+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Thank you for your help! The process ID is our application number right? Also, is the document already in English or will we have to get it translated?
Yes is the application number and it comes in Spanish so translation is needed. Good luck

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
I think he definitely got the wrong one, then. He got the Constancia de no Antecedentes Penales and the last sentence is just "Para los fines que convengan, se extiende la presente."
Yes its the wrong one... This one is at the FGR / PGR office, in person they take 10 days

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Yes is the application number and it comes in Spanish so translation is needed. Good luck
For translation, try a ATIO certified guy, getting an english translation from Mexico won't help as the affidavit would be required which will only be made available in spanish, so you're better off with a ATIO certified translator...

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Yes its the wrong one... This one is at the FGR / PGR office, in person they take 10 days
Thanks for the heads up! Would you know if the FGR offices in Mexico are open during this time? If not, is it possible to email the letter to them instead? Also - once you hand over the letter to them, how long before they give you the police clearance? :)

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! Would you know if the FGR offices in Mexico are open during this time? If not, is it possible to email the letter to them instead? Also - once you hand over the letter to them, how long before they give you the police clearance? :)
Sure! Yes, they are open (google shows the office as open for the state i am in currently). And no it has to be done in person as they’d take your fingerprints after you give them this letter, your photos and fill a form. The processing time for this letter is 10 days unless there is an issue, i am not sure if Covid aituation affects this.

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Sure! Yes, they are open (google shows the office as open for the state i am in currently). And no it has to be done in person as they’d take your fingerprints after you give them this letter, your photos and fill a form. The processing time for this letter is 10 days unless there is an issue, i am not sure if Covid aituation affects this.
Thank you so much for your help! Fingers crossed we can submit this supporting document to our application ASAP :)

Reactions: rdskhalsa

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
Yes! I have my documents returned to me. I sent them on May 2. They said that they was not receving the documents due to COVID-19. When is a good time to resend?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Yes! I have my documents returned to me. I sent them on May 2. They said that they was not receving the documents due to COVID-19. When is a good time to resend?
I'm experiencing the same problem. Can't get the official letter to give to the FGR to get the police certificate. Has there been any progress on your application since May 2? Have your medical exams been approved/you received the biometrics letter?

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
Yes:
1. I took the medical exams on january and they are already approved.
2. I received the police certificate request letter, I send all my documents but it was returned to me. Due date June 17. My immigration consultant is appling an extension because FGR and Canadian Embassy in Mexico are still closed working just on essential activities.
3. I received the biometrics letter but I cant make the appointment becuase it is closed. Due date July 17.

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Yes:
1. I took the medical exams on january and they are already approved.
2. I received the police certificate request letter, I send all my documents but it was returned to me. Due date June 17. My immigration consultant is appling an extension because FGR and Canadian Embassy in Mexico are still closed working just on essential activities.
3. I received the biometrics letter but I cant make the appointment becuase it is closed. Due date July 17.
Did any of these updates happen after they asked for your police certificate? My situation now is that I have not received a biometrics letter or had my medical exams approved yet. They asked for a PCC for my common-law partner who is Mexican but we can't get it yet because everything is closed. I'm worried that there will be no progress on my application until I can submit that PCC. :confused:

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
No, I dont think so. I think they haven't sent you the biometics letter request becuase they are closed. But, yes. you are right there will be no progress on our applications until we submit all documents.

When are you going to resend your documents for the PCC? Or are you planning to go to Mexico?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi again! I have another question - on the website of FGR, one of the requirements for constancia de antecedentes registrales is the Cartilla o precartilla del servicio militar nacional (smn). My partner is trying to get all the requirements for his PCC but he is confused about this. Can someone explain this a bit more? And how do we get this?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
No, I dont think so. I think they haven't sent you the biometics letter request becuase they are closed. But, yes. you are right there will be no progress on our applications until we submit all documents.

When are you going to resend your documents for the PCC? Or are you planning to go to Mexico?
My partner (he is a dependent on my application) is the one who needs to submit the PCC, we've sent an email to the Canadian Embassy asking for the official letter to give to the FGR but they are still closed. He's already in Mexico so hopefully when they open it will be a quick process :(

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
Yes sure! He should know, the Cartilla del servicio militar is a document required just for men, they have to get that document by doing social sevice for the army in Mexico when they turn 18 years old. Did he never get it? It would be so strange, because as far as I know it is also a requirment for the passport too (I'm women I'm not sure)...