+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Check from Germany

GO83

Oct 19, 2009
I have a question about if you need to send finger prints to all places you are getting a criminal record check through?

On the document check list it says "Submit original fingerprints to authorities conducting police checks."

But when I went to the German Consulate website its just one page you fill out with your birthday and address in Canada which gets notarized, mailed to Germany with a check and then mailed back to you to translate.

Any ideas on if they mean give your fingerprints to Canada or to everyone or to just anyone who requests it. Also do you need to send a cover letter with a criminal record check request with the addresses you had in that country? It seems to easy....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

GO83 said:
I have a question about if you need to send finger prints to all places you are getting a criminal record check through?

On the document check list it says "Submit original fingerprints to authorities conducting police checks."

But when I went to the German Consulate website its just one page you fill out with your birthday and address in Canada which gets notarized, mailed to Germany with a check and then mailed back to you to translate.

Any ideas on if they mean give your fingerprints to Canada or to everyone or to just anyone who requests it. Also do you need to send a cover letter with a criminal record check request with the addresses you had in that country? It seems to easy....
Nope you don't need prints for Germany, follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/germany.asp
A great number of countries require fingerprints for criminal records checks.

PMM

GO83

Oct 19, 2009
Okay I sent it off on October 16th I think. And now I sit and wait? I'm getting super anxious about getting this document in like summer 2009. The rest of my package is ready to go and my time in Canada is running out.

Is there anyone who has applied for one from Germany and can clue me in on return time or a way to follow up?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GO83 said:
Okay I sent it off on October 16th I think. And now I sit and wait? I'm getting super anxious about getting this document in like summer 2009. The rest of my package is ready to go and my time in Canada is running out.

Is there anyone who has applied for one from Germany and can clue me in on return time or a way to follow up?
I got mine in just a week and it cost me only 19 Euros.

All I did was, downloaded the form from the German Consulates website, made a photocopy of my PP and had it Notarized and sent it off to the " Bundesamt für Justiz" in Germany. No fingerprints required. Job done.

BobbyB

GO83

Oct 19, 2009
Yea mine only cost 13 Euros. It finally came at the end of December. Got it translated at the consulate for 20 Euros.

The German Bundestamt said my police check was most likely lost since it took so long to get it back from Germany. Just an FYI - it apparently can take 3 months.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GO83 said:
Yea mine only cost 13 Euros. It finally came at the end of December. Got it translated at the consulate for 20 Euros.

The German Bundestamt said my police check was most likely lost since it took so long to get it back from Germany. Just an FYI - it apparently can take 3 months.
Sorry. My mistake, u r right. It's not 19 euros but 13 Euros.

BobbyB

MissyS

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
05-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2010
I'm just curious how you guys paid the 13 euros -- did you do the bank transfer thing, or is it possible to pay with a money order? I asked at Canada Post, and they said they don't do money orders in Euros. The bank charges a fee of $33 to do a wire transfer. So -- any hints or advice? Thanks :)

GO83

Oct 19, 2009
Go to your bank and ask for their options. They have two one is quicker and costs more one is slower and costs less. Depends what your time constraints look like. Never do anything via Canada Post they are so dumb.

I had them do a cashiers check in Euros for me. Make sure its written out to the correct place:

Deutsche Bundesbank - Filiale Köln -
bank code: 370 000 00, account number: 38001005
BIC: MARKDEF1370,
IBAN-number: DE49370000000038001005
to Bundesamt für Justiz.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Get a money order from a bank in Euros. Scotiabank does it.

MissyS

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
05-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2010
Awesome! Thanks for the help :)

hikari4376

May 17, 2018

It was really long time ago you posted it. My fiance is also waiting for the German criminal record for over a month.

How long does it take to get your criminal record from Germany?