PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
loma_linda said:
Are call Canadian cities "Port of Entry?" ? Or only major cities like Toronto and Vancouver? Can I do the first time landing formalities in Winnipeg via taking a flight via USA then Winnipeg?
You can do the landing at any border. The closest US Border in Winnipeg is the town of Emerson. If you are still in doubt, you can always give a call to the respective CBSA office before going just to make sure :)

Good luck.

KB

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
When will return tracker activate?? They received my passport on Jan 15th. And even Jan 13th return activated why taking so long?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Bincanada said:
I'll be in the Winnipeg area soon, just got my COPR today in the mail. It'll be a few weeks, then when I get business finalized here I'll be Canadian bound permanently this time!
That's amazing.. Congratulations. Make sure to look me up before or after you land. I will show you around and assist you with applying for Drivers license, MB Health card, SIN Card, etc etc :)

Cheers
KB

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Soon2332 said:
Hello all ,

Just a couple of questions , if someone could help . So , for Alberta --

1) Which is the closest border and best option for landing in terms of smooth process without any hassle . Which one is better - Carway or Coutts , what are their working hours for landing process?

2) What all documents we need to carry with us at the border ?

3) Can we do landing on weekends or weekdays are the best options ?

4)If someone accompanies us , how does it work out ? ( I mean does that person sit in the car , does that person need any documents for own )

5) Do we need to carry anyother application forms ( like PR CARD application , SIN application etc )

6) Do they give us SIN number at the border ?

Answer to all these questions would be much appreciated .

Thanks in advance.
Hi Soon2332:
Answers to your questions:
1. For Calgary, best option is Coutts/Sweetgrass. The terminal is marked for immigration. Check CSBA's website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/provinces/ab-eng.html
2. Kaladhar posted a very good post some time ago. Pl check that
3. Go to the CBSA link. You can see each office's working hours for the service required. For Coutts, immigration services are 8 am - 11 pm every day, 7 days a week
4. I am assuming that you are not driving to US. The other person doesn't need to have any documents. He/she can wait in the car or CBSA office along with you.
5. No other application is required. PR card process is triggered at the border automatically. The border officer will tell you the exact procedure. If you want to declare any goods (furniture/car/jewelry), then you need to fill out B4/B4A forms. For B4, check: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html
6. No, you will need to go to Service Canada to get the SIN.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
VSw said:
Hi Soon2332:
1. For Calgary, best option is Coutts/Sweetgrass. The terminal is marked for immigration. Check CSBA's website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/provinces/ab-eng.html
3. Go to the CBSA link. You can see each office's working hours for the service required. For Coutts, immigration services are 8 am - 11 pm every day, 7 days a week
4. I am assuming that you are not driving to US. The other person doesn't need to have any documents. He/she can wait in the car or CBSA office along with you.
5. No other application is required. PR card process is triggered at the border automatically. The border officer will tell you the exact procedure. If you want to declare any goods (furniture/car/jewelry), then you need to fill out B4/B4A forms. For B4, check: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

Hope this helps.
Cheers!!
Good job, Vsw :)
+1 for you

Cheers
KB

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
VSw said:
Hi Soon2332:

Hope this helps.
Cheers!!
Good job..a small note from my side too..it is always advisable for any person going to the border please carry any one form of identification..based on past experience..worse things could happen there...

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
VSw said:
Hi Soon2332:

Hope this helps.
Cheers!!

Thank you so much for sparing time and answering questions, ya i will chek kaladhar's post, also i m frm edmonton, so coutts is best option? Also i hav usa visa but not canada multiple entry visa, i just wanted to do flagpoling, my friend doesnt hav usa visa and is on work permit, and is possibly accompanying me. Ya i just live inland so i dont hav anything to declare. Do we need to have proof of address? Do we need to show funds?

islanddiva

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2105
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015
Nomination.....
16-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016 DM 14-01-2013
Maddy44 said:
When will return tracker activate?? They received my passport on Jan 15th. And even Jan 13th return activated why taking so long?
Mine was activated today.....was received in Ottawa January 15th

Reidy

Jan 4, 2013
Passports returned today..arrived in Ottawa Wednesday the 13th January. Heading to do landing Friday at Pembina border..winnipeg end. Will post after we land.
Those still in line, it will all come to an end soon.

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
kaladhar said:
That''s awesome.. Congratulations :)
Would you like to talk about your experiences?

Cheers
KB
Thanks a lot ..
It went pretty smooth . I received my passport yesterday afternoon -- I reached rainbow bridge at around 7 PM. I walked across the bridge (any one planning to walk across rainbow should carry quarters -- you need 2 quarters to cross the bridge on foot)

I didnt want administrative refusal. I have a valid US visa. So got I94 and turned back. On the canadian side, showed my documents, they asked me to wait for ten minutes and all was done. There was error on my COPR -- my date of last entry and date of first entry were wrong. They verified and made changes to the COPR document. As it was weekday evening, it was pretty much empty.. The whole process (from leaving Canadian side to landing) took less than 1 hour.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum and all the best to everyone!!!!

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Terence.Zhao said:
return sticker activated!! Passport reached Ottawa on Jan 18th. :D
Congrats, Terence. Taking into consideration the day that the parcel has reached, it took them 8 business days :) I hope the landing goes smooth for you.

islanddiva said:
Mine was activated today.....was received in Ottawa January 15th
Congrats, Islanddiva. 9 days for you.. :) Good luck with the landing..

Reidy said:
Passports returned today..arrived in Ottawa Wednesday the 13th January. Heading to do landing Friday at Pembina border..winnipeg end. Will post after we land.
Those still in line, it will all come to an end soon.
Congrats, Reidy.. 11 days for you. Thanks for your positivity :) What do you mean Pembina Border? I heard that the Emerson border is the closest.. Are you guys going somewhere else? I will be waiting to read all about your experience.. Good luck.

They received mine on the 18th.. Today is the 8th business day ;) Let's see how long they will take mine..

Cheers
KB

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Soon2332 said:
Thank you so much for sparing time and answering questions, ya i will chek kaladhar's post, also i m frm edmonton, so coutts is best option? Also i hav usa visa but not canada multiple entry visa, i just wanted to do flagpoling, my friend doesnt hav usa visa and is on work permit, and is possibly accompanying me. Ya i just live inland so i dont hav anything to declare. Do we need to have proof of address? Do we need to show funds?
Just in case if you are still searching.. Here is the document checklist..

The documents that I'm planning to take with me for Flag-poling are below categorized from low to high priority. Just make sure to have them all with you to be on the safer side ;)

1. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Document [High Priority]

2. Work/Study/Visitors Visa Permit(s) [High Priority]

3. Valid Passport [High Priority] / Old Cancelled Passports [Low Priority] / If you have your Active US Visa Stamps in your Passport [Medium Priority]

4. Proof of Funds-Bank Statement from your bank [Medium Priority]

5. Drivers License as a second piece of Photo ID (High Priority if you're driving yourself; Medium Priority otherwise]

6. Any other additional documents that you receive along with your COPR [Moderate Priority]

I will update this list after my experience..

Cheers
KB

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Yes yes yes. Return tracker activated just now. Lets hope i will get passport back by friday within 3 days. It took 9 business days.