03-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
07-07-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Hello,

We are hoping to get our PR application in by the end of May, early June at the latest. Our problem is that we had applied for my bf's Japanese police certificate (he lived in Japan for 2 years) back in late March because they told us it would take 6-8 weeks, but we actually received it in just 4 weeks. The date on the envelope says April 9, 2010, so I guess the certificate 'expires' in the CIC's eyes by July.

My worry is, since the CIC requires 3 months validity on the police certificate, and it will take at least one month for my sponsorship application to be approved, that means the PR application won't make it London (where we're applying) until late June, early July. Does that mean my bf should apply for another Japanese police certificate?

I read on some threads that as long as the certificate's valid when the CIC receives your application, then it's okay, but does that mean when they receive the application in Mississauga, or in London?

I

iarblue

One it reaches CIC mississauga your in the clear.It has to be valid when it reaches mississauga as that is where they do the 1st stage if they require one the visa office will let him know.Until then dont worry.

loverly

Mar 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
07-07-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
I'm wondering if I should tell my bf to go ahead and apply for another certificate while we're at it...I don't want to have to wait an extra 6-8 weeks if CIC-London decides to ask us for a new Japanese certificate.

This also reminds me, he was living with me in Canada for the past year (just went back to the UK last week), so does that mean he might also need to get a Canadian police certificate? I know the CIC website says they will let us know if they require one, but I think it's totally stupid if we have to wait for another certificate to be issued...

I

iarblue

well the canadian one he should get the china no cause even if you get them they still expire in process right it just has to be valid as the app goes in to mississauga