+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pilot Program in artificial intelligence and IT

SuperAchy

Dec 22, 2021
It says: “Before submitting your application, you must check that the wage offered to you in the context of the job you hold or that you have accepted corresponds to the maximum hourly wage for your occupation…”
“Check the maximum wage that is associated with the occupation. Your wage must be equivalent to the 9th wage decile for your occupation.”

Moreover, I called MIFI to confirm before submitting my application. They’ve confirmed my understanding.

Hope you’ll get it! Keep us posted.

Hey , did you give your values test? How long after submission? Also did they ask for any additional documents. Lookimg forward to your timelines.

vitor-vma

Jul 11, 2022
Hey , did you give your values test? How long after submission? Also did they ask for any additional documents. Lookimg forward to your timelines.
Sure:
Jun 23 - Application submitted
Jun 26 - Test de valeur done
Jun 28 - En attente de traitement
Nov 30 - En traitement
Nov 30 - CSQ issued
Dec 9 - PR application submitted
Jan 26 - AOR received
Feb 8 - Pre-Arrival service letter received (I’ve done the medical exams and biometrics in 2021)

doliinyk

Feb 15, 2023
It says: “Before submitting your application, you must check that the wage offered to you in the context of the job you hold or that you have accepted corresponds to the maximum hourly wage for your occupation…”
“Check the maximum wage that is associated with the occupation. Your wage must be equivalent to the 9th wage decile for your occupation.”

Moreover, I called MIFI to confirm before submitting my application. They’ve confirmed my understanding.

Hope you’ll get it! Keep us posted.
Hey, thanks for the information.
According to my NOC
Hourly wage$26.00 to $58.78

What is 9th decile? -10% from max? So minimum hourly wage should be ~$53 ?

SuperAchy

Dec 22, 2021
Sure:
Nov 30 - En traitement
Nov 30 - CSQ issued
Jan 26 - AOR received
Feb 8 - Pre-Arrival service letter received (I’ve done the medical exams and biometrics in 2021)
Hi @vitor-vma/all

For the application for the IT program, how should we interpret ’Final Transcript of Grades’ requirement? Is it a certified copy from the issuing institution or simply a document scan?
Did they ask for any additional documents than those listed in the application form?

thanks,
SuperAchy

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Hi there, anyone got CSQ yet? For 2023 intake - I have seen a couple of people with status “En traitement”. It is quite interesting how IT franchisation filled so fast!

Reactions: peykaf

peykaf

Jan 4, 2023
Thank you! I hope everyone receives updates very soon! and certainly, wish that the timeline be much shorter than the 19 months shown on the IRCC website for the PR.

Reactions: vision2011

peykaf

Jan 4, 2023
Hi, I'm somewhat in the same situation as you. Have you heard anything back after the pre-arrival letter?

Sure:
Nov 30 - En traitement
Nov 30 - CSQ issued
Jan 26 - AOR received

Jul 10, 2023
Hello everyone, I am moving forward with my application through the AI stream in the Quebec graduate stream, specifically in the francization profile.

I have requested approval from TechnoCompétences through my company, and the process is expected to take approximately 15 days.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if someone could answer:
  1. Is it too late to apply now, considering there are only 150 applications for the AI stream (Quebec graduate stream) ?
  2. Are the permanent selection forms required to be hand-signed with blue ink, or can I sign them on my iPad or with a physical pen and then scan them?
  3. Any points to note before applying will be appreciated. thank you
I apologize for the numerous questions, and I hope someone can provide answers. @peykaf I guess you can answer them :)

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hello everyone, I am moving forward with my application through the AI stream in the Quebec graduate stream, specifically in the francization profile.

I have requested approval from TechnoCompétences through my company, and the process is expected to take approximately 15 days.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if someone could answer:
  1. Is it too late to apply now, considering there are only 150 applications for the AI stream (Quebec graduate stream) ?
  2. Are the permanent selection forms required to be hand-signed with blue ink, or can I sign them on my iPad or with a physical pen and then scan them?
  3. Any points to note before applying will be appreciated. thank you
I apologize for the numerous questions, and I hope someone can provide answers. @peykaf I guess you can answer them :)
- Is it too late to apply now, considering there are only 150 applications for the AI stream

I think nobody knows except MIFI. It should really regularly check website/call MIFI...

- Are the permanent selection forms required to be hand-signed with blue ink, or can I sign them on my iPad or with a physical pen and then scan them?

It would be better to print these forms with real hand-signed signatures.

- Any points to note before applying will be appreciated. thank you.

Apply as early as you can, francization profile always has maximum capacity..

PBBB

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who received CSQ and best of luck for PR!

Your help/opinion would be highly appreciated on the below issue

I have been working in Quebec for 4 years now but with a lmia noc 2161. My employer offered me to work for a new project with a noc 2171 so i guess they will apply for a new lmia with the new noc since the old one expires by the end of this year. Now my question is can i apply for the IT stream of this program even if my new position starts in January? My new contract fulfills all the requirements (wage and noc). Also, i am an older applicant (50+ of age) and i don't know if this will be an issue

Thank you in advance for your help

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who received CSQ and best of luck for PR!

Your help/opinion would be highly appreciated on the below issue

I have been working in Quebec for 4 years now but with a lmia noc 2161. My employer offered me to work for a new project with a noc 2171 so i guess they will apply for a new lmia with the new noc since the old one expires by the end of this year. Now my question is can i apply for the IT stream of this program even if my new position starts in January? My new contract fulfills all the requirements (wage and noc). Also, i am an older applicant (50+ of age) and i don't know if this will be an issue

Thank you in advance for your help
Hi,

Looking at the Quebec Immigration Act "Permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors", there is no age discrimination. Furthermore, have a loot at M.O. 2021-002, s. 10. If there is nothing else against you:

The selection conditions of the Information technologies and visual effects component are the following:
(1) where applicable, have stayed in Québec with the main purpose of working or taking part in a youth exchange program under an international agreement entered into by Québec or Canada;
(2) hold a diploma corresponding minimally to a Québec diploma of college studies in a technical program or to a Québec university diploma attesting to a bachelor’s degree;
(3) have held full-time eligible employment, for a period of at least 24 months in the 60 months preceding the date of filing of the application;
(4) hold or have accepted full-time eligible employment in Québec whose hourly wage is greater than the ninth decile of the average hourly wage of the last 3 years available for that employment, as estimated by the Minister of Employment and Social Solidarity.

Cheers and best of luck!

V.