Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
You gotta wonder if it's worth to do the other way .. The one you get the letter from the embassy and ask a relative to do it for you .... Apparently takes 10 days .... Would Sydney / Ottawa accept this ?

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
You gotta wonder if it's worth to do the other way .. The one you get the letter from the embassy and ask a relative to do it for you .... Apparently takes 10 days .... Would Sydney / Ottawa accept this ?
There's still the issue that the PGR would require a letter from Canadian Immigration to issue the Constancia, it must be addressed to a specific person according to the PGR site, if you were applying to the PR from Mexico the embassy would give you that letter, in Spanish, to obtain the document. I don't know if you can get that letter if you ask the Canadian Embassy or CIC and you are in Canada.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hi everybody,

I just want to share the next information. As you know I sent my documents the first week of February and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Last week I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico asking about the status of my police certificate, also I mentioned that I will be travelling to Mexico this week (tomorrow) so I asked if I could request the police certificate by myself. Yesterday I received their reply, it was the generic reply but also they attached the letter to request la Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales in Mexico city, it is addressed to Lic. Angel Jorge Aguirre Gonzalez. I dont live in Mexico city so I will try to get it in the state where I am from, if it is not possible I will have to travel to Mexico city.
Also I heard that the Consulate General of Mexico issues a letter to request the Constancia by a third party, we just need to send the documents to a relative/friend and a power of attorney (carta poder simple) so they can go to the PGR and request it. Now my question is: Will CIC accept the certificate that has been requested by ourselves/a relative? or will they accept only the certificate that the Canadian embassy in Mexico will mail to them?

Check the PGR website for more information.

I am getting really frustrated, to get this document is taking longer than the PR proccess. . . .

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
Hi everybody,

I just want to share the next information. As you know I sent my documents the first week of February and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Last week I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico asking about the status of my police certificate, also I mentioned that I will be travelling to Mexico this week (tomorrow) so I asked if I could request the police certificate by myself. Yesterday I received their reply, it was the generic reply but also they attached the letter to request la Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales in Mexico city, it is addressed to Lic. Angel Jorge Aguirre Gonzalez. I dont live in Mexico city so I will try to get it in the state where I am from, if it is not possible I will have to travel to Mexico city.
Also I heard that the Consulate General of Mexico issues a letter to request the Constancia by a third party, we just need to send the documents to a relative/friend and a power of attorney (carta poder simple) so they can go to the PGR and request it. Now my question is: Will CIC accept the certificate that has been requested by ourselves/a relative? or will they accept only the certificate that the Canadian embassy in Mexico will mail to them?

Check the PGR website for more information.

I am getting really frustrated, to get this document is taking longer than the PR proccess. . . .
Hi Frenchfrance, can you please post the email you sent and the reply you got from the embassy? It doesn't matter if it's the generic reply.

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
I thought about doing the Same , sending my mom or brother but one of the papers they ask if " cartilla militar" and I have no idea of where is Mine .... It's for
Sure lost somewhere .

You can get a replacement at the Mexican consulate but to get it you need to provide your cartilla # so it's about the same crap

Do you know for sure the documents you need to attach to send someone?

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
Will CIC accept the certificate that has been requested by ourselves/a relative? or will they accept only the certificate that the Canadian embassy in Mexico will mail to them?
They should accept that document, but I assume that it will need to be translated.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
Hey Pablo,
This is what i sent:

Enquiry: I have sent my documents to request the Informe de Datos Registrales, the documents were received on February 3rd, 2015. Last week I received a second reminder letter from CIC-Ottawa, asking for my police certificate. I have 30 days to provide the certificate otherwise they will make a decision on my application. Is it possible you can provide me a summary of the status of my police certificate application? Any advice how I can explain this to the CIC-Ottawa office? I will be visiting Mexico next week, can I request the police certificate by myself?

This it what i got:

Mr. Ruiz,

Your application is in process and you will be advised when police clearance has been completed. However, we are unable to advise of processing times at this time as third party processing times are involved and outside of our control, you can request the document with the attached letter directly at the PGR offices. Please visit the following website in order to obtain more information on how to apply for a federal police certificate in Mexico:
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

mtymexmontreal, check the previous link and you will find al the information to request la constancia.

Frenchfrance

Jan 12, 2015
mtymexmontreal said:
I thought about doing the Same , sending my mom or brother but one of the papers they ask if " cartilla militar" and I have no idea of where is Mine .... It's for
Sure lost somewhere .

You can get a replacement at the Mexican consulate but to get it you need to provide your cartilla # so it's about the same crap

Do you know for sure the documents you need to attach to send someone?
Hey, you or a relative need to go Palacio municipal or Delegacion where you enrolled to obtain la cartilla, they will need your full name, date of birth and the year when you enrolled with this information they will be able to provide you the matricula number.

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Wow!, it's just so frustrating ! That we don't know when we can have news!

I saw in this forum on a different topic that a guy went all the way to Mexico to process the Constancia and at the end the Vo didn't accepted because it wasn't through the Mexican embassy.

So if I were you frenchfrance I will call CIC to to see if is ok doing all that paperwork and who needs to translate or certificate the translation of the document.

For what I have talked to pablo_cv4 and I can see on the message of frenchfrance we received the same email with the same words. So I guess they don't really write you down a personalize email.

The worst thing is I called PGR and they said they don't have any contact or do any type of paperwork for embassies the lady said embassies do it by themself I guess kind of secret intelligence service or they have a database of people with criminal record. I don't know is just what I think. Or the lady didn't have that information.

On may 26 it will be 4 months since they received my documents so, I'm waiting until May 20 to send Again an email asking but if they say still in process I will need to contact Ottawa for 4 time to ask for more time.

Let's hope for the best.

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
Cuantos mas peña Nieto ?? Cuantos mas ?????

ian_amos

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know of a recent case/application where they received their Constancia?
Is this the normal processing time? Or this is a special situation?

I heard about people applying inside Mexico and from different countries (for different PR) and apparently it took them no more than 2 weeks to get it!

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
ian_amos said:
Does anyone know of a recent case/application where they received their Constancia?
Is this the normal processing time? Or this is a special situation?

I heard about people applying inside Mexico and from different countries (for different PR) and apparently it took them no more than 2 weeks to get it!
Can anybody comment on this? At least we would be able to know that how much we have to wait...4 months, 6 months, 8 months??
This unending wait is just frustrating.

Rondamon

Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

I will soon be in the same situation as most of you. I'm expecting to receive the police certificate request from CIC sometime next month. In order to save some time I'm thinking of sending the documents to the Canadian embassy in Mexico sometime this week.

Do you know if this can be done, even if I haven't received the request letter from CIC? Shaving off a month of waiting time would be great.

banchos22

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
hi

I dont know how long it will take to get this document. I cant find somebody to explain to me acording to their experience how long it take to get it.

What I found online on this website http://blog.fingerscan.ca/obtaining-police-certificate-from-mexico/ is that it takes 60-90 business days. to get them through the canadian embassy in Mexico.

On the first email I got from the embassy says takes 30-60 business days! now Im on day 82!

lets see if I get news in the next 10 days when i will be over the 90 business days!

any news guys?

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Is this the address of Canadian embassy in Mex City where you send it?

Schiller 529, Miguel Hidalgo, Bosque de Chapultepec (Polanco), 11580 Ciudad de México, D.F., Mexico

Did you send any other letters(like explaining that you need Mex PC) except things they ask which are passport copy, fingerprints, photos, file number and name?