POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

Sep 25, 2023
Can you share your timeline?
Sure.

- Mar 14, 2023: AOR
- Mar 30, 2023: Medicals passed
- Mar 30, 2023: Biometrics linked
- Mar 30, 2023: PPC request letter
- Apr 04, 2023: Canadian Embassy in Mexico received my documents (as per DHL; the Embassy never replied to any of my 20+ emails over the months)
- May 04, 2023: Eligibility completed
- Sept 20, 2023: Contacted MP to help get application moving
- Oct 04, 2023: Portal 1

Today I got an email saying that IRCC received my document (probably PPC) and my GCKey status was updated to decision made (before receiving the portal email). I also requested a PPC extension on May 15 (granted on July 24 for two months) and another on Sept 11.

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hello All,

I received my PCC on 28th September. Its updated on my tracker on 29th. Today it shows Background check is completed. Waiting for the Portal 1 email.

My documents were received by Embassy on 5th May.

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Sure.

- Mar 14, 2023: AOR
- Mar 30, 2023: Medicals passed
- Mar 30, 2023: Biometrics linked
- Mar 30, 2023: PPC request letter
- Apr 04, 2023: Canadian Embassy in Mexico received my documents (as per DHL; the Embassy never replied to any of my 20+ emails over the months)
- May 04, 2023: Eligibility completed
- Sept 20, 2023: Contacted MP to help get application moving
- Oct 04, 2023: Portal 1

Today I got an email saying that IRCC received my document (probably PPC) and my GCKey status was updated to decision made (before receiving the portal email). I also requested a PPC extension on May 15 (granted on July 24 for two months) and another on Sept 11.
At what time you got your Portal 1 email? how long it took since the PCC is updated in tracker?

ilopez84

Jul 10, 2023
Hey everyone, an update I finally received an email from IRCC, I received the email to “Confirm your permanent residence “ trough the permanent residence portal I am a little confused has anyone done this step yet?

db785

Sep 2, 2023
Hey everyone, an update I finally received an email from IRCC, I received the email to “Confirm your permanent residence “ trough the permanent residence portal I am a little confused has anyone done this step yet?
Congrats, When did the embassy receive your documents?

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Today I reached out to my MP because I'm also handling an issue with my PGWP. Anyway, she answered me and confirmed my PCC was received and is attached to my application; she said criminality and security have not started yet, but nothing is outstanding on my application.
I don't know if this will move things up, but at least now I know they have my Police certificate.

Reactions: satyaMexico

Shabadax

Sep 16, 2023
H

What kind of modifications did you see on your application?

Sorry for the late reply ; I actually could not see anything, just the bottom line with a date that had changed.

I have since then received a notification that they got my PCC on the 25th of September ; it then disappeared from my account the next day (+ a second line appeared on my documents to upload, one of them stating that I was late - though always asked for extensions on time) so I called them on the 26th and it seems it was a mistake.
They asked me to email them saying I had requested my PCC to the embassy (which I did or they wouldn't have received it...).

I was pretty annoyed so summed up the whole situation in a letter through the form (29th of September).
I then received an email on the 3rd of October saying they got it (second time...) and that my background check was in process.
On the next day I received my POE (4th of October). FYI the embassy had received my documents at the end of May (30th as I recall).

It has been such a long wait and this forum helped me a lot to follow up so I hope these infos can be of any help to those still waiting.
Good luck to all of you

astrip12

Aug 4, 2023
Hello All,

I received my PCC on 28th September. Its updated on my tracker on 29th. Today it shows Background check is completed. Waiting for the Portal 1 email.

My documents were received by Embassy on 5th May.
Hello! Prudhvi100, when did you sent your finger prints to mexico? Did you received an email or something from the embassay?

CeCoV

Mar 1, 2023
Hi all, I'm here to share my experience. I sent my application on April 22, letter for Mx police certificate first week of June, my documents were received by the Canada Embassy in Mexico on June 14, no news until today (Oct 10), I got my email to send IRCC my information so that they can open an account in the portal. Today was my day, I hope tomorrow or later today can be the day of someone else. The office that was processing my case was Etobicoke. Any other question I'm happy to answer. Good luck everybody!

Last edited:

astrip12

Aug 4, 2023
Hi all, I'm here to share my experience. I send my application on April 22, received letter for Mx police certificate first week of June, my documents were received by the Canada Embassy in Mexico on June 14, no news until today (Oct 10), I got my email to send IRCC my information so that they can open an account in the portal. Today was my day, I hope tomorrow or later today can be the day of someone else. The office that was processing my case was Etobicoke. Any other question I'm happy to answer. Good luck everybody!
Hello, how did you find out which office is processing your application?