+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

shrutiawasthi

Nov 22, 2016
Thanks for the response Raj. I have both the PCC from SSP Offices, won't that be ok. As on Express entry site they need PCC from the local police station.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
One PCC from PSK will suffice.
Hi Raj,

Please help me to solve an issue.

I have 2 PCCs. 1 from my home country and other from United Arab Emirates (UAE)
1. From my birth to 2010 - I lived in my home country.
2. From 2010 to 2012 - I lived in UAE. (UAE Pcc does not show any duration of stay)
During these 2 years, I have visited my home country frequently (6 times, total stay around 4 months)
3. From Dec 2012 till date - Home country.

So When I asked my home country Police to include all these 6 entries and exits in the PCC (Because I was in my home country for this period), they said that there PCC format does not allow this many entries. And they mentioned the whole time (even the time I stayed in UAE) in their PCC.

So now I am really worried about this situation. Do you think it can create a problem? Or it is not a big issue?
Plus I am thinking of writing explanation letter regarding the situation. Is it Ok?

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I lived in USA for 6 months and few days back in 2010. As per CIC, I have to go for USA PCC?

What's the process to get my PCC report from USA as now I live in India?

Thk

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
SBarwal said:
Dear Friends,

I lived in USA for 6 months and few days back in 2010. As per CIC, I have to go for USA PCC?
Yes, you have to get PCC from USA since you stayed above 6 months.

What's the process to get my PCC report from USA as now I live in India?
Its very simple and straight forward. Please refer this link
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

If you still have any doubts you can ask.

Thk

liamng91

Nov 12, 2016
" You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more since you turned 18. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a document that confirms you do not have a criminal record.

Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called police clearance certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, etc. They are issued by police authorities or government departments. We use them to determine if a person is admissible to Canada.

Certain countries will not issue a police certificate or will not provide the certificate directly to you. If you cannot get one for this reason, please provide a letter of explanation.
We will tell you if you need a police certificate for Canada."

Experts, does it mean that i dont have to get the police certificate for Canada now?

I've received the ITA recently, and want to make sure i submit all the documents requested.

Please advise ! Smiley

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liamng91 said:
" You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more since you turned 18. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a document that confirms you do not have a criminal record.

Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called police clearance certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, etc. They are issued by police authorities or government departments. We use them to determine if a person is admissible to Canada.

Certain countries will not issue a police certificate or will not provide the certificate directly to you. If you cannot get one for this reason, please provide a letter of explanation.
We will tell you if you need a police certificate for Canada."

Experts, does it mean that i dont have to get the police certificate for Canada now?

I've received the ITA recently, and want to make sure i submit all the documents requested.

Please advise ! Smiley
This has been answered already on another thread, you do not need a PCC for Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
I had a question with regards to PCC. I have lived in many addresses within my home country, Do I have to specify each and every address and mention from and To duration? All addresses from birth ?

Address where stayed From To
xxx xxx xxx

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Wanted your opinion on my PCC for an African country. My father's name is written in wrong order i.e. - Surname - Middle name - First name, where as it should have been written as Surname - First name - Middle name.

This happened due to different formats used to write names in both the country. Though all other details are correct.

What should I do as I need to submit my app?

Thanks

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
thinkshady said:
I had a question with regards to PCC. I have lived in many addresses within my home country, Do I have to specify each and every address and mention from and To duration? All addresses from birth ?

Address where stayed From To
xxx xxx xxx

Expert advise please??

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
mvd said:
Hi guys,

Wanted your opinion on my PCC for an African country. My father's name is written in wrong order i.e. - Surname - Middle name - First name, where as it should have been written as Surname - First name - Middle name.

This happened due to different formats used to write names in both the country. Though all other details are correct.

What should I do as I need to submit my app?

Thanks
Just include a Letter of Explanation (LOE) stating this same error and it should work out fine, when you submit your e-APR.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
thinkshady said:
Expert advise please??
If India is your home country, then kindly obtain one single PCC from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
PCC from PSK is not time or geographically bound.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
sushsmart15 said:
If India is your home country, then kindly obtain one single PCC from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
PCC from PSK is not time or geographically bound.
Thanks but I am currently residing in Toronto and had specific question related to CGI, Toronto. expressentry already answered my query, Thanks.

rmonroe

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Can somebody explain to me how to get an U.S Police Certificate, while I am in Canada?

I am having some difficulty to understand the steps of doing that, since each country has a different procedure.

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmonroe said:
Hi there,

Can somebody explain to me how to get an U.S Police Certificate, while I am in Canada?

I am having some difficulty to understand the steps of doing that, since each country has a different procedure.

Thanks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Follow the steps of the link above.

Cheers :)

chakaz

Nov 19, 2013
please help.. am confused, i went to rcmp to get a Police Certificate,.
they gave me a form i filled it up, submitted, paid the fees, and they said ill have the document after a week.
I thought i have to provide finger prints as a requirement, but they never asked.

Is it ok to submit a non-finger print based police cleaRAnce? or am i in the wrong procedure here?