+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate problems

Amine.Hadji

Jan 29, 2015
Hello,
My wife applied to sponsor me in September 2014 her part of being a sponsor was accepted, and the file was sent to Paris office as I am a Tunisian applicant for PR from out-land, the Paris office they sent an Email to us in December 2014 and asked me to bring a police certificate from Libya and the my travel history, we sent them the travel history, but the police certificate no, because my wife send them an E mail and told them that i never spent 6 months a row in Libya so they replay to her and said okay as long as you said that, but 2 days ago they sent us a new E mail and they ask us again to send them that police certificate. Libya as we all know is a place of terrorism and civil war now.
When i was in Libya i stay there 2 months sometimes 4 but i never stay there 6 months in a row then i go back to Tunisia where i stay 12 or 15 days then back to Libya to work
I left Libya since 18 of July 2014 and never come back because the company I was working for they stopped all them activities there, I can't risk my life and go to Libya now to get that certificate,
yesterday I sent them an E mail and i explained that for them but they didn't replay yet
what do you suggest to me please help me

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Try applying through the local libyan consulate. They should be able to help you

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If you were in Libya working and only left for 15 days at a time, that was considered as residing there, and the 15 day absence won't restart the period of counting 6 months for needing a police certificate. 2 weeks is basically the span of a vacation, so your country of residence was still Libya and not Tunsnia.

If you were in Libya working for 4 months, then visited Tunsnia for 12 days and then worked for another 2 months in Libya then back to Tunsnia for 15 days, you were living in Libya for 6 months (or longer if this pattern continued) and CIC is right to ask for a police check from the country.

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
How to Get a Police Certificate - Libya

If you are not a citizen of Libya

If you live in Libya:

You must go to your local police station where you will complete a Certificate of Innocence (Chahadet Baraa in Arabic) see Special notes and considerations). Note: the form is not available online.

If you live outside of Libya:

Certificates are not available for former residents.
Apparently it's the same for citizens of Libya who are outside of Libya, too!

Anyhow, I suggest that you or your wife make a copy of this CIC page and send it to the CIC office that is requesting a police check from Libya. Email them the link and also copy and paste it and attach it as a PDF file (everything in triplicate! j/k).

You were trying to get out of the police check for the wrong reason, because you thought that it's only if you were there non-stop 6 months, but a trip of just a few weeks will be seen as just a short vacation.

I suggest that your wife also contact her MP and have him/her contact CIC just to be sure that CIC understands that you are not able to get a police check as a former resident and there's no feasible/reasonable way for you to visit just to obtain a police check.

Amine.Hadji

Jan 29, 2015
Solved
Thanks God,
Finally they replay, after the Email I sent them in which I explained every thing, I got the Paris immigration office replay, they said

The police certificate that we did ask about is cancelled

and thanks for the CIC for the update they made on them website i just seen it now