+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for time in Canada

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

After no response from IRCC for my parents PR applications for half a year, last week we finally received the request for biometric, medical exam and police certificate. In the request it says a police certificate in Canada is needed if my parents spent over 6-month time in Canada (which they did); however, by checking the IRCC website it says police certificate is not needed for time spent in Canada, so I'm quite confused whether or not they need one. As they are currently outside Canada, it's quite inconvenient for them to get one in Canada. Thanks in advance for your help.

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
If they requested ,then yes you need to get it.
Does it say RCMP fingerprint based record?

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they requested ,then yes you need to get it.
Does it say RCMP fingerprint based record?
Thanks. It provides a link in the email which directs me to the RCMP fingerprint based record request.

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
Thanks. It provides a link in the email which directs me to the RCMP fingerprint based record request.
Yes ,I had to do that for my PR application.
Go to the closest police station and show them the letter . They will take the fingerprints and photo and make the request to RCMP for you. Make sure the address you have is correct , because the records come in the mail from RCMP headquarters in Ottawa.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes ,I had to do that for my PR application.
Go to the closest police station and show them the letter . They will take the fingerprints and photo and make the request to RCMP for you. Make sure the address you have is correct , because the records come in the mail from RCMP headquarters in Ottawa.
My parents are not in Canada, so the process is a headache for them. And I've got mixed responses regarding whether or not a PCC is needed for the time spent in Canada. So confused...