waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
pakwan234 said:
The lawyer..or the people required to fix our sponsorship..i honestly dont know if they are called lawyers or not..
Your lawyer/consultant gave you very bad advice. They either were (at best) misinformed or knowingly recommended misrepresentation.

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakwan234 said:
Can anyone please help me? My marriage is solemnized under article 34 in the philippines..i married my long time gf who is also the mother of my son..will i have any problems with the sponsorship because this kind of marriage does not require a marriage license..please help me specially my fellow filipino countrymen with the same case..thanks!
how old your son now?and how old your son while as the first time you came to canada?I am asking this, I am trying to compare with other people that i know who had similar situation.

pakwan234

Jun 28, 2016
Ms.kaka said:
how old your son now?and how old your son while as the first time you came to canada?I am asking this, I am trying to compare with other people that i know who had similar situation.
My son is currently 4 years old..he is 4 years old when i left..he is turning 5 on november..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakwan234 said:
keesio said:
Your lawyer/consultant gave you very bad advice. They either were (at best)

What do you mean by misrepresentation sir? Could all of us lose our pr status?
Misrepresentation is when you lie about something such as your marital status. If immigration finds out that you were in a common law relationship when you wrote on your application that you are single, they could revoke your PR status.

Married2016

Aug 13, 2016
I unfortunately am in the same situation right now. I do not have a child though. But i was a dependent child and got recently married. I talked to an immigration lawyer and was asked to have my Philippine marriage annuled first, then I can get married right next time (with a marriage license).

Please update me about your case. Thank you.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Married2016 said:
I unfortunately am in the same situation right now. I do not have a child though. But i was a dependent child and got recently married. I talked to an immigration lawyer and was asked to have my Philippine marriage annuled first, then I can get married right next time (with a marriage license).

Please update me about your case. Thank you.
You need to give more info. Do you mean you're a dependent in your parents apps, but got married during the processing?

If so you must notify the visa office and remove yourself from the application as you no longer qualify as a dependent. If you get divorced now and then remarried, CIC may see that as a divorce of convenience done only for immigration purposes, and cause you lots more problems.

Married2016

Aug 13, 2016
I was single and my mother's dependant when I got my PR. I moved to Canada in 2014. I just got married last June 2016 and plan to sponsor my spouse. Problem is i got married without a license. Instead, under same article 34 (5 yrs cohabitation) which is false. I was pressed by time due to my short vacation and could not wait for marriage license.

Because of that I could not present my marriage certificate with technical flaw to CIC.

Solution is to get annuled. Then get married properly the next time with a marriage license so i can sponsor my spouse.

I have a bonafide relationship with my spouse but we got into this mess with the certificate. I do want us to be reunited soon. Is there any other possible solution?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Married2016 said:
I was single and my mother's dependant when I got my PR. I moved to Canada in 2014. I just got married last June 2016 and plan to sponsor my spouse. Problem is i got married without a license. Instead, under same article 34 (5 yrs cohabitation) which is false. I was pressed by time due to my short vacation and could not wait for marriage license.

Because of that I could not present my marriage certificate with technical flaw to CIC.

Solution is to get annuled. Then get married properly the next time with a marriage license so i can sponsor my spouse.

I have a bonafide relationship with my spouse but we got into this mess with the certificate. I do want us to be reunited soon. Is there any other possible solution?
This is what happens when you lie. You get yourself in a mess. Getting the marriage annulled and getting married again with a proper license could work but if immigration ever finds out that you married based on this 5 year cohabitation and then got your marriage annulled, your PR could be in danger. They will then want to know whether you were lying when you got married and said you had been cohabiting 5 years or when you applied for your immigration saying you were a single dependent of your mom.

Do you have proof that you did not cohabit before getting married if it comes to that?

Married2016

Aug 13, 2016
I can get affidavits from neighbors. I can also present IDs with my address. I am in Canada in 2014, 2 years before the wedding. 5 yrs cohabitation rule has to be continuous.

It has been previously recommended that i submit the original marriage cert (with cohabitation) and attach affidavits from disinterested persons to prove we did not live in together. And just used the article 34 because we were pressed by time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Married2016 said:
I can get affidavits from neighbors. I can also present IDs with my address. I am in Canada in 2014, 2 years before the wedding. 5 yrs cohabitation rule has to be continuous.

It has been previously recommended that i submit the original marriage cert (with cohabitation) and attach affidavits from disinterested persons to prove we did not live in together. And just used the article 34 because we were pressed by time.
In which case immigration will wonder when you lied, to the Philippines authorities to get married fast or to them saying you were a single dependent.

Married2016

Aug 13, 2016
If i don't get annuled. And if I'm able to prove that I lied to the Phil. Authorities to get married fast. Is there any chance that our application will be considered?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Married2016 said:
If i don't get annuled. And if I'm able to prove that I lied to the Phil. Authorities to get married fast. Is there any chance that our application will be considered?
You face an uphill battle that immigration will believe your proof. They will probably think that if you don't hesitate to lie to your home country government in order not to have to wait for a marriage license, you would not hesitate either to lie about this or other things to immigration. They might think that maybe you did not live together for 5 years which you admit having lied about but maybe you did live together for 1 and that would be enough to exclude you as a dependent child. They might think that if you don't have a problem lying about things, you might also get your family to write some letters stating that you did not live together although maybe you did.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not like they know from a letter from a "disinterested" person if it's your relative or best friend but good luck anyway.