im just have a few queation its very important to my fren pls help us
job seeker, leon hope u can give us a answer thank u

they send the application by may 16
they received it may 17
started process by july 18
and her employer they released or she got laid off by june
on that time and until now she is waiting for her open permit
the QUESTION is:
if she cant find a employer within a months or a year, are they going to send her back to the philippines?or its this going to affect her application?
and if its not.....is she allowed to apply for EI for the mean time ???coz its to hard to find employer now a days

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I doubt she's going to be sent back to the Philippines just because she's out of job but she might be if she's out of status and is found out staying here without status. There is a time period (I think, not too sure about it though) to apply for the EI after losing a job. It's been more than 3 months since she was released. She need to find another employer. It now takes 10 months for the processing of the first stage approval (AIP and OWP). What province is she in that she's having difficulty finding an employer as a caregiver?

searso31 said:
hello everyone
im just have a few queation its very important to my fren pls help us
job seeker, leon hope u can give us a answer thank u

they send the application by may 16
they received it may 17
started process by july 18
and her employer they released or she got laid off by june
on that time and until now she is waiting for her open permit
the QUESTION is:
if she cant find a employer within a months or a year, are they going to send her back to the philippines?or its this going to affect her application?
and if its not.....is she allowed to apply for EI for the mean time ???coz its to hard to find employer now a days

searso31

Oct 8, 2010
its very hard to find a employer coz of they dont want to sponsor or to have more responsibility...she located at ottawa ontario...but its possible that she can apply for EI if she apply after they released her????or is live- in care giver (work permit status) not allow to apply EI...?

yvetteyo

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2012
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
I believe that applying for EI depends on her visa. I know that to eligible for EI you need to be available for work, with a standard work visa you are generally tied to a specific employer and therefore not able to work for just anybody, hence not eligible for EI.

Not sure if that helps.