+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Application has possibly been transferred to a wrong CPC office!

Chimpz93

Nov 19, 2019
Hey guys,

My husband and I are freaking out right now, to say the least.

I am the sponsor and a Canadian citizen. My husband is the applicant

We have submitted our application for outland Spousal Sponsorship on January 8, 2020. We've submitted my husband's medical exam and biometrics successfully in February. We have then received a letter from IRCC stating that our application has been transferred to CPC Mississauga for further processing - that was also in February. We haven't heard from IRCC since.

A couple of days ago, I sent out a Web Form message to inquire about a more detailed status of our application. To my HUGE surprise, an agent replied back stating our case is currently in Warsaw, Poland CPC!

That doesn't make any sense at all since a) Neither my husband or I have any connections with Poland b) My husband is a citizen of Russia and a resident of US - he applied outland from USA c) None of us have even visited Poland, so why would our application be processed there?

Today, I finally got a hold of the IRCC Customer Care line and spoke to an agent about this. She's just confirmed this same information and advised me to call/contact the Warsaw office to find out why the application is currently there. The agent had absolutely no idea either.

We sent an email and a Web Form to Warsaw CPC inquiring about this - also tried calling their office but no one answered.

Now just waiting for some explanation. We're afraid they might have forwarded our case there by mistake - and so worried about the consequences right now...

Guys, please kindly advise if you or anyone you've known have been in a similar situation or if you know why IRCC would have done something like this?

Thank you so much!! We're sooo freaking out :(

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Hey guys,

We have submitted our application for outland Spousal Sponsorship on January 8, 2020. We've submitted my husband's medical exam and biometrics successfully in February. We have then received a letter from IRCC stating that our application has been transferred to CPC Mississauga for further processing - that was also in February. We haven't heard from IRCC since.

A couple of days ago, I sent out a Web Form message to inquire about a more detailed status of our application. To my HUGE surprise, an agent replied back stating our case is currently in Warsaw, Poland CPC!

That doesn't make any sense at all since a) Neither my husband or I have any connections with Poland b) My husband is a citizen of Russia and a resident of US - he applied outland from USA c) None of us have even visited Poland, so why would our application be processed there?

Today, I finally got a hold of the IRCC Customer Care line and spoke to an agent about this. She's just confirmed this same information and advised me to call/contact the Warsaw office to find out why the application is currently there. The agent had absolutely no idea either.

We sent an email and a Web Form to Warsaw CPC inquiring about this - also tried calling their office but no one answered.

Now just waiting for some explanation. We're afraid they might have forwarded our case there by mistake - and so worried about the consequences right now...

Guys, please kindly advise if you or anyone you've known have been in a similar situation or if you know why IRCC would have done something like this?

Maybe the office in Poland is the one responsible for processing Russian Applicants. Read more about it to make sure. I have seen some cases that the local processing office can be different than the applicant's country let's say like a hub to some countries all together like when an embassy is covering from another country. Don't worry.

Reactions: Chimpz93

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Warsaw office CPC is the regional hub that covers Russia. So it's typical for Russian citizens to be processed out of Warsaw.

Now, I don't know whether sometimes they handle US residents out of US offices, or what internal procedures they have to decide when to do so, but basically Warsaw processing for a Russian citizen is completely normal. (As a similar example, London office handles many of the files from Pakistan and the like, Cairo is a regional hub, etc - Russians are not being singled out here in terms of being processed at a hub office)

Reactions: Chimpz93 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

What others have said. This is perfectly normal.

Chimpz93

Nov 19, 2019
Maybe the office in Poland is the one responsible for processing Russian Applicants. Read more about it to make sure. I have seen some cases that the local processing office can be different than the applicant's country let's say like a hub to some countries all together like when an embassy is covering from another country. Don't worry.
Thank you for your reply! I hope so too :)

Chimpz93

Nov 19, 2019
Warsaw office CPC is the regional hub that covers Russia. So it's typical for Russian citizens to be processed out of Warsaw.

Now, I don't know whether sometimes they handle US residents out of US offices, or what internal procedures they have to decide when to do so, but basically Warsaw processing for a Russian citizen is completely normal. (As a similar example, London office handles many of the files from Pakistan and the like, Cairo is a regional hub, etc - Russians are not being singled out here in terms of being processed at a hub office)
That makes sense! I just got a message from Warsaw CPC - and they did say they were the responsible office for all Russian citizen cases. Thanks so much for your reply!

Lotash

Jun 22, 2020
I am currently in nearly the same situation... my husband has submitted everything that was asked for including mrdical results way before the pandemic.... i have emailed the department several times asking several detailed questions regarding the status, but i either get a generic reply stating that the application will be processed once working conditions normalize or no reply at all. This is extremely frustrating, especially since i am also unable to link the application to my account :( have you gotten any any update since your application had been recieved in Poland?

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
I am currently in nearly the same situation... my husband has submitted everything that was asked for including mrdical results way before the pandemic.... i have emailed the department several times asking several detailed questions regarding the status, but i either get a generic reply stating that the application will be processed once working conditions normalize or no reply at all. This is extremely frustrating, especially since i am also unable to link the application to my account :( have you gotten any any update since your application had been recieved in Poland?
My application was recently approved by the Warsaw VO. They are indeed working.

Haroon Gloria

Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone plz let me applied in August 2020 medical done in September 2021 and it's been expired on Feb 2022 biometric is passed on January 2022 still been waiting and file is in warsaw Poland don't understand why it take to much time and I am candian citizen and all documents provided what they requested plz comments