Sep 17, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
March 23, 2018
I am thinking the same thing. It's been 13 months since I submitted my application and it's really getting on my nerves. I wish I could have waited for another 6 months to apply express. Now I have to pay the application fee twice smh
According to IRCC's website the waiting time is 19 months... if I don't hear anything in the next two months I'll apply through EE, it's so annoying I want to get my PR before Trudeau gets kick out lol

MetricHydra

Sep 18, 2018
I have applied paper-based Alberta PNP application in Nov 2017

Application submitted Nov 17, 2017
Application received Nov 23, 2017
File Number created Jan 23, 2018

I had to extend my open work permit till Apr 2019 using AINP Certificate (Letter of Support) because my work permit was about to expire in May 2018. After I updated my open work permit, I got a request for my medicals & police certificate.

Request for Medicals & Police Certificate May 4, 2018
Submitted Police Certificate & Cleared Medicals May 31, 2018
My background check is still in progress till date as of now.

Now the main issue I have is about my open work permit which is going to expire again in Apr 2019 and as of everyone knows that the processing time is 19 months for paper-based PNP Applications.

And the other main issue I have: I have to travel to India for my wedding in Feb 2019 and planning to return back to Canada by 2nd week of Mar 2019. So could I extend my open work permit again using AINP Letter?

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I am under PEI PNP critical worker stream (paperbased). My timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.

Today I just linked my application to my Gckey account, here is what it comes up with:

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The tricky thing was my post graduate work permit was going to expired in Oct, and I cannot extend my open work permit because of the restriction on my nomination paper showed "yes" (which means I cant change my job either )and in the meantime I will be laid off in two weeks. So does anyone have any ideas or suggestion what I can do? will I get any trouble? I am so concerned and frustrated!
Your timeline and my timeline are 100% same.
My “signature “ is my timeline.

Mostly you will get PPR by October.

For the last minute backup:

OPTION 1: try to extend closed WP with current employer (but employer has to pay employer compliance fee $230). You can get closed WP at US-Canada border before the day your PGWP expires.

OPTION 2: Try to apply paper based WP extension before 10 days of your PGWP expires. Then, you will be in implied status.
Paper based WP processing time is more than 100 -days (I think so. Check it online). In the meantime you will get PPR.

Reactions: appleleave

appleleave

Sep 17, 2018
Your timeline and my timeline are 100% same.
My “signature “ is my timeline.

Mostly you will get PPR by October.

For the last minute backup:

OPTION 1: try to extend closed WP with current employer (but employer has to pay employer compliance fee $230). You can get closed WP at US-Canada border before the day your PGWP expires.

OPTION 2: Try to apply paper based WP extension before 10 days of your PGWP expires. Then, you will be in implied status.
Paper based WP processing time is more than 100 -days (I think so. Check it online). In the meantime you will get PPR.

GOOD NEWS: My current employer agreed to keep my position until I obtain my PR, and the immigration officer told me that my current employer needs to pay employer compliance fee to support with my WP extension (like you said) which is great. Can I apply WP extension online?

Reactions: Trekstar19 and avm

babyteddybear

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
GOOD NEWS: My current employer agreed to keep my position until I obtain my PR, and the immigration officer told me that my current employer needs to pay employer compliance fee to support with my WP extension (like you said) which is great. Can I apply WP extension online?
Yea, just apply under "work permit (new employer)" category.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Awesome news

veilofsun

Aug 7, 2018
My timeline:

File received: August 22, 2017
AOR: September 30, 2017
MR: March 20, 2018
MP: June 19, 2018
Waiting...

UPD:
Got a message in MyCIC today.
They requested the following information:
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/18

Employment records: An original and recent letter of employment indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week. Please, provide employment reference letter with duties listed. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/18

Any ideas why they requested IMM 5669 again? I've sent this form with my application.

veilofsun

Aug 7, 2018
UPD:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/18
Employment records: An original and recent letter of employment indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week. Please, provide employment reference letter with duties listed. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/18

Any ideas why they requested IMM 5669 again? I've sent this form with my application.

abbytronix

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
UPD:

Not sure, but lately they have been asking it from AINP and SINP applicants.
May I know you are from which province?

Rpatel22

Sep 21, 2018
Been in canada for over 5 years....i have Closed work permit with employer restrictions exp 2019 sep....applied for Pr application through pnp programme

july 2017 application
March 2018 medicals done

expecting ppr next month.
Got fired from my job.

I cannot work with closed work permit. Please advice what to do.

Will this affect my pr application, should i be informing cic or pnp office about it. Scared to death. Please help.

Harpreet1995

Sep 5, 2018
UPD:

Have you applied for federal or still waiting for ur provincial nominee?

Anish_M

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Been in canada for over 5 years....i have Closed work permit with employer restrictions exp 2019 sep....applied for Pr application through pnp programme

july 2017 application
March 2018 medicals done

expecting ppr next month.
Got fired from my job.

I cannot work with closed work permit. Please advice what to do.

Will this affect my pr application, should i be informing cic or pnp office about it. Scared to death. Please help.
Be Silent, you will get your PR. Don't tell anyone

Reactions: mpreetsingh

appleleave

Sep 17, 2018
Sorry guys, i am not here to complain, I just felt this may be the best place that I feel comfortable to talk about my story. I was so stressed out for the past week after I was told to be laid off my position, and my boss agreed to keep my position until I get my PR. Then I was told by manager that boss wants to give me 31 hours a week which is still full time(used to be 37.5 h a week), and my wages will be decreased to minimum wage. Now another issue came up that my work permit is going to expire soon, I need their help with my work permit extension. But seems like boss doesn't want put permanent and full time on my job offer. Boss said will get a couple of phone calls before make any decisions. I dont know who they are going to call hopefully not the government. I thought my boss' biggest concern is that I will come back to them and get them in trouble because the conflict between the contract they are going to offer and they actually going to offer. I don't know what to do. so hopeless.