+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
It looks exactly like the email they sent to me yesterday... Oh crap! Are you Mexican? I do believe it's the bureaucracy in Mexico... it's always been like that! I'm just worried that maybe I should've request an extension of time, long time ago... I'm calling tomorrow to see how to proceed next.
Yes, I am Mexican. I know the Mexican ”burocracia”, but I also know the Canadian bureaucracy, it’s the same shit. I don’t think it’s Mexican authorities fault because you can get the certificate in just 10 days if you go directly with the Mexican authorities. I had requested my second extension a previous week its expiration date. Then, I’m ok, I’m just waiting until they decide to get the certificate, translate it and send it to Mississauga. Good luck with your process

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Yes, I am Mexican. I know the Mexican ”burocracia”, but I also know the Canadian bureaucracy, it’s the same shit. I don’t think it’s Mexican authorities fault because you can get the certificate in just 10 days if you go directly with the Mexican authorities. I had requested my second extension a previous week its expiration date. Then, I’m ok, I’m just waiting until they decide to get the certificate, translate it and send it to Mississauga. Good luck with your process
Second extension?! May I ask how did you ask for and extension? I haven’t requested any extension and I’m now officially panicked... I’m also Mexican as you may suspect. So... is the police certificate issued in Spanish? And what is the process of translating it? Do they do that?

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Second extension?! May I ask how did you ask for and extension? I haven’t requested any extension and I’m now officially panicked... I’m also Mexican as you may suspect. So... is the police certificate issued in Spanish? And what is the process of translating it? Do they do that?
The embassy does everything for you, you don’t need to worry. Talking about extensions, your immigration officer gave you a date to send the police certificate, then, if you didn’t send it on time, you should had asked for an extension previous the expiration date. How do you do it? It’s easy, you do it through their webform which it’s available online. You have this information in the letters that they email you (for example, the one which asks for your certificate).

Last edited:

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
The embassy does everything for you, you don’t need to worry. Talking about extensions, your immigration officer gave you a date to send the police certificate, then, if you didn’t send it on time, you should had asked for an extension previous the expiration date. How do you do it? It’s easy, you do it through their webform which it’s available online. You have this information in the letters that they email you (for example, the one which asks for your certificate).
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. Last night I sent a message regarding my situation through a webform, including some documents to support my message, where they can see I did everything on time on my end to comply with their request... I hope this does not affect negatively my application, I'm nervous since yesterday, I called and the system couldn't find my application... I read some other people having the same problem yesterday, I hope it's only an error.

Anyways, thank you and good luck!!

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. Last night I sent a message regarding my situation through a webform, including some documents to support my message, where they can see I did everything on time on my end to comply with their request... I hope this does not affect negatively my application, I'm nervous since yesterday, I called and the system couldn't find my application... I read some other people having the same problem yesterday, I hope it's only an error.

Anyways, thank you and good luck!!
Hello! No worries. I am glad that I can be helpful. I have a question, when you called them, did you talk to an agent? If you did not talk to an agent and just follow the recorded instructions, it does not help you at all because it did not find my application neither. You need to talk to an agent, but you have to do it early and wait like 20-30 minutes. Good luck!

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hello! No worries. I am glad that I can be helpful. I have a question, when you called them, did you talk to an agent? If you did not talk to an agent and just follow the recorded instructions, it does not help you at all because it did not find my application neither. You need to talk to an agent, but you have to do it early and wait like 20-30 minutes. Good luck!
I couldn't connect with an agent yesterday, I tried like 4 times... I called this morning and I requested a call back so they called me and everything looks fine! My application is there so I assume there are some errors in the phone system. Though last week I called and they gave me the status through those recordings without any problem, so.. who knows?

I asked about my VO and the agent just told me that my documents are in Canada, and "my second Visa Office" was in Mexico.. weird.. they said, at some point they may send your documents to there but is not mandatory... so, I still don't know, here in Canada, which VO has my app.

But everything is ok so I can relax now! :)

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I couldn't connect with an agent yesterday, I tried like 4 times... I called this morning and I requested a call back so they called me and everything looks fine! My application is there so I assume there are some errors in the phone system. Though last week I called and they gave me the status through those recordings without any problem, so.. who knows?

I asked about my VO and the agent just told me that my documents are in Canada, and "my second Visa Office" was in Mexico.. weird.. they said, at some point they may send your documents to there but is not mandatory... so, I still don't know, here in Canada, which VO has my app.

But everything is ok so I can relax now! :)
It sounds great. Did they confirm you that they received your Police Certificate from Mexico?

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
It sounds great. Did they confirm you that they received your Police Certificate from Mexico?
It's weird because she mentioned they have a record that they received my documents on Nov 5th, 2019... (I guess she refered to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico), and in the emails I've been exchanging with them, they said they sent them to Mexican Authorities on Nov 1st... so... again, who knows? I don't believe they already have my PC as for today... I wonder if there's any way to call to FGR to see how much time they will take but I don't think that's possible...

Any updates on your side?

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
It's weird because she mentioned they have a record that they received my documents on Nov 5th, 2019... (I guess she refered to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico), and in the emails I've been exchanging with them, they said they sent them to Mexican Authorities on Nov 1st... so... again, who knows? I don't believe they already have my PC as for today... I wonder if there's any way to call to FGR to see how much time they will take but I don't think that's possible...

Any updates on your side?
OK. I don’t have any updates, I am just waiting until they finally finish the process of the police certificate. I hope I won’t need to ask for a third extension. I sent them my documents three months and a half ago

Last edited:

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
So now 3 of us are on the same boat ( @Norma55 , @Kits ), where the documents were sent to FGR on Nov 1st and since then no update.. Let's keep each other updated on the progress.. I was not knowing that they send the document to FGR in batches ( looks like once a month)

Reactions: Kits

Shreech

Sep 27, 2019
Hello! I would send mine but not the wife's... If she's never been in Mexico.. and attach maybe a Letter of explanation? It's been more than a month since your question, what did you do??

I'm still waiting for any update regarding my Police Certificate, I sent my package, they sent it to FGR in Nov 1st, 2019 and still no updates in my profile... Unfortunately Mexican authorities takes forever to do any bureaucratic procedure, in person it takes 10 days or less but through the Canadian Embassy it can take 30-60 business days.. that's completely ridiculous! I just hope this results in ONLY delays in my application (I don't care if it takes 6, 8, 10 months as long as they approve my application), and not in a rejection cause they still don't receive my Police Certificate :(

Good luck paisano, and I hope your process goes smoothly.
Hi,

I sent only my details to the Canadian embassy in Mexico. I sent them on Dec 14 and they got it on 17th. The same was then sent to FGR on Dec 27th and haven’t got any update until then.

As you said you are waiting for the certificate, how did you buy more time in your express entry profile ? As IRCC gives only 60 days before which all additional documents requested to be uploaded.

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hi,

I sent only my details to the Canadian embassy in Mexico. I sent them on Dec 14 and they got it on 17th. The same was then sent to FGR on Dec 27th and haven’t got any update until then.

As you said you are waiting for the certificate, how did you buy more time in your express entry profile ? As IRCC gives only 60 days before which all additional documents requested to be uploaded.
Hello!

Well, I didn't "buy" any extra time before as I though once I sent my documentation on time, I did everything on my end to comply... then here another member commented that he asked for 2 extensions of time through the Webform tool and he suggested to me to do the same, so I did it, I sent documentation to support the message I sent in the webform (the documents the RCMP gave me when they took my fingerprints, the FedEx shipment summary and the emails between me and the Embassy of Canada in Mexico... that's it. That was on Monday and they haven't replied to that webform yet. However, the next day I called to IRCC (as you may already read), and the agent told me they have a record that my documents were received there, so I'm pretty sure they know you did your part as requested and there's no need to ask for an extension... BUT!! for your peace of mind (as I did, suggested for this other member here), you can do it too.

I hope this is helpful for you and I'm sorry if you are not from Mexico as I assumed (my bad) and called you "paisano", it was on a good sense and good intended. I surprisingly can see that not everybody here in need for a Police Certificate from Mexico, are in fact Mexicans! and have to go under months of waiting too!! So bad, we all here share the struggle! Good vibes to all of us! :)

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Hi,

Hi, you should ask for an extension through webform five days before the time expires (usually, it takes to an IRCC agent between three to five days to check the webform). If you don’t do it, the agent would not know what’s going on, there’s no good communication between Canadian embassy in Mexico and IRCC, then, they can’t know that the process to get the certificate takes longer than the time expected. It is your responsibility to ask for extensions. Norma55 is lucky because her agent was patient enough to continue with her process, but usually you must ask for more time before the due date.

After your IRCC agent reads your extension request, they send you an email to confirm that thanks to your request they know that the process is taking long and they give you a new due date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norma55

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hi, you should ask for an extension through webform five days before the time expires (usually, it takes to an IRCC agent between three to five days to check the webform). If you don’t do it, the agent would not know what’s going on, there’s no good communication between Canadian embassy in Mexico and IRCC, then, they can’t know that the process to get the certificate takes longer than the time expected. It is your responsibility to ask for extensions. Norma55 is lucky because her agent was patient enough to continue with her process, but usually you must ask for more time before the due date.

After your IRCC agent reads your extension request, they send you an email to confirm that thanks to your request they know that the process is taking long and they give you a new due date.
Hello!

I just got an email from IRCC regarding my Webform asking for extra time to provide the Police Certificate, they granted my request and gave me until March 01, 2020.

I wanted to thank you for letting me know, I'm glad I listened to you and did it right away, thank you!! I was lucky.

I just hope this does not take too much now... Any updates on your end?

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Hello!

I just got an email from IRCC regarding my Webform asking for extra time to provide the Police Certificate, they granted my request and gave me until March 01, 2020.

I wanted to thank you for letting me know, I'm glad I listened to you and did it right away, thank you!! I was lucky.

I just hope this does not take too much now... Any updates on your end?
Hello! You’re welcome! I’m happy because they granted you with more time.

On the other hand, I don’t have any news from IRCC neither the Canadian embassy. If they took holidays for a week, the due date would be this Friday (60 business days). It they were super lazy and took two weeks, it would be done next week. But who knows when they’ll finally send the certificate to Canada