+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi guys!

Anyone needed a police certificate from Mexico?
I saw that we shouldn't send it upfront, that CIC will ask for it and tell you where to go to take fingerprints and they will run the certificate.

Any experience here?

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey buddy !!!

Look if you can go to Mexico(in case you are Mexican or have family or friends there ) or even hire a “agent” to get the Police certificate DO IT!!! People normally got it in 10 days even sometimes in 5 !! In my experience I send it when the ask, to the embassy of Canada in Mexico is being 65 days since they got my fingerprints and still waiting!!!
So the best of lucks in your “odyssey” haha ;)

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hey buddy !!!

Look if you can go to Mexico(in case you are Mexican or have family or friends there ) or even hire a “agent” to get the Police certificate DO IT!!! People normally got it in 10 days even sometimes in 5 !! In my experience I send it when the ask, to the embassy of Canada in Mexico is being 65 days since they got my fingerprints and still waiting!!!
So the best of lucks in your “odyssey” haha ;)
Thank you so much for your feedback! Actually we can do it in Mexico in a couple of weeks!
Is basically the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales right?
I'm seeing on government page that they give you in the same moment!

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Thank you so much for your feedback! Actually we can do it in Mexico in a couple of weeks!
Is basically the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales right?
I'm seeing on government page that they give you in the same moment!
Nooo that is other thing ... the one that you need is “ACTA DE ANTECEDENTES REGÍSTRALES” that one take arround 10 days and like I said sometimes 5, that one you only can get it when a embassy give you a letter for request :) check in this page a group “police certificate Mexico-CONSTANCIA DE ANTECEDENTES REGÍSTRALES, over there is a lot of information :)

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
OMG! But for this one I have to wait for the request/oficial letter right?
Do you know how long it takes for CIC to send it? I'm December 10 applicant.
Thank you!! Gracias!!!

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
OMG! But for this one I have to wait for the request/oficial letter right?
Do you know how long it takes for CIC to send it? I'm December 10 applicant.
Thank you!! Gracias!!!
I got the letter in one day after I requested it from the Embassy. They won't get it done without the letter, aid it will only be valid for 30 days, so no point in getting them ahead of time.

Reactions: MirGer

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I got the letter in one day after I requested it from the Embassy. They won't get it done without the letter, aid it will only be valid for 30 days, so no point in getting them ahead of time.
So I will have to wait from CIC request before starting the process right ?

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
To anyone applying to get the PCC through the embassy of Canada in Mexico be aware that the time to get it, is so long
Sharing my time line
Documents send to MX ——— Jan 28
Documents received————— Jan 29
Documents send to PGR ——— Feb 22
Is being 71 days since they got my fingerprints and nothing or 47 days since they send to the PGR ... since last week I start to email one email per week I just did yesterday, anyone in the same boat or normally how long they take after they send to the PGR .... thanks for the help

Reactions: Diego_yeyo
Jun 4, 2019
To anyone applying to get the PCC through the embassy of Canada in Mexico be aware that the time to get it, is so long
Sharing my time line
Documents send to MX ——— Jan 28
Documents received————— Jan 29
Documents send to PGR ——— Feb 22
Is being 71 days since they got my fingerprints and nothing or 47 days since they send to the PGR ... since last week I start to email one email per week I just did yesterday, anyone in the same boat or normally how long they take after they send to the PGR .... thanks for the help

Hi Adrian, any news here?
I am in a similar situation. I have sent all my documents by December 13, and still haven't heard from them re certificate.

Let me know if you found an alternative or got your certificate already.

Best,

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi Adrian, any news here?
I am in a similar situation. I have sent all my documents by December 13, and still haven't heard from them re certificate.

Let me know if you found an alternative or got your certificate already.

Best,
Hello !!!
For me was 81 days to get the police certificate I’m inland (Toronto) after that one week to get AIP AND I DO T REMEMBER GOOD THE DATES but now I’m permanent resident and the Pr card took 15 days to be deliver to my place

Reactions: Diego_yeyo
Jun 4, 2019
Hello !!!
For me was 81 days to get the police certificate I’m inland (Toronto) after that one week to get AIP AND I DO T REMEMBER GOOD THE DATES but now I’m permanent resident and the Pr card took 15 days to be deliver to my place
Congrats on the PR. Could you please share the Canadian Embassy in Mexico e-mail with me, please? I've been waiting for 6 months now... frustrating...