lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
znarfier said:
NiqNok13, Pachochay, Munde, Tabs, all seniors:

Is it always true that the processing time in Abu Dhabi is 22 months and 12 months only in Manila?

Being a Filipino applicant residing in UAE, can I personally choose the Visa Office that will process my application? or is it CIC/MPNP who's choosing it?

Will they base it on the applicant's country of origin (nationality) or the applicant's present location (residency).
I suggest stay with abu dhabi visa office because I got my visa within 10-11 months.
also there might not accept you transfer :p

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
znarfier said:
Hello Mosby, thanks for your timely feedback and advise!

I might try the same, choose Manila... and we'll see... :)

Thank u very much and have a great week ahead!
I would advise to complete all necessary documents stated on the lists such as (NBI,police clearance) pay the RPRF togerther with the processing fee, if you are married include also the CENOMAR as they request it to a married couples.

this could fasten your application..

on my part i already waiting for my PPR on my 5 1/2 months application since i included all the possibilities that they might required to request.

NiqNok13

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-00-2013 (CIO)
Nomination.....
11-29-2012
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
IELTS Request
together with the application to MPNP
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
11-18-2013
Med's Done....
11-30-2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
13-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 6, 2014 (hopefully)
znarfier said:
NiqNok13, Pachochay, Munde, Tabs, all seniors:

Is it always true that the processing time in Abu Dhabi is 22 months and 12 months only in Manila?

Being a Filipino applicant residing in UAE, can I personally choose the Visa Office that will process my application? or is it CIC/MPNP who's choosing it?

Will they base it on the applicant's country of origin (nationality) or the applicant's present location (residency).
hi kabayan,

here are the answers to your questions :
1. it's not always 22 months they say its the maximum.maybe dependes on your case. most of us got our visa less than a year. we got our visas 10 months after AOR.

2. you can wirte in your application your prefered VO but its upon CIC to decide to which VO your case will be handled.
3. MOstly it depends on whwre you are currently residing. in your case it will probably be ADVO.

hope it helps:)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NiqNok13 said:
hi kabayan,

here are the answers to your questions :
1. it's not always 22 months they say its the maximum.maybe dependes on your case. most of us got our visa less than a year. we got our visas 10 months after AOR.

2. you can wirte in your application your prefered VO but its upon CIC to decide to which VO your case will be handled.
3. MOstly it depends on whwre you are currently residing. in your case it will probably be ADVO.

hope it helps:)
correct for quebec it was 36 months then 29 months and we got in 10/11 months ;D

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
lemans207 said:
I suggest stay with abu dhabi visa office because I got my visa within 10-11 months.
also there might not accept you transfer :p
I agree, znairfer should stay with ADVO. Most of the applicants on this forum got their processing in less than the displayed 22 months time and your case shouldn't be any different. Being from Pakistan, I was expecting my case to take longer than the average time but thankfully I got the visa in approx 18 months. This includes some delay on my part where I wasted nearly 3 months in collecting some documents requested by ADVO. Secondly, being in UAE, it will be quicker to submit your documents to the visa office which will save time/cost.

roayns

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2011
Doc's Request.
October 2012
Nomination.....
January 2013
AOR Received.
May 28 2013
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
November 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov'13;Medical Furtherance Dec.4 2013 Cleared Feb5 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 19, 2014; Submitted May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2014
LANDED..........
July 18, 2014
Mosby said:
That explains.... Well, I'm sure if not next week, within this week your passports with the much awaited visa will be in your hands. :D

Do you think my hubby and I should renew our passports now to avoid delays when our PPR comes? Our passports are expiring in March 2015 but I know that it should be renewed 6 months before expiry which means renewal should be in September 2014. We are torn between renewing it now or after getting the passports post-PPR. What do you suggest?
When your application turned to in process? We cannot tell when you gonna receive you PPR but be ready anytime, maybe by July or even next month. My sister's case is: application turned to in process by January 2014, Medical request by March & PPR end of April or 1st week of May if I am not mistaken. Now, if you plan to travel immediately after getting you visas, its fine. But if you plans to travel early next year then better to renew now to avoid any delays/problems.

Mosby

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
MPNP
AOR Received.
July 18, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 11, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2014, Ecas-Medicals Received: March 17, 2014
roayns said:
When your application turned to in process? We cannot tell when you gonna receive you PPR but be ready anytime, maybe by July or even next month. My sister's case is: application turned to in process by January 2014, Medical request by March & PPR end of April or 1st week of May if I am not mistaken. Now, if you plan to travel immediately after getting you visas, its fine. But if you plans to travel early next year then better to renew now to avoid any delays/problems.
Thanks very much Roayns! I think we will just renew it the moment they return our passports after PPR.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medotanta said:
good morning

iam qsw ,avo
and iam did medical exam in march

What time is expected to get a vis?

mahmoud
when did u submit ur application , your aOR date? Meds?

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
itguy29 said:
big congrats polay,

looking forward on your future updates. ;D hopefully our group will have a smooth updates soon.
Hello itguy...

thanks much. hey, i know this has already been discussed numerous times but i'd like to ask how we can get our nbi clearance from here? as advised by niqnok, we are now in the last steps in getting the clearance, we already have the signed and stamped forms returned to us by the phil consulate. we are stuck, as we do not know where to actually send these forms. and how long it will take to be returned to us. will an authorization letter to a friend or family member be enough to get the clearances on our behalf? or do we still need to mail the forms directly to nbi taft? will it make the 45days deadline given to us which is before 17jun? thanks again.

roayns

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2011
Doc's Request.
October 2012
Nomination.....
January 2013
AOR Received.
May 28 2013
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
November 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov'13;Medical Furtherance Dec.4 2013 Cleared Feb5 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 19, 2014; Submitted May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2014
LANDED..........
July 18, 2014
Mosby said:
Thanks very much Roayns! I think we will just renew it the moment they return our passports after PPR.
Ur always Welcome!! That was our original plan(to renew my hubby's passport after PP with visa received) Originally I submitted our passports to ADVO last March 30, 2014, with cover letter mentioning also that hubby's PP is soon expiring October). 3 days after, a visa officer called me & explained some important points:
1) Visa office can use current passport to issue the COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence) but, visa validity will be shortened from Dec5, 2014 to Oct 16, 2014 because COPR will be based on the shortest PP validity.
2) Visa officer said once PP will be renewed, we need to notify ADVO & send the whole family passports again to ADVO for COPR amendment which she said may cost AED 60-90 per passport.

Ask opinions from seniors also regarding this issue.

smile_2good

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP
Nomination.....
APRIL, 13
AOR Received.
July, 13
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
May, 14
Med's Done....
May, 14
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
(PPR-1 = 21-July-2014) + (PPR-2 = 29-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In sha ALLAH sooooooon
LANDED..........
In shaa ALLAH AUG, 14
Today New status line added to ECAS, Medicals results Have been received

what and when next? :)

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
polay_ph said:
Hello itguy...

thanks much. hey, i know this has already been discussed numerous times but i'd like to ask how we can get our nbi clearance from here? as advised by niqnok, we are now in the last steps in getting the clearance, we already have the signed and stamped forms returned to us by the phil consulate. we are stuck, as we do not know where to actually send these forms. and how long it will take to be returned to us. will an authorization letter to a friend or family member be enough to get the clearances on our behalf? or do we still need to mail the forms directly to nbi taft? will it make the 45days deadline given to us which is before 17jun? thanks again.
hi polay,

what i did on my part was, i made an authorization letter for my family that they can process my nbi clearance for finalization.. (just to make sure that there would be no any delays or interruption, because time is important).. I sent them my un-finish NBI clearance through DHL so that they can receive the document within a week.

If I am not wrong they got my NBI clearance from the NBI HQ within a week approximately( I don't remember if there is an option to expedite the processing and if there is an extra charges) after they received the most awaited NBI clearance they immediately send it back to me through the same Courier.

It took me almost 3 weeks before i receive my NBI in saudi arabia. ;D

Mosby

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
MPNP
AOR Received.
July 18, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 11, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2014, Ecas-Medicals Received: March 17, 2014
roayns said:
Ur always Welcome!! That was our original plan(to renew my hubby's passport after PP with visa received) Originally I submitted our passports to ADVO last March 30, 2014, with cover letter mentioning also that hubby's PP is soon expiring October). 3 days after, a visa officer called me & explained some important points:
1) Visa office can use current passport to issue the COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence) but, visa validity will be shortened from Dec5, 2014 to Oct 16, 2014 because COPR will be based on the shortest PP validity.
2) Visa officer said once PP will be renewed, we need to notify ADVO & send the whole family passports again to ADVO for COPR amendment which she said may cost AED 60-90 per passport.

Ask opinions from seniors also regarding this issue.
Now I have several questions. Be patient with me please... :-[

1. You need to have entered Canada already before the COPR expires, right? So even if for example they base it on the passport which is near expiry, as long as you intend to land in Canada before that date, would it matter?

2. Is it possible to attach the new passports to the old passport (with the COPR) if for example we decide to renew it after getting the visas? Will there be any problem upon entry to Canada as the visas are stamped on the old passports and not on the new ones?

The reason why we are undecided with the passport renewal is because it takes so long to renew the passports here and we are worried that if we renew it and the PPR comes, we might not be able to hand our passports asap. Another reason is that we plan to go to the Philippines first before landing in Canada which is when we plan to renew our passports. It is faster, as far as we know, unlike here where you have to wait for months... :(

Anyways, when do you plan to land in Canada?

Seniors, any thoughts on our dilemma?

NiqNok13

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-00-2013 (CIO)
Nomination.....
11-29-2012
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
IELTS Request
together with the application to MPNP
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
11-18-2013
Med's Done....
11-30-2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
13-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 6, 2014 (hopefully)
Mosby said:
Now I have several questions. Be patient with me please... :-[

1. You need to have entered Canada already before the COPR expires, right? So even if for example they base it on the passport which is near expiry, as long as you intend to land in Canada before that date, would it matter?

2. Is it possible to attach the new passports to the old passport (with the COPR) if for example we decide to renew it after getting the visas? Will there be any problem upon entry to Canada as the visas are stamped on the old passports and not on the new ones?

The reason why we are undecided with the passport renewal is because it takes so long to renew the passports here and we are worried that if we renew it and the PPR comes, we might not be able to hand our passports asap. Another reason is that we plan to go to the Philippines first before landing in Canada which is when we plan to renew our passports. It is faster, as far as we know, unlike here where you have to wait for months... :(

Anyways, when do you plan to land in Canada?

Seniors, any thoughts on our dilemma?
Hi Mosby,
1. on my opinion it will not matter as long as you enter Canada before your CoPR expires.The problem that I can see in this is that if the point of departure (Philippines) will allow you to leave the country with a passport that is near to expire. If your passport is more than 6 months before your CoPR expires then you are OK..
2. Sorry I don’t have any idea regarding this.

I am on that exact same situation after MR. (Dec.2013) Passport will expire Sept 2014. I anticipated the worst case scenario. By mid January I let my wife go home to renew her passport. She got it after 10 days.
I think you too should anticipate the worst case scenario and plan accordingly. To avoid hassles and waste of money. ( remember we will need those money when we settle) so better be wise in spending them 