PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Maddy44 said:
Yes yes yes. Return tracker activated just now. Lets hope i will get passport back by friday within 3 days. It took 9 business days.
Thats awesome, Maddy.. Congrats :)

KB

mohsin22

Apr 3, 2011
Do I need to send pics with passport to Ottawa ?? Because my ppr letter doesn't say I need to include pics ... Could anybody help plz

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohsin22 said:
Do I need to send pics with passport to Ottawa ?? Because my ppr letter doesn't say I need to include pics ... Could anybody help plz
Better keep 2 photos. It's not going to hurt anyone :eek: :eek:. If they don't want, they will send it back.

Thank you

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
kaladhar said:
Just in case if you are still searching.. Here is the document checklist..

The documents that I'm planning to take with me for Flag-poling are below categorized from low to high priority. Just make sure to have them all with you to be on the safer side ;)

1. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Document [High Priority]

2. Work/Study/Visitors Visa Permit(s) [High Priority]

3. Valid Passport [High Priority] / Old Cancelled Passports [Low Priority] / If you have your Active US Visa Stamps in your Passport [Medium Priority]

4. Proof of Funds-Bank Statement from your bank [Medium Priority]

5. Drivers License as a second piece of Photo ID (High Priority if you're driving yourself; Medium Priority otherwise]

6. Any other additional documents that you receive along with your COPR [Moderate Priority]

I will update this list after my experience..

Cheers
KB

Thank u so much, do we need current employment letter also?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Soon2332 said:
Thank u so much, do we need current employment letter also?
You're welcome. I would say its of medium priority but if you have a hard copy of the Employment letter ready, then sure why not? I would suggest you to take it with you just in case. Its always better to be safe than sorry, no? ;)

KB

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
kaladhar said:
You're welcome. I would say its of medium priority but if you have a hard copy of the Employment letter ready, then sure why not? I would suggest you to take it with you just in case. Its always better to be safe than sorry, no? ;)

Cool, thanks. And wat if we dont have any address proof like internet, rent, electricity, i hav no bill under my name, den wat kind of address proof can we show?

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
My passport got activated today @4:00 pm
I hope I 'll get it tomorrow or Friday
It reached Ottawa on 18 Jan
Keeping my last time restoration, I have nothing into m account :-( just offer of employment ..also three weeks before I got closed work permit but I was not rehired as the business is slow they say so ..
Do you guys have any idea what to do and what 'll b asked and what to reply in this scenario ?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Soon2332 said:
Cool, thanks. And wat if we dont have any address proof like internet, rent, electricity, i hav no bill under my name, den wat kind of address proof can we show
Take your Drivers license and health card.. Both have your address on it. That should be good enough!

KB

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
akhan13 said:
My passport got activated today @4:00 pm
I hope I 'll get it tomorrow or Friday
It reached Ottawa on 18 Jan
Keeping my last time restoration, I have nothing into m account :-( just offer of employment ..also three weeks before I got closed work permit but I was not rehired as the business is slow they say so ..
Do you guys have any idea what to do and what 'll b asked and what to reply in this scenario ?
First off, Congrats ;) Take your CWP with you, that should be good enough. I am 95% sure that they wouldn't be asking about your current employment. So if they don't bring it up, please keep quiet by all means. Don't dig your own grave by saying something that you haven't been asked in the first place. I am sure that you would be smart enough to make the right moves but I'm just cautioning you to weigh your every word :)

On the other hand, if they do ask if you are employed or currently working, please be honest by all means. Tell them as it as. Tell them that business is slow and that you are looking at other full time Jobs and/or volunteer opportunities. The officers, especially someone at the government level appreciate it all the more when you stress that you are volunteering (or looking for volunteer projects) coz it shows that you don't like to be idle, that you are contributing your (time and) talent to the community at large and that you are boosting your skill-set. So saying the right words goes a long way :)

The bottomline?
If they just ask you for the documents in your hand then Silence + Smile + Do your thing.
If they probe you about your job then Honesty + Transparency + Smile + Hope for the best.

Don't worry. It will all work out for you. Dress sharp, wear a tie or a bow-tie (You can't go wrong with a Bowtie) and give 'em everything that you've got.. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.. Be confident and nail it ;)

Cheers
KB

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
1. Any of you guys know if we can be landing in New Brunswick-Maine boarder? Does anyone from New Brunswick done landing?

2. If I am from New Brunswick and I want to do landing in any border in Ontario area, is it gonna cause any trouble for me during landing?

Any suggestion will be really appreciated :)

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
NBUNB said:
1. Any of you guys know if we can be landing in New Brunswick-Maine boarder? Does anyone from New Brunswick done landing?

2. If I am from New Brunswick and I want to do landing in any border in Ontario area, is it gonna cause any trouble for me during landing?

I have the understanding that you can do landing at any border! If in doubt check the website!

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBUNB said:

try to closest border with new brunswick rather than ontario one. some time CBSA officer raise too many questions
regarding your landing at far border than your close one. second do google and see the nearest border where u can
do landing. i m sure they they give full information in website.

congrats for your new career.

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Diegof09 said:
I have the understanding that you can do landing at any border! If in doubt check the website!
You are right, we can do landing in any border but as Delta304 said some time CBSA officers ask too many questions
when you do landing in a far border than the nearest one especially if it's a different provinces. That's why I just wanted to clear with you guys.

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
delta304 said:
try to closest border with new brunswick rather than ontario one. some time CBSA officer raise too many questions
regarding your landing at far border than your close one. second do google and see the nearest border where u can
do landing. i m sure they they give full information in website.

congrats for your new career.
Thanks buddy. That's what I thought.... CBSA officers might ask me so many questions which is reasonable I guess. Do you know if immigration servers, i.e., landing, at the borders are open 24/7?