+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Thank you for your quick response. We applied together in June 2017 everything was sent to Mississauga. Apparently the VO started processing the PR app in August 2017. In regards to CIC Mississauga the CR was sent to the VO in December. I received an email response from the VO in Feb 2018 stating they received the CR app and was in queue for the visa office migration manager. I followed up early April and was told it was in process. Do you have any idea roughly we should get through? The VO has not asked for an interview. Our medicals and police are expired.
Have a Seat and buy a big container of patience, Mine is almost two years, 2 medicals 2 police clarence of FBI, RCMP, PGR, :/ Just for a couple beers in 2010 in Houston Tx. lol the beers more expensive in my life! lol

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Thank you for your quick response. We applied together in June 2017 everything was sent to Mississauga. Apparently the VO started processing the PR app in August 2017. In regards to CIC Mississauga the CR was sent to the VO in December. I received an email response from the VO in Feb 2018 stating they received the CR app and was in queue for the visa office migration manager. I followed up early April and was told it was in process. Do you have any idea roughly we should get through? The VO has not asked for an interview. Our medicals and police are expired.
I applied from the USA. It took me exactly 12 months to get CR approved. After approval, I applied for PR under the express entry. It's been 3 months but still waiting for my PR to get approved.

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I applied from the USA. It took me exactly 12 months to get CR approved. After approval, I applied for PR under the express entry. It's been 3 months but still waiting for my PR to get approved.
I know your story lol I lived for 7 years in canada all people drives drunk and hight,now after 17 october you can grow weed in your back yard but if you are drunk is bad fuck I Think is a hypocritical system

ThisStinks11

Sep 13, 2018
Hello all. I am currently in the process for applying for my Criminal Rehabilitation to Canada. They received my documents (per the tracking #) on 9-4-2018. My boyfriend did it last year. Sent out his application (with no references) on 5-26-2017 and got email confirmation that he had been cleared on 10-20-2017. So it took about five months for him. The first time we went over together he did not mention he had been cleared and then we were asked to go to the "little building." He was fine after they confirmed he was rehabilitated, but DING DING I then became red flagged. Bummer. I blew a 0.08 in 2010 and was charged with a DWAI (Driving while abilities impaired.)

There was not a ton of information of this. I am not seeking any residency just criminal rehabilitation for visits whenever. I am hoping it will not take 12-18 months but read somewhere it could. I did not include any references with my application either.

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hello all. I am currently in the process for applying for my Criminal Rehabilitation to Canada. They received my documents (per the tracking #) on 9-4-2018. My boyfriend did it last year. Sent out his application (with no references) on 5-26-2017 and got email confirmation that he had been cleared on 10-20-2017. So it took about five months for him. The first time we went over together he did not mention he had been cleared and then we were asked to go to the "little building." He was fine after they confirmed he was rehabilitated, but DING DING I then became red flagged. Bummer. I blew a 0.08 in 2010 and was charged with a DWAI (Driving while abilities impaired.)

There was not a ton of information of this. I am not seeking any residency just criminal rehabilitation for visits whenever. I am hoping it will not take 12-18 months but read somewhere it could. I did not include any references with my application either.

Good Luck! But It's going to be 12 to 18 months or missrepresentation to forget declare that conviction! I know its sucks lol

ThisStinks11

Sep 13, 2018
Good Luck! But It's going to be 12 to 18 months or missrepresentation to forget declare that conviction! I know its sucks lol
When my boyfriend first looked up the process it said it could take 12-18 months, but his was done in 5! So I guess it's hit or miss. He did mention he was in a wedding in Canada and the date. I doubt that helped or they cared though. I just wanted to share my experience and hope it won't take that long! You're right. It does suck :-(

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hello,

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences. I was arrested and convicted for the charge 'Harassment' (which is a misdemeanor) in Texas in 2009. By conviction I mean a plea bargain or deferred adjudication. There was no jail time as my case was dismissed in July 2009 on the condition that I plead guilty to a lesser crime 'Disorderly Conduct - Language', perform 40 hours of community service, pay fine and court fees, and not contact the victim (my ex-girlfriend) any more. As I completed all the conditions, my lesser charge was dismissed in January 2010.

When I ordered the PCC from FBI and Texas Department of Public Safety, there was no record of criminal activity, arrests or convictions. I still thought it is a good idea to apply for Rehabiliitation as it is never a good idea to lie on immigration applications (which I intend to start shortly).

The information you all provided has motivated me to go ahead with the seemingly scary rehab application. I just sent in my application for individual rehabilitation last week. I will update you guys as soon as I hear back from the consulate in New York. I am hoping it will be quick as nothing showed up in the PCC.

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
When my boyfriend first looked up the process it said it could take 12-18 months, but his was done in 5! So I guess it's hit or miss. He did mention he was in a wedding in Canada and the date. I doubt that helped or they cared though. I just wanted to share my experience and hope it won't take that long! You're right. It does suck :-(
Which consulate did you and your boyfriend send your application?

ThisStinks11

Sep 13, 2018
Which consulate did you and your boyfriend send your application?
Hey. He sent his application to the New York, NY consulate and it was done in 5 months. He did write on his application he was hoping to make a wedding. I doubt they took that into consideration though. I also sent my application to that once last month, I obviously have not heard anything back yet...

Reactions: Juku77

dennisjaneway

Aug 21, 2014
Mexico
Visa Office......
Mexico City
for anyone who did it at the CDMX Mexico City Embassy do they give u the letter to get your police certificate from Mexico or how does it work i have all other countries but i dont have any from Mexico

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hey. He sent his application to the New York, NY consulate and it was done in 5 months. He did write on his application he was hoping to make a wedding. I doubt they took that into consideration though. I also sent my application to that once last month, I obviously have not heard anything back yet...
Are you currently living in Mexico City?

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Hey you guys

Amazed to see how fast this forum has grown, posted back in January 2018.

Just updating all you guys who have applied for CR and are on the way for PR in Canada.

I finally also got my PR. It's been an arduously long journey. Applied for CR and PR together in Janary 2017. Got CR approved in January 2018, until that point PR application was on hold. January 2018 PR application got moving and 20 Sepetember 2018 got PR approved. Just got my passport back today with everything taken care of.

Am I excited to move to Canada anymore ? Hahahhahaha sure kinda, but now I am happy with life in Germany. Perhaps, I'll still go and do my entry and come back to Germany to live and continue working for couple of more years.

My visa office was Vienna.

Good luck to you all.

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hey you guys

Amazed to see how fast this forum has grown, posted back in January 2018.

Just updating all you guys who have applied for CR and are on the way for PR in Canada.

I finally also got my PR. It's been an arduously long journey. Applied for CR and PR together in Janary 2017. Got CR approved in January 2018, until that point PR application was on hold. January 2018 PR application got moving and 20 Sepetember 2018 got PR approved. Just got my passport back today with everything taken care of.

Am I excited to move to Canada anymore ? Hahahhahaha sure kinda, but now I am happy with life in Germany. Perhaps, I'll still go and do my entry and come back to Germany to live and continue working for couple of more years.

My visa office was Vienna.

Good luck to you all.
Congratulations!
Under what class do you make your app for PR? and why you wait 9 months more after CR app was aproved?

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
for anyone who did it at the CDMX Mexico City Embassy do they give u the letter to get your police certificate from Mexico or how does it work i have all other countries but i dont have any from Mexico
And yes ! You need write a letter asking for the request letter to PGR to obtain you Police clearance in Mexico !