+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

kuroko

Oct 5, 2017
Hi, guys!

I'm a little bit clueless about all this process and I'll really appreciate some help, so far this is my timeline:

Submitted documents to CIC - Sept 11th
Docs sent to Mexico - Sept 9th
Docs received Mexico - Sept 22th

On September 19th I've received a message from CIC telling me that I have 60 days to finish my application, I feel like the time is not on my side, since the delivery it wasn't quite express(even though I paid for that...) and as well the terrible earthquake.

My question here is, how I can contact CIC for having an extension? so far I still need to contact IRCC Visa Office in Mexico City. to know where are my documents, but after doing that is where I'm lost.

Any help I will be awesome.

Last edited:

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
The office resumed activities this Monday (2nd) :)
I got in touch with the PGR on Monday and they informed me that the department that is in charge of processing the police cretificate had not resume activites yet. I will try to send them another message to see if they are back to work now

degm

May 31, 2017
I got in touch with the PGR on Monday and they informed me that the department that is in charge of processing the police cretificate had not resume activites yet. I will try to send them another message to see if they are back to work now
Who told you that? I went there myself yesterday to pick up my PCC (I´m FSW not CEC so the process is done by the applicant directly). They´re not in their usual offices due to the earthquake, however the PCC staff is sharing spaces at PGR Metropolitana, on Col. Doctores, in Mexico City. They are processing PCCs.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Who told you that? I went there myself yesterday to pick up my PCC (I´m FSW not CEC so the process is done by the applicant directly). They´re not in their usual offices due to the earthquake, however the PCC staff is sharing spaces at PGR Metropolitana, on Col. Doctores, in Mexico City. They are processing PCCs.
I contacted them via Twitter and Facebook one week ago, and then again on Monday and I was told that they were not issuing police certificates yet. But that's great news that they are back to work now, thanks for letting me know

degm

May 31, 2017
I contacted them via Twitter and Facebook one week ago, and then again on Monday and I was told that they were not issuing police certificates yet. But that's great news that they are back to work now, thanks for letting me know
Yes, I contacted them over social media over the past couple of weeks and they had no idea about anything. Then I dialed the 1800 number and after a few transfers I was able to find out what was going on. You guys should be able to get your PCCs soon ;)

ikrl

Mar 18, 2017
Hello all,

I am very confused about this procedure. I initially thought that I had to obtain the police certificate before submitting all of my documents (after getting the ITA) but now I understand that this should have been done the other way round. I sent my documents to the embassy in Mexico City on September 11 and have been waiting for a response from them because it is the last document that I am missing. I am very concerned about having sent the documents for the Police Check before submitting all my files to the CIC. Additionally, I don't understand what I need to provide as proof of having submitted my request for a police check? I don't have any email from the embassy in Mexico City that acknowledges that they received it.

Do you guys think that I will need to send my documents again?

Thanks!

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hello all,

I am very confused about this procedure. I initially thought that I had to obtain the police certificate before submitting all of my documents (after getting the ITA) but now I understand that this should have been done the other way round. I sent my documents to the embassy in Mexico City on September 11 and have been waiting for a response from them because it is the last document that I am missing. I am very concerned about having sent the documents for the Police Check before submitting all my files to the CIC. Additionally, I don't understand what I need to provide as proof of having submitted my request for a police check? I don't have any email from the embassy in Mexico City that acknowledges that they received it.

Do you guys think that I will need to send my documents again?

Thanks!

I think it was actually a good idea. It will speed up your application, now you can submit you PR application, just in the box where you have to attach the police certificate, attached a document that states "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate". Once the embassy in Mexico city gets the police certificate they will send it directly to the visa office that processing your application, you will never see it.

You can contact the embassy in mexico city, this is the email MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca ask them if they got your doccuments, and if they were sent to the Mex Aut. they usually respond the same day.

Good luck!

mmorelu

Oct 12, 2017
Hola,

Soy nueva en el foro, estoy muy confundida con todo este proceso para solicitar el Police Certificate a México. Soy aplicante Inland, mande los documentos necesarios al VAC en México, y mande un email para saber si ya los mandaron a las autoridades mexicanas, todavía no me contestan. Por lo que veo el proceso se tarda y mi fecha límite para entregarlo está cercana, mi pregunta es que como puedo pedir una extensión atravesó de la webform o en general, como o donde se puede pedir una extensión para la fecha?

Muchas gracias y suerte a todos

Charlie1986

Oct 14, 2017
Hello to all, I believe I need a time extension of the deadline they gave me to upload my PCC, Im an inland applicant so I did it through the embassy in Mexico City, they gave 30 days so Im looking to ask for an extension, but Im wondering if I have to do that on the CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY or some other email. Help please!!!

CORENCIO

Oct 20, 2017
Hola,

Soy nueva en el foro, estoy muy confundida con todo este proceso para solicitar el Police Certificate a México. Soy aplicante Inland, mande los documentos necesarios al VAC en México, y mande un email para saber si ya los mandaron a las autoridades mexicanas, todavía no me contestan. Por lo que veo el proceso se tarda y mi fecha límite para entregarlo está cercana, mi pregunta es que como puedo pedir una extensión atravesó de la webform o en general, como o donde se puede pedir una extensión para la fecha?

No estoy seguro de que tengas un deadline ya q seguramente ya mandaste tu aplicación y solo falta el PCC. Yo estoy en las mismas esperando a la PGR que no ha dado respuesta al consulado, estoy tratando de investigar q tanto es el atrazo por lo del temblor, por otro lado vi en la página del CIC qué hay atrasos en los tiempos de procesamiento por el sismo lo q me dice q están conscientes de tiempos prolongados.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hello to all, I believe I need a time extension of the deadline they gave me to upload my PCC, Im an inland applicant so I did it through the embassy in Mexico City, they gave 30 days so Im looking to ask for an extension, but Im wondering if I have to do that on the CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY or some other email. Help please!!!
I'm on the same boat as you, my lawyer told me to send a message explaining my situation thought this webpage:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
No estoy seguro de que tengas un deadline ya q seguramente ya mandaste tu aplicación y solo falta el PCC. Yo estoy en las mismas esperando a la PGR que no ha dado respuesta al consulado, estoy tratando de investigar q tanto es el atrazo por lo del temblor, por otro lado vi en la página del CIC qué hay atrasos en los tiempos de procesamiento por el sismo lo q me dice q están conscientes de tiempos prolongados.
Si hay un deadline, debe estar indicado en la carta que recibiste por parte de CIC donde te piden el Police certificate, en mi caso la carta indica que tengo 60 dias para enviarselos.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hola,

Estoy en la misma situacion que tu, mi abogado me indico que podia pedir una extension mandando un mensaje en este link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
I had to get fingerprints taken in Los Angeles to send to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico for the Police Certificate. Los Angeles police stations do not help private citizens with fingerprinting - instead they say to find a third party fingerprinting service (like through phonebook/online). We did this, but are concerned it's not a police agency like the instructions say. Anyone have luck with this?

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hey guys, just wondering how long it takes (for express entry applicants - Canadian experience class) to get the PPR once CIC has received your Mexican police certificate..

Mine was sent to CIC on September 5, and just yesterday the additional documents box changed to "Additional documents provided have been uploaded". Then this morning this same status changed to "the additional documents provided are being reviewed".

Any idea of how long it takes from this point to receive a PPR? Just so I stop checking my CIC profile every 2 hrs..

Thanks!
Hi Again,
I would like to ask you a question, when you got your PPR, did the letter mention something regarding your passport (how long it should be valid)? I am waiting for the PPR but my passport will expire in 3 months and I wonder if I should renew it.

Thanks a lot