App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Any news guys?? I'm still waiting! How about you?? In two days it will be 4 months since they received!!

ian_amos

Mar 30, 2015
Nada, still waiting...

What's the last thing or message you received from both parts? CIC and the Canadian embassy?

I wonder how did it go with Frenchfrance.

We should be able to get it ourselves by a third party, with a power of attorney. I heard that's the way it is done for the EE applicants

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
ian_amos said:
Nada, still waiting...

What's the last thing or message you received from both parts? CIC and the Canadian embassy?

I wonder how did it go with Frenchfrance.

We should be able to get it ourselves by a third party, with a power of attorney. I heard that's the way it is done for the EE applicants
Can anybody give reference for any third party with whom we can talk and get it done??
Thanks

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
Hello guys

Is there any news from anyone?

For the guys that have received it.... after getting how long does it take to get the final decision?

Damn PGR / mexican authorities for being so shitty... cuantos mas Peña nieto? cuantos mas??

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ian_amos said:
We should be able to get it ourselves by a third party, with a power of attorney. I heard that's the way it is done for the EE applicants.
That's not true! EE applicant here, two weeks ago I received a message from CIC saying they needed a Mexican police certificate as part of my background check.

They linked me to these two webpages:
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
2. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

The first website links to PGR's official website:
3. http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

And then included this message in bold:
[quote author=CIC]Please apply for the requested documents promptly to avoid any further delay. The results of these certificates will be sent directly to CIC.[/quote]

As you can see on the 1st website it says that "Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications". Also the 3rd website says "El tiempo para la expedición de la constancia es de 10 días hábiles una vez que se cumplan todos los requisitos aquí señalados".

I sent all of the required documents as per (1) to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City two weeks ago, so 10 working days have already gone by but I haven't heard anything from CIC and my status still shows up as "documents pending".
I don't know what to do. I will wait a few more days and if I still hear nothing about them I will try to contact them.

ian_amos

Mar 30, 2015
pixelfrontier said:
That's not true! EE applicant here, two weeks ago I received a message from CIC saying they needed a Mexican police certificate as part of my background check
I see. What I had heard is that EE applicants send their Constancia with the initial application (complete package) after receiving the invitation. Thanks for the comment

What I find odd (and a little bit ridiculous) is that we have to do it thought the embassy; even when the PGR website suggests that we could do it indirectly with a power of attorney. For this I know for sure, it does not take more than 2 weeks.

ian_amos

Mar 30, 2015
banchos22 said:
Any news guys?? I'm still waiting! How about you?? In two days it will be 4 months since they received!!
What is CIC-Ottawa view on this? Have they given more time besides then initial 60 days?

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
ian_amos said:
What is CIC-Ottawa view on this? Have they given more time besides then initial 60 days?

Ottawa initial gives me 60 days, then give me 45 more and after give me an other 45, in the last email the VO. Said they will open my case 15 days after the last 45 that means 60 days total.

I'm now on day 25 I'm still having 20 days more to receive news from the embassy in Mexico, if I don't have news by day 45 I will submit again an extension to provide this document.

4 months already! Let's keep our hope up!

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
ian_amos said:
My application is with New Delhi Visa office. Initially they gave 1 month extenssion and then when I asked for extenssion they did not reply me anything since April 1st week. I have got reply from Mexican CIC they say 'they have informed New Delhi VO regarding my case, so you do not have to ask for extension'.

I think they are aware of mexican PCC delayed timings.
I am still wondering how much I have to wait.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
I will send my prints after jun 9, because I am waiting for my wife's, unfortunately I have to do it that way. I have until July 21, do is going to be very tight.
My son was 18 here, so he does not need it.
I am so frustrated with all this, I am not working since march 29. Because I am waiting a new working permit with a new employer. So far now is 77 days from that, and it does not seems to finish soon.
Now I gave to deal with this 2 things at the same time. End of my rant.

So where should I send my prints, please?

Gracias.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

Let me share some information I got while I was in Mexico.

Some of you know that few weeks ago I emailed the canadian embassy in Mexico city and I asked if I could get the constancia by myself, they replied with a letter addressed to the director of PGR in Mexico city in order to process the constancia. Since I don't live in Mexico city I went to the PGR branch located in Toluca. They accepted the letter given by the embassy and the constancia is in process, my brother will pick it up this Monday (it takes 10 business days) and mail it to me, as soon as I get it I will send it to Ottawa. Once I was at the PGR in Toluca I explained to this lady my situation I told her that I have requested the constancia 5 months ago through the Canadian Embassy, she told me that as far as she knows the canadian embassy don't send any documents to request the constancia on behalf of us but she confirmed that they have issued constancias for immigration purposes, she also told me that usually the applicants apply by themselves or send a relative/friend with a simple "carta poder" to request it.
Before returting to Canada I had the chance to go to Mexico city and stopped by the PGR over there, I had a talk with this guy in charge of issuing the constancia and I explained my situation, he told me this: "There were some kind of diplomatic issues between the canadian embassy and the PGR, so the PGR stopped issuing constancias requested through the canadian embassy, apparently since January the PGR hadn't issued any constancia for the canadian embassy but both parties have reached and agreement and the PGR started again working on the constancias two weeks ago" Unfortunately, there is not a data base to check how long it will take to get the constancia for the people who have requested through the canadian embasssy.
Once I send my constancia to Ottawa, I will post any news I get from them.

ian_amos

Mar 30, 2015
As we say in Mexico (and maybe in all Latin america): "ya salió el peine"

Thank You so much frenchfrance for sharing this

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Wow, thanks for the information Frenchfrance, but how about when they told you that your documents has been sent to the PGR on February 6?

I'm wondering what is going on? The embassy told me and Pablo pv4 that our informe was sent to the PGR on first week of February, I just hope Ottawa get soon those documents. More than 4 months waiting!

I will email Mexico again to see what's is going on!

Keep us up dated about your case Frenchfrance! Maybe all of us we will need go to Mexico to do the paperwork for ourselfs!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Any updates here?

banchos22 said:
Wow, thanks for the information Frenchfrance, but how about when they told you that your documents has been sent to the PGR on February 6?

I'm wondering what is going on? The embassy told me and Pablo pv4 that our informe was sent to the PGR on first week of February, I just hope Ottawa get soon those documents. More than 4 months waiting!

I will email Mexico again to see what's is going on!

Keep us up dated about your case Frenchfrance! Maybe all of us we will need go to Mexico to do the paperwork for ourselfs!

artecita

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
amartinez1660 said:
Hi! Thanks a lot for the info!
Had a question though, that Miguel de Cervantes Address appears here: at cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

But not here (the one I received with the email from CPC Ottawa requesting police certificate):
cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
(This one has no address at all)

And the address that appears online for the Canadian embassy in Mexico is:
Canadian Embassy, Immigration Services, schiller 529 colonia bosque de chapultepec delegacion miguel hidalgo 11580 ciudad de mexico df

I'm torn now... I feel like sending it to the Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra since it's the one that you have tried here...

I was in the same boat as you, called several friends and well, it didn't went well. It seems that the Canadian website wants us to fail, it is so frustrating. I also went to the PGR website and they were asking for several other documents, friends even told me to send my papers to my relatives with a "carta poder"... it was madness. I am going tomorrow to get my finger prints and photos done.
Also I did noticed that the dates modified on both pages vary from 2011 to 2015, the last one being more recent. Meaning they forgot to add the address? Is there a phone numer to call them, I've been looking everywhere and I've not found anything.