+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP within Canada - owner sold the workplace

knp

Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys
I need some help and advice
I have applied my PR through SINP. And I am on open work permit.
As if now, I have received my file number from federal. But the problem is the employer who issued my SINP sold the workplace. As the new employer agreed to have me hired on the same position in the Burger King franchise.
Now I am a bit worried, if I need to submit any new documents to IRCC, as this falls in the category of change employer or something. Because all my documents were from the previous owners. My nomination letter also says the name of previous owners.

Do I need to start from scratch or there is a way to save the progress?
Really confused
It will be really great if you guys can provide me with information
Thank you

tandpteam

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-12-2017
I'd leave it as is. It becomes more serious if you need to extend your work permit thou. The bridging open work permit is only applicable if you have no employment restriction, so if your SINP doc prints your old employment, you can't extend your work permit to work anywhere else. So if your PR at federal level has been more than half way, medical done, background check in progress, and you still have room in your current work permit, then just don't worry about that.

Having said that, sometimes it's good to talk to the SINP office, they mght understand the situation, ask you for few documents, and update your nomination package.

Just my advice.

knp

Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for advice
But the thing is background check is in process, no medical yet
Just got the application number a month ago

So don't know what to do

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hey
I applied under international Skilled Worker- employment offer
So your nomination has employment restrictions? In that case you should make sure that your new employer is still willing to help you with your SINP and then you should call SINP and have them update the employer name on your certificate. They will need information on your new employer as well.

When does your work permit expire?

knp

Nov 20, 2017
So your nomination has employment restrictions? In that case you should make sure that your new employer is still willing to help you with your SINP and then you should call SINP and have them update the employer name on your certificate. They will need information on your new employer as well.

When does your work permit expire?
My work permit expiers in 2019
And i called SINP, they told me that they dont need anything right now but i could leave them an email
And SINP will tell me if they need anything