+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Siblings (HELP)

Eva3094

Sep 20, 2019
Hello,My mum and brother are PR holders in canada.My brother is 13 so I can’t claim points with him.Can I claim points with my mother?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,My mum and brother are PR holders in canada.My brother is 13 so I can’t claim points with him.Can I claim points with my mother?
No - you cannot claim points for your mother.

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
I have taken the risk to apply. I hope it pays off. However I have a cumulative score of 446 without the sibling points.
No one tends to have an idea of how to handle this matter
Did you get the pr

Alihaider001

Jan 26, 2021
Hi,

I would like to seek your advise on my application for permanent residency.

As at the time i was creating my profile for the express entry pool, my sibling had been sent a confirmation letter of her PR being approved but she is yet to relocate to Canada and she is yet to receive her PR Card but i added in my profile that i had a sibling with permanent residency and i have been invited to apply for permanent residency. My sibling is arriving in Canada in few weeks and i have until April 25th to submit my application which by then she would have received her PR Card.

I would like to know if my application could be disapproved for this reason if i go ahead and submit my application including a copy of her PR Card as prove.

I would appreciate your advise on this issue.

Thank you.
I am in the same situation . how you managed?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in the same situation . how you managed?
You need to show that your sibling is living in Canada and has been for at least 6 months to claim the points. If not residing in Canada, you can’t claim points. Under mandatory documents for EE,

• Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Alihaider001

Jan 26, 2021
You need to show that your sibling is living in Canada and has been for at least 6 months to claim the points. If not residing in Canada, you can’t claim points. Under mandatory documents for EE,

• Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
my sister just got married, her husband who is Canadian citizen just applied for her PR, now she is expected to get her PR by June or July. Now this six months prior submission is something beyond my knowledge.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my sister just got married, her husband who is Canadian citizen just applied for her PR, now she is expected to get her PR by June or July. Now this six months prior submission is something beyond my knowledge.
What do you mean...beyond my knowledge. It is under the mandatory documents. You can’t claim points until your sister is living in Canada and proves she is.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will only be able to claim points for your sister once she is officially a PR and living in Canada. You cannot claim points at this time. She is not a PR.