+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help - PR application rejected because of south korean PCC format

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Ishrat,
Did CIC ask you again for korean PCC ? Even my case is reopened & they have asked me again to submit the PCC which is unobtainable. Can you please let me know what evidences have you attached in the explaination letter. Did they accept the explaination letter.

Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks.
Hi, There is no update from CIC yet. Waiting for them. Well, I will submit a notice i got from Korean police station. Or will contact legal services in Korea. One of the agencies said that they can try to get the PCC for me but If they cannot get the document then they will refund me 50% and give me evidence to submit to CIC. So far, I am counting on these. The agency’s name is Ask Korea legal consultation. email ID: wchung@askkorealaw.com

May I know how much time CIC give you to submit the lapsed record?

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Hi, There is no update from CIC yet. Waiting for them. Well, I will submit a notice i got from Korean police station. Or will contact legal services in Korea. One of the agencies said that they can try to get the PCC for me but If they cannot get the document then they will refund me 50% and give me evidence to submit to CIC. So far, I am counting on these. The agency’s name is Ask Korea legal consultation. email ID: wchung@askkorealaw.com

May I know how much time CIC give you to submit the lapsed record?
Thanks Ishrat for sharing the contact of the legal agency. I will try to approach them as well. CIC gave me 60 days to submit.

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Thanks Ishrat for sharing the contact of the legal agency. I will try to approach them as well. CIC gave me 60 days to submit.
Hi Ishrat, Upon visiting korean consulate personally, they mentioned that KNPA issues criminal records with lapsed records only to koreans & its illegal to issue this to foreigners for any purpose. Also i contacted this legal korean services & they estimated USD 600 just to try for this certificate. Do you think its worth to put this huge amount on stake just for one certificate which is expensive than the canadian visa fees. I am thinking to raise a web form again to convey this to CIC. Any thoughts ?

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
I
Are there any new updates on this issue as of 2020?
I recently got my PPR. I was not able to get the PCC with lapsed record. I explained the whole situation to CIC in a webform. So I guess CIC is already updated regarding the issue.

jyma86

Jan 8, 2020
I

I recently got my PPR. I was not able to get the PCC with lapsed record. I explained the whole situation to CIC in a webform. So I guess CIC is already updated regarding the issue.

Wow thanks for the update! did they ask you for lapsed records at all? Or did you just explain the situation in the webform?

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Wow thanks for the update! did they ask you for lapsed records at all? Or did you just explain the situation in the webform?
They rejected my application based on Korean PCC. Then I raised the webform explaining the situation, they reopend my application. And after that never asked for additional documents.

Reactions: KlausKarp

jyma86

Jan 8, 2020
They rejected my application based on Korean PCC. Then I raised the webform explaining the situation, they reopend my application. And after that never asked for additional documents.

Thats awesome! Im glad it worked out for you!
Are you a Korean national? I know there are some post saying that it was illegal for foreigners to obtain the PCC but actually they would not release the form to my husband who is Korean

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Thats awesome! Im glad it worked out for you!
Are you a Korean national? I know there are some post saying that it was illegal for foreigners to obtain the PCC but actually they would not release the form to my husband who is Korean
No, I am not a Korean National. For Koreans, the police station should give the specific law which obstructs them to release lapsed record. Please take a written acknowledgment from the police station if you can or ask them to show the notice.

jyma86

Jan 8, 2020
No, I am not a Korean National. For Koreans, the police station should give the specific law which obstructs them to release lapsed record. Please take a written acknowledgment from the police station if you can or ask them to show the notice.
oh thank you so much for your advice!

Reactions: ishrat6788

acw

Jun 11, 2020
Canada
Just wondering if anyone here has had any success with using wchung@askkorealaw.com (or ask korea law in general) to get the lapsed record cert?. They are far more reasonable than others offering this service, so I want to make sure it's legit. Any help is appreciated.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Are u newly submitted or already submitted LoE and got ADR? I know few people who got through successfully with just LoE