POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments, I can share my timeline:
Apr 25: application submitted
July 4: IRCC requested police certificate
July 10: submitted documents for PC
July 12: Embassy in Mexico received documents according to DHL (emailed them 3 times asking receipt confirmation they never answered)
August 22: I sent extension via webform to tell them Police certificate was in process since I didn’t have a clue about when the PC was in process or not
Sep 14: They updated my tracker saying they received my request and also my background updated as completed (I assume they had everything)
October 14: they confirmed they had police certificate on my tracker but I never saw the document updated on my Express Entry application but my COPR number was already on my tracker
October 20: Received Portal 1 email.
In my experience then took like 3 months to get PC, but totally recommend send webform after 45 days of submitting documents.
Hi, At some point before you received the portal 1 email, did you see on your gckey Final Decision: (Date) Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. ?

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
*Update

Jun 15 - Application submitted
Aug 2 - Additional doc request for Mexican PCC
Aug 3 - AOR
Aug 4 - Sent PCC file to Canadian embassy in Mexico
Aug 9 - PCC file received in Mexico
Aug 10 - BIL / Pre-Arrival Letter / Eligibility Complete on portal
Aug 14 - Sponsor Approval
Aug 15 - Biometrics Completed
Aug 21 - Medical request
Aug 24 - Medical submitted
Aug 25 - Background check completed on portal
Sep 8 - AIP Letter
Sep 19 - Additional Medical Information requested
Sep 26 - Medical info submitted. (Requested just another x-ray/no TB or sputum testing)
Oct 26 - Medical Passed
Nov 2 - GC Key "Final Decision: Application is processing"
Nov 3 - Portal Invite email

*PCC took roughly 3 months for us.

Kashi2021

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
Good morning, how long does it take to get a email from IRCC after they received my pcc? And how long it takes to get my landed in Canada

astrip12

Aug 4, 2023
Good morning, how long does it take to get a email from IRCC after they received my pcc? And how long it takes to get my landed in Canada
are you inside Canada? If yes, that was my case and on the tracker get's updated that they have received the documents

Kashi2021

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
Yes am in Canada!! It’s been 2 months now IRCC received my pcc … I haven’t hear anything from them since July31 they sent me a email saying they need my pcc

Jun 12, 2023
Hi All,

I need to send the fingerprints now, can you please let me know how would I know which visa office is processing my case?

I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Thanks

astrip12

Aug 4, 2023
Hi All,

I need to send the fingerprints now, can you please let me know how would I know which visa office is processing my case?

I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Thanks
Why would you need that? I added the police certificate request to my fingerprint package.

I have everything complete on the tracker now, I never mentioned or know my visa office until portal 1.

astrip12

Aug 4, 2023
I
This is mentioned in the below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

"the following information about your file:
your file number
the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
your full name and date of birth"
I didn't add that, just letter from the IRCC but I guess you need to call the IRCC to know wich visa office is processing your case