+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Indian Consulate San Francisco

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

I submitted an application to get my Police Clearance Certificate for India at CGI San Francisco over 3 weeks ago. They said the PCC will be available in 10 business days and that they'd call me when it is ready for pickup (I opted for the pickup option). Nobody has called me so far. I called the Consulate several times - but nobody answers the phone EVER. The "contact us" page on CGI SF website only has contact forms for Cox and Kings related services. Does anyone know how to get in touch with these people? I can't drive all the way to SF just to enquire about a status. That's almost a 2 hour drive for me one way. Also, how much time has it normally taken for you guys to get your PCC at the SF Consulate?

My passport was issued from the SF Consulate itself. They told me that for passports that are issued from the same Consulate, it is supposed to be super fast. But clearly, that is not the case.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hey everyone,

I submitted an application to get my Police Clearance Certificate for India at CGI San Francisco over 3 weeks ago. They said the PCC will be available in 10 business days and that they'd call me when it is ready for pickup (I opted for the pickup option). Nobody has called me so far. I called the Consulate several times - but nobody answers the phone EVER. The "contact us" page on CGI SF website only has contact forms for Cox and Kings related services. Does anyone know how to get in touch with these people? I can't drive all the way to SF just to enquire about a status. That's almost a 2 hour drive for me one way. Also, how much time has it normally taken for you guys to get your PCC at the SF Consulate?

My passport was issued from the SF Consulate itself. They told me that for passports that are issued from the same Consulate, it is supposed to be super fast. But clearly, that is not the case.
Check this thread for details, looks like there is a pattern of increased processing times. Besides, you dont want to use "these people", is considered offensive, instead just go with "them".

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-pcc-at-san-francisco-indian-consulate.40076/page-5#post-6997328

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hey everyone,

Hi,

Can you please share the time it took for you to get the PCC from SFO?

Thank You!!!

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, for me it took exactly 30 days. My passport was issued in India. They say it is faster if passport issued in US but I don't think it is true.

avninder

May 26, 2015
Hi, for me it took exactly 30 days. My passport was issued in India. They say it is faster if passport issued in US but I don't think it is true.
Hi, Did you handover the return mailing envelop (if then do we need to carry in advance or they will take money) ? Also for PCC for family can we create a single cashier check with total amount ($25+$2 /head) ... pls share your exp. thanks

shank1984

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I submitted PCC application form at the Consulate in SFO on 10th April. My passport was issued at SFO but the lady at the counter did not know if the processing time is shorter for passports issued at SFO. I was told that it would take four weeks.

Will I get an email when the PCC is ready for pick up?

Thanks

waran14

Jan 8, 2019
Did you have to send the original passport for SFo embassy ? The instructions are very vague on the website

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
I see a lot of questions being repeated. So I will just summarize the process for requesting PCC through mail:
1) You need to make a money order for total amount mentioned on the web page. A single cashier's check or money order is okay. Cheapest way to get this is through your grocery store. Bank's usually charge a lot more.
2) You need to fill the form and get copies of all documents mentioned online. Get them notarized. I had mine done from UPS.
3) Make a package with all document, your original passport, cashier's check and return envelope. They wont accept just a cashier's check for return envelope like other consulates.
4) Usually take over a month. The only way you find out if you application is processed is when you receive notification that your package is shipped (provided you got one with tracking)

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello folks,
Need urgent help. My mom (Indian citizen), who is in California with my sister needs Indian police clearance certificate within 30 days for her Canadian permanent resident application. When I contacted Indian consulate in San Fransisco today they informed me that, they cannot issue PCC for visitors, so what’s my mother’s option now ?

We need to get police clearance certificate at the earliest and she cannot leave California anytime soon due to personal reasons. Kindly advice ...

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello folks,
Need urgent help. My mom (Indian citizen), who is in California with my sister needs Indian police clearance certificate within 30 days for her Canadian permanent resident application. When I contacted Indian consulate in San Fransisco today they informed me that, they cannot issue PCC for visitors, so what’s my mother’s option now ?

We need to get police clearance certificate at the earliest and she cannot leave California anytime soon due to personal reasons. Kindly advice ...
Most likely she will not be able to apply from PSK website for India. So, unfortunately there is no option but to travel to India.

Reactions: macwhitby

kiniri

Nov 2, 2019
If you go in person, do they keep your passport or do they return it to you immediately after verification?
We need to travel to India in less than a month :(

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Good news guys, My mom got her PCC from New York Consulate within 5 days via mail :) They are too good !

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: macwhitby