+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakaz said:
please help.. am confused, i went to rcmp to get a Police Certificate,.
they gave me a form i filled it up, submitted, paid the fees, and they said ill have the document after a week.
I thought i have to provide finger prints as a requirement, but they never asked.

Is it ok to submit a non-finger print based police cleaRAnce? or am i in the wrong procedure here?
The requirements are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Unless you've been requested a Canadian PCC after submitting your eAPR you do not need to provide this PCC.

Cheers :)

slash_splash

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2017
Dear All,

Police Clearance Certificare (PCC) in my home country states the address of the passport. Now I live in a different address than what it is written in my passport , and PCC has the old address in it, will it cause an issue? Please share your experience.

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

what shall I do if I didn't receive UAE PCC before the submission deadline?

I only have two weeks left and applied 40 days ago and no feedback from UAE embassy yet.

what shall I do?

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
GOCANADA92 said:
Dear All,

what shall I do if I didn't receive UAE PCC before the submission deadline?

I only have two weeks left and applied 40 days ago and no feedback from UAE embassy yet.

what shall I do?
I did same process of finger prints etc. but got no reply even after 1 month. so i went to UAE on visit visa by myself to get PCC.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to confirm. I've been living and working in Canada for more than a year:

1. I have a PCC from my home country that's dated Oct 2015
2. I have a PCC from Australia where was was studying before dated July 2015

I've been back to these two countries for short holidays (few weeks) and not resided more than 6 months.

My PPCs should be fine and do not need to be redone. Am I correct?

Thanks for your help

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
adrlim said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to confirm. I've been living and working in Canada for more than a year:

I've been back to these two countries for short holidays (few weeks) and not resided more than 6 months.

Thanks for your help
Logically it seems fine.
But you never know IRCC, they might ask you to submit new ones. Really cannot give you an appropriate reply to this question.

IrishOttawa

Dec 6, 2016
Hi All,

Quick question in regards my police check.

I have been in Canada since Feb 2015, in March 2016 I got a police check from Ireland. I know that as long as the police check is performed after the date you arrived in Canada its acceptable. However I was looking over it today and I noticed that they have the postal code incorrect on the Canadian address. I also have since moved from this address in canada.

Would the old address and the incorrect postal code be a deal breaker for CIC or is this address not a big deal? I have already requested a new up to date Police check from Ireland but because of the time of year it could take an extended time to get here, and my visa expires at the end of Feb 2017.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adrlim said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help
IMO, you should get new PCCs for both those countries. PCCs should have been issued AFTER the last departure from that country. I would recommend you not to risk it by providing the PCCs you currently have.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IrishOttawa said:
Hi All,

Quick question in regards my police check.

I have been in Canada since Feb 2015, in March 2016 I got a police check from Ireland. I know that as long as the police check is performed after the date you arrived in Canada its acceptable. However I was looking over it today and I noticed that they have the postal code incorrect on the Canadian address. I also have since moved from this address in canada.

Would the old address and the incorrect postal code be a deal breaker for CIC or is this address not a big deal? I have already requested a new up to date Police check from Ireland but because of the time of year it could take an extended time to get here, and my visa expires at the end of Feb 2017.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
The PCC that you currently have is valid as long as it was issued after your last departure from Ireland. The old address isn't going to be an issue but the incorrect zip code might. I'll let someone who was in such a situation answer this.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
IMO, you should get new PCCs for both those countries. PCCs should have been issued AFTER the last departure from that country. I would recommend you not to risk it by providing the PCCs you currently have.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for replying.

I just looked at the CIC website and this is what is stated:

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, but no longer live in, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

For the country you currently live in, where you spent six months or more, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

But there is also a line that states that PCC are valid for one year.

So it's a little confusing here. I have the PCCs when I applied for a work permit. I also got another PCC after I left my home country (ie. after coming here to work I went back to get a new PPC from my home country). So for both PCCs its after I lived in that country. Since I'm residing in Canada now the second clause doesn't apply.

Just wondering if anyone of the same situation as mine has used existing PCCs for filing?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks for replying.

I just looked at the CIC website and this is what is stated:

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, but no longer live in, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

For the country you currently live in, where you spent six months or more, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

But there is also a line that states that PCC are valid for one year.

So it's a little confusing here. I have the PCCs when I applied for a work permit. I also got another PCC after I left my home country (ie. after coming here to work I went back to get a new PPC from my home country). So for both PCCs its after I lived in that country. Since I'm residing in Canada now the second clause doesn't apply.

Just wondering if anyone of the same situation as mine has used existing PCCs for filing?
Your PCCs are fine assuming you never visited those countries after having got those PCCs. Zip code mismatch wouldn't affect PCC validity.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Your PCCs are fine assuming you never visited those countries after having got those PCCs. Zip code mismatch wouldn't affect PCC validity.
I've only been back for holidays (couple of days/weeks) but never lived there for more than 6 months. Should still be OK i would think so?

Unless the visits accumulate to 6 months then it would need a new PCC based on the new requirements I read.

Is it possible to call CIC to enquire on areas like these? Tx

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
I've only been back for holidays (couple of days/weeks) but never lived there for more than 6 months. Should still be OK i would think so?

Unless the visits accumulate to 6 months then it would need a new PCC based on the new requirements I read.

Is it possible to call CIC to enquire on areas like these? Tx
Unfortunately no. There is no ambiguity in this one. You need to get a fresh PCC.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for your reply.

I actually managed to call CIC just now and explained the situation. They advised me as long as:
1. Did not stay more than 6 months after the date on the PCC
2. PCC issued has not expiry

Then it's all good. I asked him so how would they tell if you have stayed more than 6 months after the PCC was issued and he says they look at the stamps in the passport which then makes sense.

As to your quote below. Yes so what happened was I came to Canada to start my new job and returned to my home country to get a fresh PCC to fulfill the need of having it issued after the last time I lived there.

Thanks

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello all,

I just received my FBI PCC report, its rejected due to low quality of fingerprints. What should I do now? Please suggest,.

My PCC timeline:-

FBI Received courier on 7th Oct, 2016
Credit Card swiped on 20th Nov, 2016
Received Report courier on 16th Dec, 2016