+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP application and Post Graduate Work Permit

Shariar

Jan 8, 2011
Hi, I did my undergrad from Ontario and worked almost 3 years under the Post Graduate Work Permit. My CEC application was rejected for some reason (NOC code).

However, I am now doing my MBA and will soon apply for PNP certificate. My question is, once I get the certificate can I apply for another work permit while my PR application is being processed ? I know that PGWP is issued only once, but in my case what would be my ideal option to stay in Canada while application is being processed ?

It would be highly appreciated if anyone can shed some lights. Thanks.

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Shariar said:
Hi, I did my undergrad from Ontario and worked almost 3 years under the Post Graduate Work Permit. My CEC application was rejected for some reason (NOC code).

However, I am now doing my MBA and will soon apply for PNP certificate. My question is, once I get the certificate can I apply for another work permit while my PR application is being processed ? I know that PGWP is issued only once, but in my case what would be my ideal option to stay in Canada while application is being processed ?

It would be highly appreciated if anyone can shed some lights. Thanks.

Which Province you are applying PNP? My guess is that u can apply for a WP through your employer.

Do you mind sharing why wasn't ur app accepted first time. What was your NOC code?

Shariar

Jan 8, 2011
I'm applying under PNP Ontario. My first application was rejected because my job experience did not match the NOC code.

To obtain a WP through the employer will require LMO, which is really hard to get. Employers usually do not want to take hassles. Any other option ?

J.I.N

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Shariar said:
I'm applying under PNP Ontario. My first application was rejected because my job experience did not match the NOC code.

To obtain a WP through the employer will require LMO, which is really hard to get. Employers usually do not want to take hassles. Any other option ?
If your PGWP is still valid and your job falls under any of the NOC A, B or O skilled work, I dnt think you will need LMO. I may be wrong but it is worth exploring.

Shariar

Jan 8, 2011
As I mentioned earlier that I am back to school for MBA, so here again my question is:

Once I get the PNP Ontario certificate (Masters Program), what are my options to remain in Canada while PR application is being processed ?

(Background: I have been issued PGWP 5 years back, and I have already worked for 2.5 years using that PGWP. After PGWP expired, I changed my status to Student and now going to school for MBA program to apply for PNP Ontario)

I would really appreciate any relevant information. Thanks.

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Shariar, I think the following may solve your problem:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html
Masters and PhD graduates nominated under the PhD or Masters Graduate streams may be eligible for a letter of support for an open work permit. The support letters for open work permit will be issued to provide assistance to certain graduates who require a means of maintaining or establishing status in Canada while they transition to Permanent Residence (PR) in Ontario. The letter of support for an open work permit would allow nominees to apply to CIC for an open work permit in Ontario for the period of 18 months. Opportunities Ontario will be using its R204(c) authority under the Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement and its Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Annex to facilitate the issuance of open work permits.