AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
Hi Chamone. Yes, I am also in the same situation and also have the same case processing agent (DS) and I really hope he is not on vacation :D its about time he gives us all DM statuses!

I have a question hoping someone can answer me this. After DM if i call CIC call centre asking about the decision and they confirm it being positive (fingers crossed) is it possible to be promoted before doing the landing??? Or is it safer for me to just wait for landing and then accept the promotion? Thanks!!!

chamone said:
Yes same situation 16th Dec, Doc request 28th Aug.

Have 6 lines and still in progress, Case Agent initials DS, I think Michelle888 also is in the same situation I think perhaps this case officer is on vacation or something.

just sit tight and wait i guess, nothing else can be done.

villary

May 17, 2013
Michelle888 said:
Hi Chamone. Yes, I am also in the same situation and also have the same case processing agent (DS) and I really hope he is not on vacation :D its about time he gives us all DM statuses!

I have a question hoping someone can answer me this. After DM if i call CIC call centre asking about the decision and they confirm it being positive (fingers crossed) is it possible to be promoted before doing the landing??? Or is it safer for me to just wait for landing and then accept the promotion? Thanks!!!
That does not matter at all. I Got promoted before they asked for additional doc and schedule A. I put in my new job title there. Already got DM. No problem.

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
But i have a closed WP as of now, thats why i am concerned... Did you also have a closed WP?

villary said:
That does not matter at all. I Got promoted before they asked for additional doc and schedule A. I put in my new job title there. Already got DM. No problem.

raman69

Star Member
Dec 17, 2010
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
MPNP-winnipeg(manitoba), PR Fedral-Ottawa
NOC Code......
6231 NOC-B (Insurance Broker)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9 2014(Mpnp) Feb 9,2015 (Federal PR)
Doc's Request.
Additional documents requested, ask to filled newly separated schedule A for spouse only on Oct 20,2015. Sent by fax and post as well on oct 21,2015
Nomination.....
Nov 30 2014
AOR Received.
XEP-April 24,2015 EP-June 15,2015
File Transfer...
Feb 09,2015
Med's Request
Sep 10,2015
Med's Done....
Sep18,2015 and medical received on ECAS Oct 23,2015
Passport Req..
Feb 3,2016( i was back home, sent an email and asked to changed visa office, got email back, sent passport and got back visa stamped, landed succesfully)
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
since 2010, landed for PR Mar 5,2016(Ottawa Airport)
kelly900422 said:
My doc was sent on Sep 15th, the day after the officer requested, ( I emailed, faxed and mailed to CIC)
the "received doc" email was on Oct 9th...

hey kelly900422,

-which email address did you use to sent your newly filled additional documents schedule A to cic?

-did you get reply back from same email that they recived your documents and if "yes" after how long you got replied back?

-did they ask you that you can send by email?

-or they just ask you to send by fax or mail to their cic address?

reply will be appreciate

BCPNP2014

May 5, 2015
there's a date on the visa (I'm not from a visa exempt country)but not the CoPR. You have to land by that date and there's no extensions. It was sometime in march next year so you can definitely wait till after your trip to land

lbdz said:
Contratulations! And thanks for the information :)

I think the only option to travel for christmas would be doing the landing once I come back. I dont think there should be any problem with that... Anyway I would ask first to make sure. But first I need to get the CoPR before is too late xD (fingers crossed).

Is there a due date or time limit to do the landing once you get the CoPR?

Thanks again.

BCPNP2014

May 5, 2015
I wasn't asked about my job situation when I landed (but it was also super late with no one at the border). I had a closed WP for a job I was no longer at because my permit was issued super late and I lost it. I also had a study permit to start a phD next year. All he asked was what I was going to do my PhD in, and I told him I don't think I'm going to do it anymore ....I only said that because I gauged the situation and thought it was ok, otherwise there's no way in hell I would have told him that (I would have just said yes and I start in jan)

But he did take a look at both my permits

fflorenc said:
thx so much for that information xD Im still waiting for my copr n passport to come back. but i been thinking abt qutting soon and going on vacation outside canada before i received my pr card... i guess i cant do that now T.T

villary

May 17, 2013
Michelle888 said:
But i have a closed WP as of now, thats why i am concerned... Did you also have a closed WP?
open. but as long as its same company and field that qualifies it doesnt matter. in my case l was promoted from assistant mgr to manager

fflorenc

Aug 8, 2015
lbdz said:
Contratulations! And thanks for the information :)

I think the only option to travel for christmas would be doing the landing once I come back. I dont think there should be any problem with that... Anyway I would ask first to make sure. But first I need to get the CoPR before is too late xD (fingers crossed).

Is there a due date or time limit to do the landing once you get the CoPR?

Thanks again.
I read somewhere that if you are provincially nominated, you cant leave the province for more than a month before ur pr is issued (done landing n everything)? Cos if they find out, ur nomination might be cancelled or something

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fflorenc said:
I read somewhere that if you are provincially nominated, you cant leave the province for more than a month before ur pr is issued (done landing n everything)? Cos if they find out, ur nomination might be cancelled or something
Hi, I would like to know where do you find that information, I am looking around, but can't find anything.
According to others members your CoPR has an expiration date after 1 year of your medicals (for me it will be in May next year). I'm pretty concern regarding your input because I have booked a ticket for going to Chile from Dec.06 to March 02nd, preparing to do my landing when I come back to Canada. But if your information is correct, I might put my PR in risk. ???
Please anyone who can clarified this point. :eek:
otherwise, I will call CIC when I have my CoPR in my hands, hopefully pretty soon.
Thanks guys!

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Hi All, For all the people planning to travel after doing landing before getting a PR Card. You can travel to US in your personal/rental car and return back via road just using your COPR.

So the benefit of this is that you can go via land to US and fly out from there in case it is urgent and come back via the same route.

Just giving you some options!!

And I have travelled to the US in car and returned on my COPR. So it is a tested method!!

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Chanchis said:
Hi, I would like to know where do you find that information, I am looking around, but can't find anything.
According to others members your CoPR has an expiration date after 1 year of your medicals (for me it will be in May next year). I'm pretty concern regarding your input because I have booked a ticket for going to Chile from Dec.06 to March 02nd, preparing to do my landing when I come back to Canada. But if your information is correct, I might put my PR in risk. ???
Please anyone who can clarified this point. :eek:
otherwise, I will call CIC when I have my CoPR in my hands, hopefully pretty soon.
Thanks guys!
There is no issue if you travel to your home country and do landing while returning. There are no rules of residency for Landing. Just you have to be in the same province you were nominated is something you need to do as a moral responsibility.

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vegasIndian said:
There is no issue if you travel to your home country and do landing while returning. There are no rules of residency for Landing. Just you have to be in the same province you were nominated is something you need to do as a moral responsibility.
Thanks a lot, yes I'm planning to go from this province and return to the same place, but maybe not for longer, after all when you are a resident you finally are free.
Thanks a lot for your answer, it gives me some relief!

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
fflorenc said:
Yes . read this - http://meurrensonimmigration.com/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

My take is....you're still subject to an immigration officer's discretion up until you get your PR card. Example - After your visa, when you land, one of the questions asked is if you've committed any crime since your visa (this is the most common), if yes, like a DUI, you're likely inadmissible and your PR can be canceled right there. You're still under assessment for PR until the card gets you. After that, it is not impossible but becomes much less likely - very diminished risk

wy19900807

Jul 17, 2015
villary said:
open. but as long as its same company and field that qualifies it doesnt matter. in my case l was promoted from assistant mgr to manager
Hello, everyone! Before I sent my application to CIC, I worked in a motel as a assistant manager, but after I got the provincial nominate, I change my job just working like a server. Is it allowed to change the job during your application hasn't down yet?I still working in same town but different employer. For this situation the final decision made will be rejected or not?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
tenkrun10 said:
Yes . read this - http://meurrensonimmigration.com/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

My take is....you're still subject to an immigration officer's discretion up until you get your PR card. Example - After your visa, when you land, one of the questions asked is if you've committed any crime since your visa (this is the most common), if yes, like a DUI, you're likely inadmissible and your PR can be canceled right there. You're still under assessment for PR until the card gets you. After that, it is not impossible but becomes much less likely - very diminished risk
This interpretation is mostly correct, however the PR Card has nothing to do with it. What they're talking about is people that have been issued a CoPR and an entry visa, but have not yet "landed". If you arrive at a POE and are able to convince the officer of your intention to remain in the province of nomination, you will be processed as a Permanent Resident. As soon as both yourself the officer sign the CoPR, you have PR status which can't be revoked at the border on a future date (to the best of my knowledge).

When you say that "you're likely inadmissible and your PR can be canceled right there", strictly speaking you're not having your status cancelled because you don't actually have status to cancel quite yet. In that case, you're being stopped at the very last hurdle, but it's not a cancellation. Once you're through the border with a signed form, the methods of cancellation no longer include any "intent to reside" process. While waiting for your PR Card you're still a permanent resident - the card is only a travel document.