Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
For the country you currently live in, where you spent six months or more, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.
Can you post the link to the page where this is mentioned? I couldn't find.

I moved to USA less than a month ago. USA being my current country of residence now, I'm not sure whether I should apply for PCC here. Anyone with similar situation who filed for PR in the past?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
narayanf1 said:

I moved to USA less than a month ago. USA being my current country of residence now, I'm not sure whether I should apply for PCC here. Anyone with similar situation who filed for PR in the past?
Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Since you have not resided in USA for 6 months or more, then you do not need to apply for USA PCC.
If you have stayed for 6 months in total till date, then I suppose you must already be having USA PCC.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Here is the link:

Since you have not resided in USA for 6 months or more, then you do not need to apply for USA PCC.
If you have stayed for 6 months in total till date, then I suppose you must already be having USA PCC.
Thank you. I found this link where it is mentioned.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsmart15 said:
Here is the link:

narayanf1 said:

If US is your current country of residence, then you might need to submit FBI PCC.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, guys!

I have a question:

In May 2016 I left my country of residence (Russia) and now reside in another country. But I came back to Russia to visit my relatives, stayed for 10 days (27.12.16-6.01.17). My PCC from Russia dates 19.12.16. Do I need to get a new one?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pat180715 said:
Hi, guys!

I have a question:

In May 2016 I left my country of residence (Russia) and now reside in another country. But I came back to Russia to visit my relatives, stayed for 10 days (27.12.16-6.01.17). My PCC from Russia dates 19.12.16. Do I need to get a new one?

Yes, whenever you submit eAPR, the PCC for any other country apart from your current country of residence should be dated after your last visit to that country.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Yes, whenever you submit eAPR, the PCC for any other country apart from your current country of residence should be dated after your last visit to that country.
Thank you!

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
Hello all,

I'm in Canada and need to get police clearance certificate from Russia (in Russian embassy). Does anyone know approximately how long does it take?

Thank you,

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
CIC only requires the police check in countries lived more than 6 months in the past 10 years right?

I called and spoke to them and they require the PCC to be 6 months or less...so need to reapply again. Gonna be my third time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adrlim said:
CIC only requires the police check in countries lived more than 6 months in the past 10 years right?

I called and spoke to them and they require the PCC to be 6 months or less...so need to reapply again. Gonna be my third time.
Incorrect. PCCs are required for all countries where you have stayed for a total of 6 months or more since you were 18 years old.

PCCs for the current country of residence should not be older than 6 months at the time of submission of application.

PCCs for the countries you have stayed in the past are valid indefinitely if they were issued AFTER your last departure from the country.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Incorrect. PCCs are required for all countries where you have stayed for a total of 6 months or more since you were 18 years old.

PCCs for the current country of residence should not be older than 6 months at the time of submission of application.

PCCs for the countries you have stayed in the past are valid indefinitely if they were issued AFTER your last departure from the country.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for your advise that was what I thought as well but the 10 years was what the CIC representative told me. So think I better submit as well.

1. So I've re-applied for my country of origin which I left in Sept'15 to come here. I have a PCC that's dated in Oct'15 but that's less than 6 months from today so I've re-applied.
2. I also have a PCC from another country which I lived in a few years during my uni days. That's dated in July'15. I've did go back there a couple of times just for holidays but have not stayed more than 6 months (a few weeks in total). Is this PCC still considered valid? According to the CIC website it states: For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.

Would it be advisable to upload the older PCC dated Oct'15 together with a slip of acknowledgement for a new PCC that's being applied, rather than wait till the new one arrives later?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adrlim said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks for your advise that was what I thought as well but the 10 years was what the CIC representative told me. So think I better submit as well.

1. So I've re-applied for my country of origin which I left in Sept'15 to come here. I have a PCC that's dated in Oct'15 but that's less than 6 months from today so I've re-applied.

What is your current country of residence? PCC for the current country of residence needs to be less than 6 months old at the time of submission of e-APR.

From what you are telling me, you are not in your country of origin at present and you have a PCC that was issued after the last departure from your country of origin. This PCC is valid.

2. I also have a PCC from another country which I lived in a few years during my uni days. That's dated in July'15. I've did go back there a couple of times just for holidays but have not stayed more than 6 months (a few weeks in total). Is this PCC still considered valid?

No, IMO. You need to get a fresh PCC.

Thanks

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
What is your current country of residence? PCC for the current country of residence needs to be less than 6 months old at the time of submission of e-APR.

From what you are telling me, you are not in your country of origin at present and you have a PCC that was issued after the last departure from your country of origin. This PCC is valid.

Yeah that's the part that's confusing. Currently I'm residing in Canada as I've been on a work permit here since Sept 2015. I got a PCC from my country of origin dated Oct'15 which is after I left the country. I've been back a couple of times just for holidays. Do you think this is valid?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:

Yeah that's the part that's confusing. Currently I'm residing in Canada as I've been on a work permit here since Sept 2015. I got a PCC from my country of origin dated Oct'15 which is after I left the country. I've been back a couple of times just for holidays. Do you think this is valid?
If you've been back to both of those countries after obtaining your PCC you should get new ones.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks Guys.

Spoke to CIC and they say since both are more than 6 months old, I need new ones. So reapplying again.