+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of lmo

gemini_63

Feb 4, 2012
sir i would like to ask about the procedure in lmo ..my daughter who is in taiwan applied as a food attendant in canada she has an employer already and applied for visa and after it granted and released ,about a weeks then she was told by her friend in canada who helped her that her employer backedout already because she is in need a worker immediately and cannot wait for her anymore ,,but still her friend helped her again that there is another open job in mcdonalds and ready to give it to her name .she was told that its ok to have another lmo if u already got the visa ,,so she resigned in taiwan to fly in canada ,,she is now in canada sir but she is pending, the immigration didnt allow her to enter yet they questioning the diffrerences between her visa and the new lmo ,they said the visa applied is the 1st employer who backedout and her lmo is not the same ,,now she stay for a while in hotel in 3 days the immigration said they will be having a confirmation and checking for her documents 1st,,we are all worry because she doesnt have job anymore ,,sir what will be the decision regarding this? pls answer me soon ,,thank you,,

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Did she explain that the first employer backed out because it took so long for her visa to get approved and that another employer offered her the job and applied for the LMO (hoping the LMO is genuine, and she signed a contract with the new employer).

gemini_63 said:
sir i would like to ask about the procedure in lmo ..my daughter who is in taiwan applied as a food attendant in canada she has an employer already and applied for visa and after it granted and released ,about a weeks then she was told by her friend in canada who helped her that her employer backedout already because she is in need a worker immediately and cannot wait for her anymore ,,but still her friend helped her again that there is another open job in mcdonalds and ready to give it to her name .she was told that its ok to have another lmo if u already got the visa ,,so she resigned in taiwan to fly in canada ,,she is now in canada sir but she is pending, the immigration didnt allow her to enter yet they questioning the diffrerences between her visa and the new lmo ,they said the visa applied is the 1st employer who backedout and her lmo is not the same ,,now she stay for a while in hotel in 3 days the immigration said they will be having a confirmation and checking for her documents 1st,,we are all worry because she doesnt have job anymore ,,sir what will be the decision regarding this? pls answer me soon ,,thank you,,

gemini_63

Feb 4, 2012
yes sir she did ,,yes the 2nd lmo is genuine and with her named on it ..she already asked her boss to helped her call the immigration officer who interviewed her to confirm that she has job waiting for her .maybe they wont allow her to enter coz they are thinking there is no job
Sir what do you thnk is the problem why they let her stand by for 3 days?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Well they probably are checking her credentials. Which Canadian province did your daughter land?

gemini_63 said:
yes sir she did ,,yes the 2nd lmo is genuine and with her named on it ..she already asked her boss to helped her call the immigration officer who interviewed her to confirm that she has job waiting for her .maybe they wont allow her to enter coz they are thinking there is no job
Sir what do you thnk is the problem why they let her stand by for 3 days?

gemini_63

Feb 4, 2012
in calgary alberta sir,my question is that using your 1st visa to the 2nd or another employer is ok or not? but theres a lot of foreign workers doing like that sir,how come this happen to her now, being delayed or what are they thinking ? coz its not fair if they wont give her working permit..do you think she can have the permit after all the checking that everything is ok? thank you sir...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, it was possible before unless they have changed their rules. Tough, it being the week end.

gemini_63 said:
in calgary alberta sir,my question is that using your 1st visa to the 2nd or another employer is ok or not? but theres a lot of foreign workers doing like that sir,how come this happen to her now, being delayed or what are they thinking ? coz its not fair if they wont give her working permit..do you think she can have the permit after all the checking that everything is ok? thank you sir...

gemini_63

Feb 4, 2012
ok sir, so now im confident that she can have her working permit by tomorrow,because the only issue here is her visa and her lmo is not the same but still her new lmo is genuine and there is job and employer waiting for her,as long the visa and the lmo is not expired,,right sir??thank you very much ..god bless my daughter.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So did your daughter finally get her WP?

gemini_63 said:
ok sir, so now im confident that she can have her working permit by tomorrow,because the only issue here is her visa and her lmo is not the same but still her new lmo is genuine and there is job and employer waiting for her,as long the visa and the lmo is not expired,,right sir??thank you very much ..god bless my daughter.

gemini_63

Feb 4, 2012
sad to say its no ,,sir i thought its ok to use the visa for the 1st lmo aplied to your new lmo...we are all sad..