+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate. Please helpppp

Saraiksara

Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys
I sent out my sponsorship application last month and it get returned to me. It stated that my police certificate is missing and I need to get it from the Hong Kong Police. But I have been living in Canada for the past six year, I thought the checklist does stated that police certificate for foreign country is only for those do not stay in Canada last six months. Anyone has the same situation as I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys
I sent out my sponsorship application last month and it get returned to me. It stated that my police certificate is missing and I need to get it from the Hong Kong Police. But I have been living in Canada for the past six year, I thought the checklist does stated that police certificate for foreign country is only for those do not stay in Canada last six months. Anyone has the same situation as I do?
You've misunderstood the requirements. You need to provide the PCC for Hong Kong and your application was correctly returned. Suggestion you review the detailed guide:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:

• The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and

• The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.

Saraiksara

Nov 4, 2016
I still don’t get it....
It stated I need to provide from the country I currently lived in which is Canada(stay here definitely longer than six months). The country I spent most life in since the age of 18 which is Canada. So is that mean I need to get the police certificate from both Hong Kong and Canada?

Reactions: Miminice

Miminice

Jul 20, 2017
Abuja
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I still don’t get it....
It stated I need to provide from the country I currently lived in which is Canada(stay here definitely longer than six months). The country I spent most life in since the age of 18 which is Canada. So is that mean I need to get the police certificate from both Hong Kong and Canada?
I am in the process of submitting my son's application, and quite concerned about the return of your document due to the police cert. Presently, my 19 yr old son lived in Australia since the age of 15 and he has not left the country since then. In this case, I only obtained the Police certificate from Australia and none from his birth country.
My question is , did you live in Canada before age 18?

andygps

May 29, 2018
I still don’t get it....
Just to make sure, are you the sponsor or the principal applicant(the one getting sponsored)? Maybe they are asking for your spouse?