+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - October-November-December 2016 Applicants

tlta

Dec 20, 2017
I did my upfront medical for ee in May 2017. Now i am using PNP and i received MR on Monday Jan 8th 2018. I cannot reach cic since monday. Can anyone advice if its advisable to use same medical result or not?

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I did my upfront medical for ee in May 2017. Now i am using PNP and i received MR on Monday Jan 8th 2018. I cannot reach cic since monday. Can anyone advice if its advisable to use same medical result or not?
Send them a case specific enquiry and proof of medical done and they'll update your file.

jackdinh

Jun 8, 2017
Hi,

Same situation here
I wonder if i can use my e-medical from Express entry for my paper based application as well? I applied under PNP paper based stream 2016 and just got medical request Jan 8th 2018. Since it would be such a long wait from paper stream, i went ahead to apply for Express Entry as well and submitted everything there, my medical passed and BG is IP2 from EE now. So, i wonder if i can use my E-medical to submit for my paper stream or should i do something else?

On my paper stream, the status of my medical is "we are reviewing the results of your medical". Could it be that they are using the results from my e-medical from EE?

Really appreciate your help.

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

Same situation here
I wonder if i can use my e-medical from Express entry for my paper based application as well? I applied under PNP paper based stream 2016 and just got medical request Jan 8th 2018. Since it would be such a long wait from paper stream, i went ahead to apply for Express Entry as well and submitted everything there, my medical passed and BG is IP2 from EE now. So, i wonder if i can use my E-medical to submit for my paper stream or should i do something else?

On my paper stream, the status of my medical is "we are reviewing the results of your medical". Could it be that they are using the results from my e-medical from EE?

Really appreciate your help.
It shouldn't be a year old. When you go for medical- it doesn't matter which stream you apply under, they do medical for everybody the same way. It is valid for 12 months. You can call CIC and tell them that it was already done on so and so date and they will update your file. I personally, sent them case specific enquiry and also mailed the papers to them- Letter of explanation, Proof of Medical done and the form that they sent me to do medical again. You can do either or both.

jackdinh

Jun 8, 2017
It shouldn't be a year old. When you go for medical- it doesn't matter which stream you apply under, they do medical for everybody the same way. It is valid for 12 months. You can call CIC and tell them that it was already done on so and so date and they will update your file. I personally, sent them case specific enquiry and also mailed the papers to them- Letter of explanation, Proof of Medical done and the form that they sent me to do medical again. You can do either or both.
Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply,
Cuz my medical stat shows" We are reviewing the results of your medical" when i got the MR yesterday but i havent submitted one for my paper base stream so I already sent them a case enquiry explaining about this and included a copy of my e medical to make sure.

Thanks for the advice, that would save me another medical exam.

Regards,
Jack

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply,
Cuz my medical stat shows" We are reviewing the results of your medical" when i got the MR yesterday but i havent submitted one for my paper base stream so I already sent them a case enquiry explaining about this and included a copy of my e medical to make sure.

Thanks for the advice, that would save me another medical exam.

Regards,
Jack
Do not worry about that Jack. They change the status to 'We are reviewing' when they ask you for medical and until they review the results- it remains the same. I think it takes about 10 days and they'll change the status to 'Medical passed' as long as everything is good.

jackdinh

Jun 8, 2017
Do not worry about that Jack. They change the status to 'We are reviewing' when they ask you for medical and until they review the results- it remains the same. I think it takes about 10 days and they'll change the status to 'Medical passed' as long as everything is good.
Thanks to you again,

Btw, do you know how long does it take to get to PPR after medical passed from paper stream?
If we have a PPR already, do we need to apply for BOWP when our work permit expires to wait for DM?

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks to you again,

Btw, do you know how long does it take to get to PPR after medical passed from paper stream?
If we have a PPR already, do we need to apply for BOWP when our work permit expires to wait for DM?
Im an August 24 applicant. I haven't received PPR yet. I guess they are taking their time - 18 months complete.
And, I am not really sure about work permit, I would suggest to call CIC.

Yifanfengshun

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
feb 1, 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018