+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - October-November-December 2016 Applicants

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Folks,

Could you please help me here; I have submitted a paper base application for PR-ON-PNP
Considering 16 months processing time for paper based PR-PNP, Do you think it's worth applying again for express entry under Canadian experience ?

Here's my timeline;
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 6, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2017.

Reactions: BCPNP_INTER_GRAD

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Folks,

Could you please help me here; I have submitted a paper base application for PR-ON-PNP
Considering 16 months processing time for paper based PR-PNP, Do you think it's worth applying again for express entry under Canadian experience ?

Here's my timeline;
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 6, 2017.
I think you are an inland applicant. If yes, must go for it. First check eligibility criteria carefully.

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
I think you are an inland applicant. If yes, must go for it. First check eligibility criteria carefully.
Thanks for your reply. What's the eligibility criteria you are referring to ? I have received an EE-CEC invitation a month ago, But haven't proceed with that yet. I am just considering all cost associated with the new application-- around $ 2080 that including my spouse.

Any idea when the 16 months clocking starts for the paper based ? Is it from the date that the application has been received (November 16, 2016.) OR after the processing started (February 6, 2017) ?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Thanks for your reply. What's the eligibility criteria you are referring to ? I have received an EE-CEC invitation a month ago, But haven't proceed with that yet. I am just considering all cost associated with the new application-- around $ 2080 that including my spouse.

Any idea when the 16 months clocking starts for the paper based ? Is it from the date that the application has been received (November 16, 2016.) OR after the processing started (February 6, 2017) ?
Nov. 16

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017

Hi I think given that you have already started to receive correspondence from them, I think you should wait it out. Also the 16 month timeframe does not apply for everyone as processing speed is dependent on Visa office. So apart from the cost factor of applying under EE you can also look at where your application is now. But either way if you feel you cannot wait any longer, the choice is yours!

Reactions: myson

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Folks,

Here's my timeline;
Also depending on the VO that your application is at, as well as having received 2 notifications from them, this should be factored. Have you already received your medical request? But at the end of it, if you are able to cover the costs for the additional application, then I say to for it...but factor the other things b4 making a decision. Hope i have helped!

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Also depending on the VO that your application is at, as well as having received 2 notifications from them, this should be factored. Have you already received your medical request? But at the end of it, if you are able to cover the costs for the additional application, then I say to for it...but factor the other things b4 making a decision. Hope i have helped!
Thank you for your reply,

I am inland applicant, I think that my VO in Sydney, NS. I haven't received a medical request yet.

I am able to covers all the cost for a new EE application, But it seems sound is not right to walk away from this PNP paper base which cost me around (1500 for Ontario nomination plus 2080 for federal PR).

According to current timeline I should be 7.5 month away from completing PR mystery !!

So if i accept the EE invitation I should save 1.5 months -- too costly for only 1.5 months.

Also, My current working permit has been bridged and going to expire again on June 2018. I am just thinking what if things goes wrong with paper base and the final decision passed June 2018, Can i get another working permit bridge ?

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Thank you for your reply,

I am inland applicant, I think that my VO in Sydney, NS. I haven't received a medical request yet.

I am able to covers all the cost for a new EE application, But it seems sound is not right to walk away from this PNP paper base which cost me around (1500 for Ontario nomination plus 2080 for federal PR).

According to current timeline I should be 7.5 month away from completing PR mystery !!

So if i accept the EE invitation I should save 1.5 months -- too costly for only 1.5 months.

Also, My current working permit has been bridged and going to expire again on June 2018. I am just thinking what if things goes wrong with paper base and the final decision passed June 2018, Can i get another working permit bridge ?
Hi I understand your predicament, but as you have indicated it doesn't sound like incurring that extra cost would be worthwhile. You have until June 2018 b4 your work permit expires....plus paper based is midway to completion to possibly save maybe 3 months if you do via EE. Also I do not think anything would happen to your current application. But as I said...choice is yours.

Reactions: Nasa2n2

BCPNP_INTER_GRAD

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Folks,

Here's my timeline;
Hi Bro
may i ask what requirement they asked on March 14th and May 3rd?

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi I think given that you have already started to receive correspondence from them, I think you should wait it out. Also the 16 month timeframe does not apply for everyone as processing speed is dependent on Visa office. So apart from the cost factor of applying under EE you can also look at where your application is now. But either way if you feel you cannot wait any longer, the choice is yours!
Good response.

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello Guys,

My application was received Nov 24th, AOR Feb 2nd.
In April, I got a message from CIC asking me to send in my PCC and pay my RPRF.
Which I did early May, but since then my application was not updated. I received an email update saying they did receive my paperwork.

It still says on my account " Your action is required "

I thought the processing time was 16th months, but after reading a lot in this forum. Ppl say you get the PR 1 year after the medical which is a concern to me.

I have just created a new account and have applied for EE ITA pool since I am eligible for CEC.

Do you think its worth the money ? Keep in mind I am single applicant.

My BOWP expires December due to Passport expiry but I am not worried about it because I can apply to renew it with the AOR and the expired BC PNP nomination.

Your insight would be appreciated :D

Thank you

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hello Guys,

My application was received Nov 24th, AOR Feb 2nd.
In April, I got a message from CIC asking me to send in my PCC and pay my RPRF.
Which I did early May, but since then my application was not updated. I received an email update saying they did receive my paperwork.

It still says on my account " Your action is required "

I thought the processing time was 16th months, but after reading a lot in this forum. Ppl say you get the PR 1 year after the medical which is a concern to me.

I have just created a new account and have applied for EE ITA pool since I am eligible for CEC.

Do you think its worth the money ? Keep in mind I am single applicant.

My BOWP expires December due to Passport expiry but I am not worried about it because I can apply to renew it with the AOR and the expired BC PNP nomination.

Your insight would be appreciated :D

Thank you
Then,we are in the same boat.

• myCIC is experiencing glitch that y you are reading " Your action is required "
  • PR 1 year after the medical , ARE you sure !!
  • As you are single go for it, first and foremost get the ITA first. IF you apply a new application you will lose around $550! because they will refund the RPRF for one of your applications, that takes 6-8 weeks.
  • BOWP you know what you r going to do.

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Then,we are in the same boat.

• myCIC is experiencing glitch that y you are reading " Your action is required "
  • PR 1 year after the medical , ARE you sure !!
  • As you are single go for it, first and foremost get the ITA first. IF you apply a new application you will lose around $550! because they will refund the RPRF for one of your applications, that takes 6-8 weeks.
  • BOWP you know what you r going to do.
Thanks for the reply,

Yeah I want confirm the timeline of the PR after medicals before I go ahead and apply for EE, I am currently waiting for the ITA first.

Do you mind updating this thread if any changes happened to your online account?

It seems like a lot have a glitch happening.

Thanks

palex066

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
March 14th, right of permanent residence fee.
May 3rd, I have been requested to resend one of my police certificate. ( I lived more than 6 months in 3 countries).
The next step here appears to be the Medical as they have already asked you for RPRF and PC so you are almost there! But if you have no problem incurring the additional costs and running the 2 applications concurrently...then go for it! They would cancel one when the other one has been approved.