+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for PR outland

ERPL

Mar 30, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions, I hope you guys can help.

I am going to apply to Permanent Residence out land. My common-law is canadian and he is going to sponsor me. So my questions are:

1. I have lived for more than 6 months in my home country and in Canada. Do I need to ask for Police Certificates for both countries or just my home country? Also, in the guide it says that "You and your family members who are 18+ must provide a Police Certificate". I am the only one being sponsored by my canadian common-law partner. My family has no intention of coming to Canada. Do I have to ask for my parents and sister's police certificate too? Does my canadian common law partner have to ask for his police certificate too? This is so confusing...

2. Do I also have to present the medical examination of my family too? or just mine?

3. They also ask for 8 photos for each member of my family and yourself. Again, this would apply on my case? or do I just need 8 photos of myself?

Thanks a lot guys!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
ERPL said:
Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions, I hope you guys can help.

I am going to apply to Permanent Residence out land. My common-law is Canadian and he is going to sponsor me. So my questions are:

1. I have lived for more than 6 months in my home country and in Canada. Do I need to ask for Police Certificates for both countries or just my home country? Also, in the guide it says that "You and your family members who are 18+ must provide a Police Certificate". I am the only one being sponsored by my Canadian common-law partner. My family has no intention of coming to Canada. Do I have to ask for my parents and sister's police certificate too? Does my Canadian common law partner have to ask for his police certificate too? This is so confusing...

2. Do I also have to present the medical examination of my family too? or just mine?

3. They also ask for 8 photos for each member of my family and yourself. Again, this would apply on my case? or do I just need 8 photos of myself?

Thanks a lot guys!
Hi, to begin Common law need a lot of supporting documents...
and make sure that you can prove more than one year of living together...
so, if he is in Canada now I wonder how its going to work ???? but I don't have full information....

1 )You need to have police certificate in all places you have lived.... you will need to ask the Canadian consulate
about your time in Canada, as if you were as a visitor it may not apply...
but you will need to clarify with them
In order to get a police certificate you will need a SIN from Canada.... and if you did not get a SIN you man not
have to submit police certificate from Canada..... you may say in your application that you were visiting Canada....
and that would be sufficient. You are the only one that have to present police certificate, not your parents, siblings or sponsor.

2) If you are the only one that will be immigrating to Canada, then you are the only one that need to submit the medical.

3) Again, if you are the only immigrating you are the only one that need to submit pictures. Remember that the pictures are of the applicant

Good luck

8)

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
You have to send a police certificate from every country where you lived for at least 6 months EXCEPT Canada.
If CIC wants a Canadian police certificate they will ask you later but you don't have to provide it in advance.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

And even 6 months of continuous visiting (not living) counts when it comes to police certificates.

And no you do NOT need a SIN number for a Canadian police check. The SIN number is only for employment and taxes. No other agency/business is allowed to ask you for you SIN number. Service Canada told me this after I asked them if the bank is allowed to ask for a SIN number when opening a bank account and they are not allowed to do so.