+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please urgent help

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
i applied to renew my pr card in April 2017. I met the requirement of more than 2 yeears in the last 5 years . in jun 2017 they sent me email asking for additional documents then after 1 week they sent an email telling me that my application is in secondary review . i sent the documents that they asked me to send and there is no update to my application. my problem is now i applied to get my licences from college of physician(as my job is a doctor ) and they asked me to send them new valid resident card .and they told (if the updated PR Card is not yet in your possession, we ask you to make arrangements for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to contact us to advise that while your PR Card has expired, your PR status remains in place.) please can you advise me what i should do in this situation .thank you

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
please can anyone advise me what i should do please
This is what I would do if I was in that position. Others can comment if I am wrong or if additional options are there.
There is an option to request for status from IRCC. You can try this. I don’t know how much time is taken for you to get it.Secondly calll the call centre of IRCC and ask their opinion. Thirdly iwrite a letter with copy of the College letter to IRCC, PRCards Sydney.
Verification of status (VOS) or request to amend
This includes:

• confirmation of permanent residence
  • replacement of visitor record
  • amendment of visitor record
  • study permit
  • work permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is what I would do if I was in that position. Others can comment if I am wrong or if additional options are there.
There is an option to request for status from IRCC. You can try this. I don’t know how much time is taken for you to get it.Secondly calll the call centre of IRCC and ask their opinion. Thirdly iwrite a letter with copy of the College letter to IRCC, PRCards Sydney.
Verification of status (VOS) or request to amend
This includes:

• confirmation of permanent residence
  • replacement of visitor record
  • amendment of visitor record
  • study permit
  • work permit
Processing for verification of status (VOS) is 6 months.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Ah then verification of status is out of question.

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
what ur opinion about apply for what u said (vos ) and mark it as urgent coz in the website tell that we make apply urgent

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
what ur opinion about apply for what u said (vos ) and mark it as urgent coz in the website tell that we make apply urgent
You can try, no harm. I don’t know if they will do it on urgent basis. Meanwhile send a letter ASAP to IRCC-PR Cards , Sydney to urgently process your PR card application. Also in the urgent processing option of PR card submit a request there too.

R

rish888

Processing for verification of status (VOS) is 6 months.
I applied for a Verification of Status Document over the summer. I mailed my application on July 2. I got my VOS by e-mail on July 21. I sent it by regular post from abroad, so it would have taken at least 5-7 days for IRCC to physically get my application.

This may have been something one off, I don't know, but thought I would share this.

Note:

Give your passport number as the number in the passport you used to land. This makes processing quicker.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: LE Canada

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
I applied for a Verification of Status Document over the summer. I mailed my application on July 2. I got my VOS by e-mail on July 21. I sent it by regular post from abroad, so it would have taken at least 5-7 days for IRCC to physically get my application.

This may have been something one off, I don't know, but thought I would share this.

Note:

Give your passport number as the number in the passport you used to land. This makes processing quicker.

Hope this helps.
thank you for sharing this information . i just want to ask 1- what type of document u applied for 2- does the document tells that ur permanent status is still valid 3- did u write on the envelope that u sent Urgent so they processed it very quickly? all i need is a document that is dated currently telling that i am still a permanent resident as pr card is expired and landing paper is before 5 years .they want any document that dated after my pr card date expiration . any information you provide will help me thank you

R

rish888

thank you for sharing this information . i just want to ask 1- what type of document u applied for 2- does the document tells that ur permanent status is still valid 3- did u write on the envelope that u sent Urgent so they processed it very quickly? all i need is a document that is dated currently telling that i am still a permanent resident as pr card is expired and landing paper is before 5 years .they want any document that dated after my pr card date expiration . any information you provide will help me thank you
I am a Permanent Resident and I applied to replace my Confirmation of PR document.

I did not write urgent, even if I did they don't process it as urgent unless there is a special need. (I believe only pension issues qualify as a special need.)

Aside from all the information my original CoPR document mentioned, it has information on current status (PR) as well as "Lost/Relinquished PR on:" (NA)

The is also a little header on top that the current status field is accurate as of the date on which the document is issued and that changes after that date are not reflected.

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
I am a Permanent Resident and I applied to replace my Confirmation of PR document.

I did not write urgent, even if I did they don't process it as urgent unless there is a special need. (I believe only pension issues qualify as a special need.)

Aside from all the information my original CoPR document mentioned, it has information on current status (PR) as well as "Lost/Relinquished PR on:" (NA)

The is also a little header on top that the current status field is accurate as of the date on which the document is issued and that changes after that date are not reflected.
does it show that ur residence status is valid and dated in the same day u applied for vos ? thank you

R

rish888

does it show that ur residence status is valid and dated in the same day u applied for vos ? thank you
It shows that you residence status is valid as of the date they issue the document. The date on the document is the date you get it in your email.

Ex:

You apply on Nov 15 2017. They send you an email with the document on Dec 15 2017. The document will be dated Dec 15 2017 and there will be an explanation from CIC explaining that the VOS is an official document issued by them and that as of Dec 15 2017 you are a PR. (The date on the document would be Dec 15, not Nov 15, in the scenario because they issue the document only on Dec 15 2017.)

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
It shows that you residence status is valid as of the date they issue the document. The date on the document is the date you get it in your email.

Ex:

You apply on Nov 15 2017. They send you an email with the document on Dec 15 2017. The document will be dated Dec 15 2017 and there will be an explanation from CIC explaining that the VOS is an official document issued by them and that as of Dec 15 2017 you are a PR. (The date on the document would be Dec 15, not Nov 15, in the scenario because they issue the document only on Dec 15 2017.)
so do u think i can use it as an official document to show that i maintain the permanent residency status without a vaild permanent residency card?