+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Indian Consulate San Francisco

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
Hi guys, it has been more than 2 months since I submitted my docs, but I haven't got a response. I have 2 weeks remaining to submit my app. I am repeatedly emailing the Miscellaneous dept of CGI SFO but getting no response. Can someone please suggest some other way to reach them ?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys, it has been more than 2 months since I submitted my docs, but I haven't got a response. I have 2 weeks remaining to submit my app. I am repeatedly emailing the Miscellaneous dept of CGI SFO but getting no response. Can someone please suggest some other way to reach them ?
Call them and send them text on the Emergency cell phone number provided on the website. I think I have provided the number in my earlier updates.

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
Call them and send them text on the Emergency cell phone number provided on the website. I think I have provided the number in my earlier updates.
That's what I did. I am constantly calling 415-483-6629 and it rings and goes to voicemail. I also sent a text already to this number, but got no response. Any other ideas ?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
That's what I did. I am constantly calling 415-483-6629 and it rings and goes to voicemail. I also sent a text already to this number, but got no response. Any other ideas ?
I used to text them 3 times every day. I got the first response on 3rd day since I started texting. Also you can walk in and talk to the guy. They are not allowing it at this moment but a person is always there to talk to folks. I also went as I had some other issue's which were not getting traction via calls / SMS / Emails. If you need the documents immediately and want to know the status then you can try that option.

user10111

Nov 16, 2020
Hello,
I am an Indian national with my passport issued in India.
According to this site. https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/pcc-police-clearance-certificate/
For Indian nationals it is asking for
1. Print out of online PCC form
2. notarized passport copy
3. Valid visa [I am guessing notarized copy of visa]
4. Address proof [license]
I don't see any mention of Personal particular form. Can you please confirm. Also do I need to fill the Miscellaneous form as well ? This seem under to be under foreign nationals section, so kind of confused.

Thanks.

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Hello,
I am an Indian national with my passport issued in India.
According to this site. https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/pcc-police-clearance-certificate/
For Indian nationals it is asking for
1. Print out of online PCC form
2. notarized passport copy
3. Valid visa [I am guessing notarized copy of visa]
4. Address proof [license]
I don't see any mention of Personal particular form. Can you please confirm. Also do I need to fill the Miscellaneous form as well ? This seem under to be under foreign nationals section, so kind of confused.

Thanks.
The Miscellaneous form seems to be for people holding non Indian passports, so you shouldn't have to deal with that. I recently got my PCC from the Chicago office of the CGI and they mention the Personal Particular form here:
https://www.cgichicago.gov.in/page/display/86/17
As a hilarious side note, that form has a bunch of typos and section 8b appears before 8a. :D

Maybe the SF office doesn't need that. You can get your documents notarized at UPS while shipping it out.

Reactions: user10111

iamfaheem

Aug 12, 2020
I applied for my PCC from Indian Consulate - San Francisco, when I am checking the status on passport portal it is saying "Police Verification Report is clear.PCC is available for issuance"

This is the same status since November 24, 2021. I sent an email on both of these addresses oci2.sf@mea.gov.in and misc.sf@mea.gov.in on December 1, 2021 asking for update, but no reply.

What should I do now, really appreciate for any guidance.