+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hi all,
I've lived in France for 25 years, so I have to ask for my French PCC before I can submit my PR application. But if I go back to France (for the holidays, like one week) while my application is in process (after submission), is this going to mess up everything or am I good?

Thank you!

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Hi Guys..... reposting this one...appreciate your views and help provided.
t_p said:
Folks,
I and my wife are Indian citizens, currently staying in Singapore for about 2 years. She has gone to India temporarily (6 months) for her work. We both need to submit PCCs from India as well as Singapore. Is it suggested that we both do from one location itself- I mean she travels to singapore and we both get it done jointly from Singapore authorities and Indian embassy or would it be ok if she submits it from Indian passport office/SG corresponding agencies and I submit it from Singapore locally? Trying to understand the thumb rule here and whether two diff.locations wouldnt be suggested per say.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
t_p said:
Hi Guys..... reposting this one...appreciate your views and help provided.
You should get it done from Indian Embassy in Singapore. If it is difficult for your wife to obtain PCC for Singapore from the embassy in India, then better ask her to get both PCCs done from Singapore itself.

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Hello Dear friends, I need your urgent help. I received an ITA yesterday. I am Turkish and I now live in Turkey since 2012. However, I lived in USA as a student between 2010-2012. Since I lived there more than 6 months

1) I think I need to get a police certificate but I am not sure?
2)I checked FBIs websites it says:Current processing time is 12-14 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery. I wont catch the 60 days period:(

Any ideas about my situation?

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
janecan said:
Hello Dear friends, I need your urgent help. I received an ITA yesterday. I am Turkish and I now live in Turkey since 2012. However, I lived in USA as a student between 2010-2012. Since I lived there more than 6 months

2)I checked FBIs websites it says:Current processing time is 12-14 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery. I wont catch the 60 days period:(

You can apply to FBI and in the meantime ask CIC for an extension to submit your FBI PCC. Make sure you submit the documents/proof (Courier waybill) to show that you have sent your form to FBI.

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
I'm in the same boat. One thing is for sure that you do need to apply for USA PCC.
for 2) the solution provided about extension seems a good one but we do need to know if that works well usually.

janecan said:

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Can I check with you if know of a good no. of cases where people have filed for extension and they have yielded?

kaddu747 said:
You can apply to FBI and in the meantime ask CIC for an extension to submit your FBI PCC. Make sure you submit the documents/proof (Courier waybill) to show that you have sent your form to FBI.

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
thank you all. i applied to fbi but should i mention about this process to ita officers when i am submitting all my documents or before? if before how it is possible to contact them

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
I wont suggest contacting them beforehand as telling them this, way too much in advance, may not be a good idea. I plan to do it on my 55/57th day so that they do understand that I have waited for FBI's response. And who knows you may receive it before the 60-days period.
janecan said:
thank you all. i applied to fbi but should i mention about this process to ita officers when i am submitting all my documents or before? if before how it is possible to contact them

shrutiawasthi

Nov 22, 2016

Hi, I received my ITA. After completing the Express entry profile, it's asking for PCC (Multiple). Does that mean that I have to take PCC from Lucknow (hometown), Ghaziabad (College) & Mumbai (currently residing)? Pls help. Urgent!!!

shrutiawasthi

Nov 22, 2016

Hi, I received my ITA. After completing the Express entry profile, it's asking for PCC (Multiple). Does that mean that I have to take PCC from Lucknow (hometown), Ghaziabad (College) & Mumbai (currently residing)? Pls help. Urgent!!!

Regds,
Shruti

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
No.. Police certificate is required only 1 per country. Visit the PSK office in Mumbai if you have the address proof and they will issue the PCC the same day if you have the address in the passport same as your another address proof. If not, police verification will happen.
shrutiawasthi said:

shrutiawasthi

Nov 22, 2016
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have already taken a PCC from Lucknow and have applied a PCC online from Mumbai Police. Will that help?

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Don't think a second PCC is needed. As I have been informed, there are no dates mentioned on the PCC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

shrutiawasthi said:
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have already taken a PCC from Lucknow and have applied a PCC online from Mumbai Police. Will that help?