+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM Please help

ap8329

May 8, 2005
Hello PMM,

I along with my wife and son landed in Toronto on 20-June-2007. We had given our relatives address for mailing the PR card. After staying in Canada for 3 days we left Canada.

We have still not got the PR card (we checked with our relatives). Please let us know:
1. the process to check the status of our PR card.
2. can we reapply for the PR card through inernet/phone?
3. We intend to go back to Canada permanently in 2008 end (1.5 years after landing). Will this create any problem with our PR status? I heard that we have to be in Canada within 6 months, else we can be refused travel document since we do not have the PR card.

Please advise.
Regards
Amit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ap8329 said:
Hello PMM,

I along with my wife and son landed in Toronto on 20-June-2007. We had given our relatives address for mailing the PR card. After staying in Canada for 3 days we left Canada.

We have still not got the PR card (we checked with our relatives). Please let us know:
3. We intend to go back to Canada permanently in 2008 end (1.5 years after landing). Will this create any problem with our PR status? I heard that we have to be in Canada within 6 months, else we can be refused travel document since we do not have the PR card.

Please advise.
Regards
Amit
1. Well there was obviously a problem with your cards or they were lost in the mail. You will have to contact the PR Card Centre, but the no. only works in Canada. 1 888 242‑2100
2. No you have to be resident in Canada to apply for a PR card and if there was a problem with the original, you have to pick it up in person.
3. As long as you maintain your PR status, 2 years residence in 5, there will be no problems. Without a PR card, to return to Canada, if you are from a non-visitor visa exempt country you will require a travel visa from a Canadian office overseas. There is no 6 month rule.

PMM

gscanner

Oct 15, 2007
I landed in Canada in August 2005.Stayed for two and half months and came out of Canada due to some family problems. I intend to come back to Canada
in Jan 2008.
Pl guide me will I be able to complete requirement of citizationship before expiry
of PR card which is on August 2010
Thanks
Iqbal

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
\
gscanner said:
I landed in Canada in August 2005.Stayed for two and half months and came out of Canada due to some family problems. I intend to come back to Canada
in Jan 2008.
Pl guide me will I be able to complete requirement of citizationship before expiry
of PR card which is on August 2010
Thanks
Iqbal
If you remain from Jan/08 you will require 730 days residence in Canada before Nov/10 to maintain your PR status, so you will have a little wiggle room. Citizenship is different, if returned in Jan/08 you would have to remain every day in Canada to Jan/11 when you would be eligible to apply for Citizenship, as you need 3 years residence.

PMM

ap8329

May 8, 2005
Dear PMM,

Thanks for your reply. This forum is really awesome.

One last question relating to point 3 in my earlier post:

- Since I am from India (non-exempt for visa purposes), I will require a visa from Canadian Embassy to re-enter Canada, as there was problem with my PR card. What is the process for this visa, is it simple given that we have COPR? Also, how long is this visa valid. I mean once we get it, how long before we can travel to Canada?

Thanks for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ap8329 said:
Dear PMM,

Thanks for your reply. This forum is really awesome.

One last question relating to point 3 in my earlier post:

- Since I am from India (non-exempt for visa purposes), I will require a visa from Canadian Embassy to re-enter Canada, as there was problem with my PR card. What is the process for this visa, is it simple given that we have COPR? Also, how long is this visa valid. I mean once we get it, how long before we can travel to Canada?

Thanks for your help.
1 Fairly straight forward as long as you have maintained or are able to maintain your PR status. You apply through one of the VFS offices. http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/
2. Supposedly you will receive a response in 5 days.

PMM

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
hi,
Can you please share your experience in applying travel document.iam in the same boat and planning to apply travel document from Banglore VFS in january.
Regards

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
jppbaku said:
hi,
Can you please share your experience in applying travel document.iam in the same boat and planning to apply travel document from Banglore VFS in january.
Regards

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
hi,
Regards

ap8329 said:
Hello PMM,

Please advise.
Regards
Amit

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
jppbaku said:
hi,
Regards
This thread is 7 years old..! Not sure you will get an answer..

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
polara69 said:
This thread is 7 years old..! Not sure you will get an answer..

@polara69
Thanks i didn't noticed it..However i got answer already.Applied for Travel document from VFS Bangalore India.Application processed and travel document ready in just one day... :) :) :)Was told from vfs that process takes 20 days but got message next day saying passport ready for collection ...bit relieved of pr card delay.....