+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate for Spouse

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
Hi guys,
I am asking on behalf of my friend.
Does he need to submit a police certificate with his applications (spouse sponsorship)?
CIC used to ask police certificate at the end of process.

Asaleh85

Jan 11, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19/02/2019
AOR Received.
04/04/2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
15-09-2021
Med's Done....
10-10-2021
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
Yes. Now you have to provide police certificates when you apply or right after you apply.It saves you a lot of time if you prepare it before-hand. I know with some countries it takes a few months to get your certificates so you can always apply and then when they come in you could upload them via WEBFORM. They need police certificates for every country you’ve lived in since you turned 18 for a span of 6 months or longer.

Hope this helps

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
From Page 7 of the checklist (imm5533e), you have to submit the police certificate at the beginning of the application, except from certain countries. You can check at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

My spouse is from Ethiopia, which is one of the countries that you can't actually get a police certificate without an official request from another government or agency, so as per the instructions on the checklist, we submitted a "Request for Police Certificate" form instead. Around the time I was approved as a sponsor and we received the biometrics request, we got an official letter from IRCC to give to the Ethiopian police. We had the police certificate in a couple days and uploaded it to website.

Reactions: MoE93 and Asaleh85