15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
Hi friends,
I landed on July 29th at Toronto Pearson Airport. My landing experience was no different from what has been described by others on the forum.

I was given a declaration card by the aircrew a few hours before the aircraft was to land in Toronto. There is one declaration card for each family and it requires you to declare cash over CAD10,000, goods to follow as well as other things.
When you land, you go the passport control area where there are queues for visitors as well as Canadian citizens/permanent residents. People coming for landing have to stand in the visitors queue.

The CBSA officer checked our passport, stamped the declaration card and sent us to another hall which was for new immigrants. This hall has two three types of counters.

First type is for processing of landing documents where a CBSA officer will sign/stamp the COPR, keep one form and give back the other form. This COPR is a very important document which also serves as an identity document until a PR card or Canadian driving license is issued. They also ask for a Canadian address where they should mail your PR cards. If you don't have an address, you can give a friend's address.

After finishing with the first counter, we went to the second counter which is for Service Canada who will process your Social Insurance Number (SIN). They give the SIN number right away while the SIN card comes in mail at your address later. You will need the SIN number for several things in Canada. This counter is open only on working days during daytime. If you are landing on a weekend/holiday or during night-time then you will have to visit a Service Canada office later on to get your SIN.

The third counter gives you some informational material about life in Canada, health insurance application pack, child tax benefit application pack etc.

After this you go to baggage claim, get your luggage and stand in queue to exit the airport building. If you have cash over CAD10000, bank draft, jewellery, goods to follow you should tell the CBSA officer near the exit and he will send you to another room where they will sign/stamp the cash/financial instruments declaration form, jewellery pictures and goods to follow list etc.

I hope everyone of you lands smoothly and wish you lot of success in Canada.

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Our medical results has been received by CIC. Now my question is, what's the timeframe given by CIC for us to send them our passports? My husband and I has planned a 3week trip home and to SG. I want to make sure we make it before the time given to us to submit our passports lapse. Is it 30, 45 or 60 days from request?

Many thanks,

Pauoi

TheDuchess

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
August 2013
AOR Received.
January 2014
File Transfer...
January 2014
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
polay_ph said:
Hi Everyone,

Our medical results has been received by CIC. Now my question is, what's the timeframe given by CIC for us to send them our passports? My husband and I has planned a 3week trip home and to SG. I want to make sure we make it before the time given to us to submit our passports lapse. Is it 30, 45 or 60 days from request?

Many thanks,

Pauoi
Hello, if I may ask, when did you do your medical and how long did it take before your ecas changed to Medical Received? We've done our medicals last 31st May and the physician sent the results online on 9th June however until now, the ecas shos IN PROCESS.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
TheDuchess said:
Hello, if I may ask, when did you do your medical and how long did it take before your ecas changed to Medical Received? We've done our medicals last 31st May and the physician sent the results online on 9th June however until now, the ecas shos IN PROCESS.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Hi TheDuchess,

We went last Jul26 for our medical in AL Zahra hospital in Sharjah. I am not sure when the status changed to Medical Received as I only checked this morning. But according to the attending nurse in the clinic, they normally forward the results online to CIC 2working days after we finished the medicals. It may have taken longer for us here due to the Eid Holidays.

You'd need to click on the link that says > In Process < then it will give you a list of the actual status of your application. Ours only states Medical Results received but no mention of the date received.

When you click the < In Process > link , you will find a list like this one:
1. Received your application on > date <
2. We started processing your application on > date <
3. Medical results has been received.

Goodluck. :)

TheDuchess

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
August 2013
AOR Received.
January 2014
File Transfer...
January 2014
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
polay_ph said:
Hi TheDuchess,

We went last Jul26 for our medical in AL Zahra hospital in Sharjah. I am not sure when the status changed to Medical Received as I only checked this morning. But according to the attending nurse in the clinic, they normally forward the results online to CIC 2working days after we finished the medicals. It may have taken longer for us here due to the Eid Holidays.

You'd need to click on the link that says > In Process < then it will give you a list of the actual status of your application. Ours only states Medical Results received but no mention of the date received.

When you click the < In Process > link , you will find a list like this one:
1. Received your application on > date <
2. We started processing your application on > date <
3. Medical results has been received.

Goodluck. :)
Thanks polay_ph. I wonder whats taking ours a long time for them to receive. Our ecas shows only 2 lines. When they received it and when they started processing.

It's been 2 months now since the panel pysician submitted our medical results online. And I have a proof of that which i forwarded to the VO to let them know that we've completed it.

According to others here in the forum, their medicals were received within 2-4 weeks after it is done. I really pray for some updates in our application this week.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
polay_ph said:
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks,

Pauoi
Hi Polay_ph (Pauoi), from others' time line, it could be any where between 8 to 10 weeks.

Ideally the next step is PPR (passport request) followed by DM (Decision made) and then return with stamp.
You also get 30 days to submit the passport from that PPR date.
So you have enough time for your home+SG trip.

However, now-a-days most of the pnp nominees are being screened further and more 'additional docs' are being requested. This causes more delay, anxiety and uncertainty. See other threads if you want to be updated in advance. Hope it is not applicable to your application although.

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Hi Indian applicant,

thanks for your response. Looking at current PPRs, I can see that most applicants waited between 3-4weeks. My worry is that if it comes the dates may become a little bit tricky for us. We don't want to have delays with our trip as the course my husband is taking has a fixed schedule.

Well, I think there is nothing else to do but, wait, again. And pray loads.

Regards,
Paoui

maazeeliansp

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Saudi Arabia(PAKISTAN)
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-12-2011
Nomination.....
00-05-2012
AOR Received.
00-06-2012 CIO
File Transfer...
00-05-2013 In Process
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 ECAS MR received 04-08-2014
Passport Req..
16-10-2014 Alhumdulillah
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
May, 2015 inshAllah
TheDuchess said:
Thanks polay_ph. I wonder whats taking ours a long time for them to receive. Our ecas shows only 2 lines. When they received it and when they started processing.

It's been 2 months now since the panel pysician submitted our medical results online. And I have a proof of that which i forwarded to the VO to let them know that we've completed it.

According to others here in the forum, their medicals were received within 2-4 weeks after it is done. I really pray for some updates in our application this week.
Hi, TheDuchess,

My medical has been done on 8th July, 2014 but till now there is no any update in ECAS still two lines same as yours.

what is your country of residence? I am in KSA nd medical done from Jeddah Etoile Clinic.

regards.

TheDuchess

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
August 2013
AOR Received.
January 2014
File Transfer...
January 2014
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
maazeeliansp said:
Hi, TheDuchess,

My medical has been done on 8th July, 2014 but till now there is no any update in ECAS still two lines same as yours.

what is your country of residence? I am in KSA nd medical done from Jeddah Etoile Clinic.

regards.

Hi maazeeliansp,

We've done ur medicals a month before you. I am from UAE and did our medicals in Dubai. Appreciate if you could keep me posted once your ECAS status changes.

Thanks.

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
TheDuchess said:
Hi maazeeliansp,

We've done ur medicals a month before you. I am from UAE and did our medicals in Dubai. Appreciate if you could keep me posted once your ECAS status changes.

Thanks.
Hi TheDuchess,

I just realized you mentioned sending your Medical results copy to the VO. I don't think you're supposed to send your copy to them.

Also, one factor maybe due to the clinic not being an E-medical capable clinic. Which means all correspondence between clinic and VO is done electronically hence faster. If the clinic you went to wasn't E-medical capable then that might be one of the reasons is taking longer for your status to be changed to received medical results.

Im sure there's good reason why it's taking a while just stay positive.

Regards,

Paoui

TheDuchess

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
August 2013
AOR Received.
January 2014
File Transfer...
January 2014
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
polay_ph said:
Hi TheDuchess,

I just realized you mentioned sending your Medical results copy to the VO. I don't think you're supposed to send your copy to them.

Also, one factor maybe due to the clinic not being an E-medical capable clinic. Which means all correspondence between clinic and VO is done electronically hence faster. If the clinic you went to wasn't E-medical capable then that might be one of the reasons is taking longer for your status to be changed to received medical results.

Im sure there's good reason why it's taking a while just stay positive.

Regards,

Paoui
Hi polay_ph,

I didn't send our medical results to the VO because we never got a copies it. What I sent to them was the e-medical information sheets proving that our medical test results were submitted to the CIC online.

Keeping our faith high and hoping for some good news this week.

maazeeliansp

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Saudi Arabia(PAKISTAN)
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-12-2011
Nomination.....
00-05-2012
AOR Received.
00-06-2012 CIO
File Transfer...
00-05-2013 In Process
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-10-2014 Alhumdulillah
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
May, 2015 inshAllah
TheDuchess said:
Hi maazeeliansp,

Thanks.
Hi TheDuchess,

Don't you worry once it changes InshaAllah I will immediately let u know. Just need to pray. InshaAllah, soon there will be next step.

regards.

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
lawrence2007 said:
Hi friends,
I landed on July 29th at Toronto Pearson Airport. My landing experience was no different from what has been described by others on the forum.

I was given a declaration card by the aircrew a few hours before the aircraft was to land in Toronto. There is one declaration card for each family and it requires you to declare cash over CAD10,000, goods to follow as well as other things.
When you land, you go the passport control area where there are queues for visitors as well as Canadian citizens/permanent residents. People coming for landing have to stand in the visitors queue.

The CBSA officer checked our passport, stamped the declaration card and sent us to another hall which was for new immigrants. This hall has two three types of counters.

First type is for processing of landing documents where a CBSA officer will sign/stamp the COPR, keep one form and give back the other form. This COPR is a very important document which also serves as an identity document until a PR card or Canadian driving license is issued. They also ask for a Canadian address where they should mail your PR cards. If you don't have an address, you can give a friend's address.

After finishing with the first counter, we went to the second counter which is for Service Canada who will process your Social Insurance Number (SIN). They give the SIN number right away while the SIN card comes in mail at your address later. You will need the SIN number for several things in Canada. This counter is open only on working days during daytime. If you are landing on a weekend/holiday or during night-time then you will have to visit a Service Canada office later on to get your SIN.

The third counter gives you some informational material about life in Canada, health insurance application pack, child tax benefit application pack etc.

After this you go to baggage claim, get your luggage and stand in queue to exit the airport building. If you have cash over CAD10000, bank draft, jewellery, goods to follow you should tell the CBSA officer near the exit and he will send you to another room where they will sign/stamp the cash/financial instruments declaration form, jewellery pictures and goods to follow list etc.

I hope everyone of you lands smoothly and wish you lot of success in Canada.
Welcome to Canada!
We have different procedure upon landing, they may because we've landed in Vancouver.
Only the application for the PR card they submitted to us.
We applied for SIN to Service Canada nearby yo our place.
While Child Benefits/Allowance we just mail via fax.

maazeeliansp

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Saudi Arabia(PAKISTAN)
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-12-2011
Nomination.....
00-05-2012
AOR Received.
00-06-2012 CIO
File Transfer...
00-05-2013 In Process
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-10-2014 Alhumdulillah
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
May, 2015 inshAllah
TheDuchess said:
Hi maazeeliansp,

Thanks.
Hi, Just I checked third line have been added in ECAS. Medical result have been received.

regards.