January)
Additional documents requested: April & June 2022
COPR: July 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!