+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Spain

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Anybody have any advice on how to submit and actually receive a police certificate from Spain? I don't have a problem with the documents, just about how to actually get it into the office in Spain from abroad because clearly doing through DHL didn't work. Did anybody use a lawyer there? Basically if anybody successfully sent and received their Spain police certificate from abroad (not online) please can you share you method with me?

Thanks!

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Why not online?, they wont sign it anyways.... Basically the certificate is electronically signed, no matter if you go to the office is basically the same paper...

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
My husband doesn't qualify to do it online as he's not a European/Spain resident. So can't do it through online (CL@VE). That would have been the best option but sadly not for people abroad.

Last edited:

nubeado

May 21, 2021
My husband doesn't qualify to do it online as he's not a European/Spain resident. So can't do it through online (CL@VE). That would have been the best option but sadly not for people abroad.
Then, if you are not in Spain you might need to go to the consulate. If you are in canada, they are closed, basically visits are 2 hours per week, might take you 2 months to arrange a date.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/TORONTO/es/ServiciosConsulares/Paginas/Antecedentes-Penales.aspx

Be ready to wait....

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
My husband lives in Dominican Republic. We had submitted everything completed but for some reason it didn't make it to the criminal record office, it made it to the building... so my husband tried calling to see if they can find the envelope. He has to call back on Monday. It's also hard cause there is a time difference in Spain. The Spanish Consulate are absolutely NO help whatsoever in Canada or in Dominican Republic sadly. But I guess if we can get the envelope found it might help. If not we have to start from scratch and not send through mail buy try another method like a lawyer/ representative in Spain who can physically give them the documents at the criminal record office. But it's also hard to find someone to trust to do this from abroad.

nubeado

May 21, 2021
You have to go the to embasy or consulate. For sure. You have to show who you are to get a certificate, so you need to send a certified copy that they have to do in in the consulate/embassy. Otherwise they dont give it without that. The easiest is to go to the embassy they will ask for the certificate an mail it to you. Anyways will take you months...

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
My husband went to the embassy of Spain in Dominican Republic because I think the documents had to have legalization. He did all that before he submitted it. But in no way do they help to do anything for us. We followed the process stated on the website. But... anyways.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
We did everything correctly, it's just the envelope/documents didn't get to the actual office to complete the police certificate. Like I'm sure the envelope is somewhere in that building in Spain. I just want to know, if we have to do it again what is the better process. Like if it got lost or whatever happened what is a sure way to get it to the police record office in Spain and back to my husband. It just seems so hard to obtain.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Suggest looking for Spanish language forums or resources. The number of spousal cases with this particular issue (foreigner needing PCC from Spain) here might be quite small. Whereas Spain has hundreds of thousands at any one time working in Spain and I'm sure the issue is much more common in Latin America.

If you don't have Spanish, your husband would likely be able to find more easily.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Suggest looking for Spanish language forums or resources. The number of spousal cases with this particular issue (foreigner needing PCC from Spain) here might be quite small. Whereas Spain has hundreds of thousands at any one time working in Spain and I'm sure the issue is much more common in Latin America.

If you don't have Spanish, your husband would likely be able to find more easily.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
Anybody have any advice on how to submit and actually receive a police certificate from Spain? I don't have a problem with the documents, just about how to actually get it into the office in Spain from abroad because clearly doing through DHL didn't work. Did anybody use a lawyer there? Basically if anybody successfully sent and received their Spain police certificate from abroad (not online) please can you share you method with me?

Thanks!
Hi,
Did you happen to receive the criminal record certificate?
Also, could you please help me with filling the form? It is in Spanish and I am using Google translate to fill it.
However doubts still persist.
For eg. I do not live in Spain anymore so should the address be my current residential address or the local address from Spain where I used to live.
I am running out of time and I am really stuck here. Would appreciate your help

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi, so my husband went to school there so he has some friends currently living there. He asked the one he trusted if they can help. He gave the person authorization to do the police certificate check on his behalf. First he had to talk with a lawyer in his country where he lives to develop the document for authorization, then send those papers over to the friend in Spain. The friend in Spain did everything else and got the proper stamps for the document to be valid in Canada. The friend sent the papers to my husband and he of course had to translate them to English. Very lengthy process, not sure if it could have been easier. I would suggest contacting a lawyer there to do it because not everyone has contacts there. FYI the first attempt with mailing the completed document on our own didn't work as the document went to the building but not the actually office, and I guess they are too lazy there to open and sort mail. I don't know.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi,
Did you happen to receive the criminal record certificate?
Also, could you please help me with filling the form? It is in Spanish and I am using Google translate to fill it.
However doubts still persist.
For eg. I do not live in Spain anymore so should the address be my current residential address or the local address from Spain where I used to live.
I am running out of time and I am really stuck here. Would appreciate your help

Also you can ask for an extension for more time to submit the documents. We had to ask for many because this process took so long. They usually extended it by a month (end of the month).

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
Hi, so my husband went to school there so he has some friends currently living there. He asked the one he trusted if they can help. He gave the person authorization to do the police certificate check on his behalf. First he had to talk with a lawyer in his country where he lives to develop the document for authorization, then send those papers over to the friend in Spain. The friend in Spain did everything else and got the proper stamps for the document to be valid in Canada. The friend sent the papers to my husband and he of course had to translate them to English. Very lengthy process, not sure if it could have been easier. I would suggest contacting a lawyer there to do it because not everyone has contacts there. FYI the first attempt with mailing the completed document on our own didn't work as the document went to the building but not the actually office, and I guess they are too lazy there to open and sort mail. I don't know.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I guess then authorizing someone is a more reliable option.
Did you fill the form 790 on your own? I am facing some doubts in the same regards.
Timeline should hopefully not be a problem if I could authorize someone and mail the documents to them by next week. I have not yet received the ITA. Waiting for a nomination from Ontario. So as far as next week the docs get posted, I might be able to receive the CRC in the given time frame.

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I guess then authorizing someone is a more reliable option.
Did you fill the form 790 on your own? I am facing some doubts in the same regards.
Timeline should hopefully not be a problem if I could authorize someone and mail the documents to them by next week. I have not yet received the ITA. Waiting for a nomination from Ontario. So as far as next week the docs get posted, I might be able to receive the CRC in the given time frame.
Even if you try that way you will still have to go to the embasy, you need an stamp on the passport copy.

Reactions: leavrole