+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate - timeline

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
I have worked in Denmark from Nov 2008 to may 2009. Should I ask for police certificate from denmark? The reason is that if I consider 10 years from today the stay is less than 6 months.

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
i would include the police certificate from Denmark
Hi Wakki,

But isn’t the PCC only required for the country that the applicant has lived most of the years since the age 18 ?

In my case I have lived in China Bangladesh and Sri Lanka for few years in the last 10 years but I have spent most of my years in my home country India since the age of 18. So Injave arranges PCC only from India.

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance !

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:
  • Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
you need PCC from China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:
  • Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
you need PCC from China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India

Thanks for your quick reply Wakki. However, based on the 2nd point, since I have lived in India most years of my life since I turned 18, I should not be needing PCCs from China Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Or am I misinterpreting the 2nd point ?

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
don't get stressed out........IRCC may or may not need all the PCC.....better to provide PCC and avoid any delays......as the 12 months processing time is enough stress.

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
don't get stressed out........IRCC may or may not need all the PCC.....better to provide PCC and avoid any delays......as the 12 months processing time is enough stress.
Thank you for your comforting words. Actually I have already arranged PCC from Sri Lanka for my entire stay there. However it is more than 6 months old now. I doubt if I can rearrange a fresh one. Do you think if I submit the more than 6 month old PCC with an explanation, IRCC would accept it ?

Thank you Wakki

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Thanks for the additional info. Can you please let me know about this question? should we include pcc for the countries only in the last ten years from today or all countries since you are 18?

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Point #1 says CURRENT country of residence, not ALL countries. I am not telling you what to do, but I find that following their instructions as stated usually works well.

GOOD LUCK